So I listened to a Thousand Suns last night before I went to sleep and honestly by the end of it I was on the verge of tears. Don't get it twisted. It wasn't because of how "great" this cd was. It was how let down I was. It isn't the true Linkin Park sound. It sounds like they are trying to much to be other groups. There wasn't even 1 song that I went "Damn this is nice, here we go" nope it was bitter disappointment for a fan like me. I'll break it down track-by track
1 - "The Requiem" : Intro, boring pointless, too long for an intro
2 - "The Radiance" : pointless interlude - rock bands DO NOT have interludes on cd's
3 - "Burning in the Skies" : Really depressing song. Sounds like they want to sound like U2
4 - "Empty Spaces" : Another pointless interlude
5 - "When They Come For Me" : maybe one of the best sounding songs on the cd. Seems like Mike is trying to act "hard" though
6 - "Robot Boy" : Another depressing song. Can't pinpoint who it sounds like though.
7 - "Jornada del Muerto" : Another pointless interlude
8 - "Waiting for the End" : Sounds like Mike is trying to be reggae and Chester's vocals make me  wanna cut my wrists
9 - "Blackout" : sounds like The Prodigy mixed with some Euro-Pop type of music
10 - "Wretches and Kings" : Mike trying to act hard again
11 - "Wisdom Justice and Love" : Another pointless interlude
12 - "Iridescent" : Sounds like a wannabe Coldplay
13 - "Fallout" : Another pointless interlude
14 - "The Catalyst" : Sounds like a wannabe Nine Inch Nails
15 - "The Messenger" : Has to be the worst. Sounds like MTV Unplugged: Evanescence

Like I said I was really disspointed with this album. They are trying to be stuff they aren't and hardly any sounds of Rob or David. It's just sad. And this is coming from a real fan. If it brought me to tears than i think that's a sign of how hard I am of a fan.
In another post I saw someone say "Just because it's Linkin Park doesn't mean it's automatically awesome. They can have bad cd's and this is one" And I think that's how I feel. So go head flame me. Talk trash i don't care, but honestly by the 6th track I just wanted it to end.
This dude basically said the same stuff I said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VJGLVjVM6o&feature=sub

Tags: linkin, park, suns, thousand

Views: 350

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with alot of this, however I do like 2 of the songs..It was VERY hard to listen to the whole thing and I did it twice..But hey they are LP and if they put out a whole entire album farting out beats and songs it would be BRILLIANT to some people on some kind of level..,
I have to defend the fact that -
I did not expect another HT or Meteora
I do not listen to just rock music
I must be from another country and do not understand english to get the meaning of the words
I just can not grasp the full concept and appreciate this as Art..
I even liked M2M and that was different, but I expected at least some GOOD STUFF..this album is VERY bland with a bunch of interludes that really who gives a shit about ??
They can not please everyone tho this is very true, we can not understand how this is good to some people just as, those people can not understand how we think this is horrible...what makes the world go round.. but I feel ya..
I'm not here to start anything. But I will reply to what you said. Okay, they aren't just a rock band. Remember that. The reason you couldn't pinpoint Robot Boy is because it's LINKIN PARK. Nobody else. All these songs are. They wrote them, they sound different than anything in the mainstream. That's exactly what they wanted. And all that matters is if they like it. They are making what they want, and I'd say that's what really matters. They aren't afraid to go outside their comfort zone. Waiting for the end is a great song, and Mike isn't trying to be hard, he IS hard. Have u heard his fort minor album? Yeah... He is an amazing rapper. 
You all don't seem to get the message they are trying to send with this album. The interludes add to the awesomeness of the album because they help go into the next song and the "flow" of the album. This is their first album, because it's put together like one. The other "records." though still albums, they werent put together like ones because they were a collection of songs without any flow. You have to listen clearly and understand the message in the album instead of just saying "oh this is too different, I can't do this!" and try actually looking at it as if they never made the other albums. 

Funseekin4life said:
I agree with alot of this, however I do like 2 of the songs..It was VERY hard to listen to the whole thing and I did it twice..But hey they are LP and if they put out a whole entire album farting out beats and songs it would be BRILLIANT to some people on some kind of level.., I have to defend the fact that - I did not expect another HT or Meteora
I do not listen to just rock music
I must be from another country and do not understand english to get the meaning of the words
I just can not grasp the full concept and appreciate this as Art..
I even liked M2M and that was different, but I expected at least some GOOD STUFF..this album is VERY bland with a bunch of interludes that really who gives a shit about ??
They can not please everyone tho this is very true, we can not understand how this is good to some people just as, those people can not understand how we think this is horrible...what makes the world go round.. but I feel ya..
The Catalyst - wannabe Nine Inch Nails? Seriously? Well, that was a huge fail, to say the least.

All the interludes sound like a bunch of filler to me.

Might try listening to some songs for shits and giggles and to see if I hear the wannabe-ness in it too. Also the Spanish titled song sounds fishy to me, yet somewhat intriguing, because two songs spring to mind and if it's like that, I might end up laughing my ass off. Probably won't though.
All right Jordan explain this message that I am missing..I understand they wanted to do something different for THEM, but it is not much different than stuff already out there..sorry.. it is not anything at all special to me..lots of bands do not have interludes every other song and have put out good stuff..is that what makes this so great and I am not seeing that ?? Enlighten me...I do love LP and I do love Mike's rapping and I like a bunch of other bands, singers and the lyrics might be meaningful and lovely and all that ..like I said you do not understand how I feel this is bad just as, I do understand how you think this is great ..but I do not like to be called a hater and all that other shit JUST because I do not like everything a band puts out sorry..lol I never said oh this is different I cant do this ...actually,I can not do bad music IMO so you are sorta right...
I know one of the messages is that no matter what happens in life, like all the wars for example, we will always have love. The speeches have the same meaning today as they did when they were said, too. The MLK one that changes to a robotic voice, and repeats multiple times, shows that "Wisdom, Justice, & Love" will have the same effect and meaning from now to way into the future. Also, they aren't trying to sound like anybody. They are making a sound for themselves, and I've never heard anything like that before. I was so happy when listening to ATS the first time. It's just so awesome having a new style of LP to listen to, and to me, it's the sound LP shoulda had from day 1. It fits them so well. The good thing about LP is they have so many different styles from their music that you have music for nearly any mood. This new album has a happy feel to it, and shows that the band is more than the angry, pain lyrics they have always had.

Funseekin4life said:
All right Jordan explain this message that I am missing..I understand they wanted to do something different for THEM, but it is not much different than stuff already out there..sorry.. it is not anything at all special to me..lots of bands do not have interludes every other song and have put out good stuff..is that what makes this so great and I am not seeing that ?? Enlighten me...I do love LP and I do love Mike's rapping and I like a bunch of other bands, singers and the lyrics might be meaningful and lovely and all that ..like I said you do not understand how I feel this is bad just as, I do understand how you think this is great ..but I do not like to be called a hater and all that other shit JUST because I do not like everything a band puts out sorry..lol I never said oh this is different I cant do this ...actually,I can not do bad music IMO so you are sorta right...
I am sorry listening to 90% of this did not make me feel happy at all...I did not get the same feeling that u did.. and I can just about guarantee you if they sounded like this from the beginning they wouldn't have half the fans they do today...I understand this is a more serious and political album ..and I did say I liked two of the songs..although the lyrics might have meaning the music I can not get past ..I can not think of anywhere I would pop this cd in and want to listen and sing along to it.....I will however be going to see them when they come to GA ..They do put on a great show....
they will never completely change and forget about what made them famous. But they do like to experiment with their music. I too will be seeing them when they come to KY. They are amazing live.

Funseekin4life said:
I am sorry listening to 90% of this did not make me feel happy at all...I did not get the same feeling that u did.. and I can just about guarantee you if they sounded like this from the beginning they wouldn't have half the fans they do today...I understand this is a more serious and political album ..and I did say I liked two of the songs..although the lyrics might have meaning the music I can not get past ..I can not think of anywhere I would pop this cd in and want to listen and sing along to it.....I will however be going to see them when they come to GA ..They do put on a great show....
very well put

Funseekin4life said:
like I said you do not understand how I feel this is bad just as, I do understand how you think this is great ..
No Mike is trying to sound hard. Like he is some amazing rapper. He is good for his part in this group, and that Fort Minor album was pretty dope, but he ain't no grade A rapper. It seems like most LP fans don't even listen to rap which is why they think he is the "best" rapper. There are a lot of consciences rappers out there. They just don't hit the mainstream. But what Mike is doing on this album and what he has done on past albums is totally different

K1NG J0RDAN said:
Mike isn't trying to be hard, he IS hard. Have u heard his fort minor album? Yeah... He is an amazing rapper. 
That's just what I heard so..yea haha

John Marston said:
The Catalyst - wannabe Nine Inch Nails? Seriously? Well, that was a huge fail, to say the least.
see if I hear the wannabe-ness in it too.
Well my 2 favorite types of music are rap and rock. So I do listen to alot of rap. Lately it's been drake, kanye, and kid cudi, so I know my rap. But no matter what I listen to, Mike will always be my favorite rapper. I love his style. He is a grade A rapper in my book, because he isn't the trashy kind of rapper that thinks it's dope to make up a rhyme about how much pussy he gets. His lyrics actually mean something. 

joseph said:
No Mike is trying to sound hard. Like he is some amazing rapper. He is good for his part in this group, and that Fort Minor album was pretty dope, but he ain't no grade A rapper. It seems like most LP fans don't even listen to rap which is why they think he is the "best" rapper. There are a lot of consciences rappers out there. They just don't hit the mainstream. But what Mike is doing on this album and what he has done on past albums is totally different K1NG J0RDAN said:
Mike isn't trying to be hard, he IS hard. Have u heard his fort minor album? Yeah... He is an amazing rapper. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service