Now that you've had a chance to look around, tell us what you think. What do you think is awesome? What could use a little improvement?
If there are certain things you'd like to see that aren't here yet, just let us know. You can help make the site exactly what the fans want.

Views: 2109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Since my feedback works for you, I decided to write more stuff.

-Chat panel: if you start a personal chat with somebody a new tab will created, but if you go out of this conversation and not close the tab its not possible to see if your chat partner wrote anything. Is it possible to make these tabs blinking if the chat partner wrote anything?

-Design: What i really liked on the old website is that almost everything had its own personal page with a personal design, or better to say, everything had a the same theme but a bit changed design, colours were different structure and ect. I miss it here, it all looks kinda the same and gets boring pretty fast. Would be awesome if you could make anything in this direction.

-Feature: Probably a download section with HQ promo pictures ringtones or whatever is allowed to make public.

-Feature: As hardcore fan, I loooove old stuff, and I know that very many people like old stuff too. Probably its possible to create a archive page with older videos, pictures and all that sort of stuff.

-Request: On the old sparkart website, the news of the band are reaching till 2005 or even bit later, I'm not sure. Is it possible to import them in this new site? It would be really sad if 5 years of LP history would get lost.

-Request: Is it possible to add Dead by Sunrise and Fort Minor network which will have the role of official sites?And if yes, is it possible to create a connection between them?

-Request: As I said, the new forums aren't comfortable at least for me, it would more than awesome if there was a way to integrate the old forums. Or at least to take the same forum engine as it was before.

-Request: And pleaaaase add better video resolution/quality option on the video player.
on second thoughts, i thought i liked the new site, cause the design looked nice, but it's just an all new Facebook or Myspace, except that it's made by Linkin Park. i'm really dissapointed that the design team had to nearly copy those sites' design just to get people to join in and sign up.

not only this, but i bet it'll all disturb the old's site way of working, meaning that tons of people currently using the old lp message board will probably lose their accounts. the current users (and god knows that there a few left cause of the last change with the Clique ID switch) will probably all just go away and won't bother to sign back in, and the old users from 2001-2005 will truely be gone for good now.

sometimes i agree with the "adapt and change" method but with this case, i thought it was simply unnecessary. it didn't need to become another facebook, or myspace.

- dissapointed Dre.
second.
i liked the old side.
now everything gets lost (post account, join date, friends,...)

Andréanne Huard said:
on second thoughts, i thought i liked the new site, cause the design looked nice, but it's just an all new Facebook or Myspace, except that it's made by Linkin Park. i'm really dissapointed that the design team had to nearly copy those sites' design just to get people to join in and sign up.

not only this, but i bet it'll all disturb the old's site way of working, meaning that tons of people currently using the old lp message board will probably lose their accounts. the current users (and god knows that there a few left cause of the last change with the Clique ID switch) will probably all just go away and won't bother to sign back in, and the old users from 2001-2005 will truely be gone for good now.

sometimes i agree with the "adapt and change" method but with this case, i thought it was simply unnecessary. it didn't need to become another facebook, or myspace.

- dissapointed Dre.
I'm not a real computer geek or anything, so I can't really go into every little detail, but overall I like this version better than the old one.
The only thing that had me pull my hair out...was not being able to change the look of 'My Page'. I thought I had lost it completely and didn't know how to do stuff like that anymore, until my friend tried it and it didn't change hers, either.
it looks cool, but it's a bit confusing at the moment. i guess i have to get used to it. i like the design, especially b/c it looks like a social networking site. i just wish there was an easier way to get to the forums.
I like the new site, easy to navigate, more personal and you can look up all your favorite pages for lp all on the site
Need to add links for dead by sunrise & fort minor
I like the color scheme. It's easy on the eyes =)
Okay, can the site defaults be changed so that all email notifications are OFF before joining? they are ALL on by default and this creates a tidal wave of spam before someone has a chance to explore the whole site. This'll get exponentially worse if this is left in when the site leaves beta. And pressing unfollow group (for email) doesn't turn off all emails for that group. It's a little misleading.

Also, the vBulletin forums are far superior to this software here. Is this one forum the only forum? If so, will this be able to scale up when it leaves beta since everyone on the planet will be posting in one forum? The font is also way too big in the list of discussions and there aren't enough discussions per page.

Changing the background on your page doesn't actually change th background.
Thank you for all the great feedback so far. We really appreciate it. We won't be able to respond to all of it but we're tracking your requests, the things you want to see, and the things you're finding confusing very closely.
Haven't been really looking around, but one thing that's bothering me (like others) is the fact that we will lose A LOT of information. Also the forums aren't organized very well. I liked how the old ones were seperated into their various topics. A good thing I noticed is that once you log in your old friends who've signed in are authomatically added. However once again we lose all our old blog posts and comments. Another problem is that we lose our old post count and member sign in. All in all...

Problems
Bad forums
Lost history and information
Bad graphics on top
Authomatic Email from Groups
Blogs seem pointless, that's what your profile and/or forum is for

Postives
Authomatically added friends
Groups
Organized with blog posts (if you must have it)
All LP videos (finally!) and media
Design
Why? What was wrong with the old, functional message board system? Why does Linkin Park need their own branded facebook? Why any of this?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service