Now that you've had a chance to look around, tell us what you think. What do you think is awesome? What could use a little improvement?
If there are certain things you'd like to see that aren't here yet, just let us know. You can help make the site exactly what the fans want.

Views: 2109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, i've read a bit about Ning and came up with thought that you guys (MS and all the crew) moved from one trouble maker (sparkart) to another... Let me explain my point.

It's obvious that you want to make linkinpark.com as more social-driven and user-friendly as possible. It's a good goal! But with all Ning's features you actually can't really do much in a good quality (usability and UX). Mike, why move from one service to another and still be so much dependent on it and be limited by its restrictions? It's far more better to be independent and to have whole control on every aspect of the site (the core files of the engine, ability to use whatever php and jawa scripts...) which Ning doesn't allow.

What I mean is it would been better to buy a hosting on a dedicated server and use free open source CMS (e.g. like Drupal) to build a new site on it. Even US government's websites built on Drupal CMS! Why not to follow a good example? Drupal allow to build almost everything that you want, including social network sites or like in this case - site with a lot of social elements (including user profiles with status updates, blogs, user groups, team blogs, forum discussions, comments, guest books, user galleries and so on). It's fully themeable and it even can be integrated with vBulletin (!), so in the old LPMB only the design would needed to be changed to fit the main site's style.

I'm not trying to promote this CMS at all, i'm just telling about a good example of the content management system on which basis a very good community-friendly website with social elements can be built. Because the quality of the official website of my favorite music band is not indifferent for me.

So all you have had to do is to find fans who knows Drupal, buy a hosting and everything have had been done within a few weeks. I know that now it's maybe too late for this but i thought i must say this... Anyway, good luck with further development, I hope you will achieve your goals and users will be happy.
I really like this new site, it's easy use and feels like I can make it more personal. Yet if I want to change the background it really doesn't change only a small part of it. And some of the layouts(are they called layouts??) make it so that the links go on top of the linkin park logo and such. I'd like it if it were a little more clearer when you got a comment on your profile or picture or anything really. So that when you logg on there would be some kind of list of them or something, so you wouldn't have to search through your email for them. I really love the fact that it's so much easier to add pictures and videos. The home page is a little too packed with stuff and I liked the way the old site looked. It was more unique. So far I like the new site. Good Work :)
i really like it. easier access to everything and more socially friendly. well done.
oh,one thing is little bugging me...if you could please somehow set the volume to 100% for videos and not 50%,because,every day I have to go and change it to 100%.
I hope you know what I'm trying to say.
On the subject of volume setting:
Perhaps this should be a personal setting in user preferences. If someone is at work, they might not want the music at 100%. They may set it to 25%. They also would get frustrated re-setting the volume each day.If this was a user preference, the only ones frustrated for a while will be the coders who have to change the volume code to use the value in user preferences. >*grin*br />

CHAPS_LP said:
oh,one thing is little bugging me...if you could please somehow set the volume to 100% for videos and not 50%,because,every day I have to go and change it to 100%.
I hope you know what I'm trying to say.
Someone's probably said it already, but - Separate sections for the discussions?
when I signed up for this I felt like I HAD to socialize. it's way too much for a fansite. I think it became like myspace or facebook. the privacy controls are weak. but the outlook and especially the iPhone view of the site is awesome. I was expecting something better about the band news etc. but still thanks for the effort. it's....cool...
As you (hopefully) can tell, the team is already starting to make changes to the site based on your comments! Good stuff...
I think it's good. However, suggestion: different section for the forum. That's the only thing I really don't like...it should have it's own place, like how it is currently (the not beta one, lol)
To answer the thing about different sections for the discussions (I'm assuming you all mean like how the ol LPMB has "forums" where we can have specific themed threads/discussions) ... From what I have seen and believe I've been told, that function isn't currently available with the Ning platform. But feel free to keep mentioning it, maybe we (staff/band) can con Ning into getting that for us? [Don't quote me on that though :) I'm clear in Indiana so I don't know for sure about the programming :p]

Edit: Great feedback guys :)

oh, I do have one suggestion to try to work on - maybe try to allow us to always be able to edit our own post instead of the current 15 minutes?
Dan said:
To answer the thing about different sections for the discussions (I'm assuming you all mean like how the ol LPMB has "forums" where we can have specific themed threads/discussions) ... From what I have seen and believe I've been told, that function isn't currently available with the Ning platform. But feel free to keep mentioning it, maybe we (staff/band) can con Ning into getting that for us? [Don't quote me on that though :) I'm clear in Indiana so I don't know for sure about the programming :p]
Edit: Great feedback guys :)
oh, I do have one suggestion to try to work on - maybe try to allow us to always be able to edit our own post instead of the current 15 minutes?

I actually like the 15 minutes idea better. It's enough time for a writer to catch mistakes, and still prevents Minsitry of Truth style history rewrites. .

PS: thanks Mike for listening.
New year, new site.. awesome!!! Layout and design is much better and so much easier to navigate around. Loading time is a bit long but im sure thats something that can be resolved. The theme of the site is awesome, the fan custom page could do with custom LP themes so that fans can really express themselves, rather than the typical themes you would get with other sites. I wish i didn't have to loose all my friends... but hey its fun to re-locate and re-add. Overall its freakin awesome!!! \m/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service