I'm quite a serious self harmer, and have found that listening to linkin park songs is one of the few things that will make me feel better.

anyone else have stories of how their music has helped you?

Views: 172

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They've helped me out, quite a bit over the years. I had undiagnosed clinical depression for the first 25 years of my life. I found that - along with other bands/singers - music in general helped me get through the worst of the depression 'patches' as a teenager. I'd blast LP 'till my ears felt like they were about to bleed!! I still blast the same songs, just out of pure love <3

To me music has been my salvation. Lp makes me feel very strong emotions and helps to suit the moments that are hard to comprehend. Usually it brings me back to the ground from moments of loneliness or sorrow. For instance, roads untravelled gave me a new perspective. It gave tears to my eyes, 'cos it has so much hope and strenght. Thanks to the guys! Keep making awesome music!

It provides strength for me when I have none left

I only started listening to LP 2 years ago, and I so regret not discovering them sooner. The past 8 years have been hell and I have completely lost myself and can't see any point with life on most days. I too have suffered with depression for a long time. But whatever emotions I have, there is always a LP song that speaks directly to my heart and soul. Their music has helped me hold on these past 2 years, and I feel connected most of all to 'Numb' and also 'Shadow of the Day'. They are the best thing that has happened to me in many years, and I thank them so much for helping me with their music.

How can anyone that has been to hell and back not be thankful for lyrics like these:-

Sitting in an empty room
Trying to forget the past
This was never meant to last,
I wish it wasn't so...

...All I wanna do
Is trade this life for something new
Holding on to what I haven't got

Hell yeah, if it weren't for Lp I'd probably be hopelessly Lost in the echo and would have Given up.

Sure that's why i love them. they changed me, they made my way

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service