So I listened to a Thousand Suns last night before I went to sleep and honestly by the end of it I was on the verge of tears. Don't get it twisted. It wasn't because of how "great" this cd was. It was how let down I was. It isn't the true Linkin Park sound. It sounds like they are trying to much to be other groups. There wasn't even 1 song that I went "Damn this is nice, here we go" nope it was bitter disappointment for a fan like me. I'll break it down track-by track
1 - "The Requiem" : Intro, boring pointless, too long for an intro
2 - "The Radiance" : pointless interlude - rock bands DO NOT have interludes on cd's
3 - "Burning in the Skies" : Really depressing song. Sounds like they want to sound like U2
4 - "Empty Spaces" : Another pointless interlude
5 - "When They Come For Me" : maybe one of the best sounding songs on the cd. Seems like Mike is trying to act "hard" though
6 - "Robot Boy" : Another depressing song. Can't pinpoint who it sounds like though.
7 - "Jornada del Muerto" : Another pointless interlude
8 - "Waiting for the End" : Sounds like Mike is trying to be reggae and Chester's vocals make me  wanna cut my wrists
9 - "Blackout" : sounds like The Prodigy mixed with some Euro-Pop type of music
10 - "Wretches and Kings" : Mike trying to act hard again
11 - "Wisdom Justice and Love" : Another pointless interlude
12 - "Iridescent" : Sounds like a wannabe Coldplay
13 - "Fallout" : Another pointless interlude
14 - "The Catalyst" : Sounds like a wannabe Nine Inch Nails
15 - "The Messenger" : Has to be the worst. Sounds like MTV Unplugged: Evanescence

Like I said I was really disspointed with this album. They are trying to be stuff they aren't and hardly any sounds of Rob or David. It's just sad. And this is coming from a real fan. If it brought me to tears than i think that's a sign of how hard I am of a fan.
In another post I saw someone say "Just because it's Linkin Park doesn't mean it's automatically awesome. They can have bad cd's and this is one" And I think that's how I feel. So go head flame me. Talk trash i don't care, but honestly by the 6th track I just wanted it to end.
This dude basically said the same stuff I said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VJGLVjVM6o&feature=sub

Tags: linkin, park, suns, thousand

Views: 350

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well they succeed in inventing their own grave if they keep coming out with bad music like this. If they are going to experiment like this, they shouldn't release it under the Linkin Park name. Fans expect an album with the LP name to sound like rap/rock not electronic.

Imrano Kassim said:
Maybe you haven't seen their interviews yet. They are NOT, I repeat, NOT a rock band. They said that they wanted to make an unpredictable album and wanted to invent their own genre, and I believe they have done it VERY successfully. If you don't believe me, I bet sonner or later there will be bands who were inspired by this album to step out of their comfort zone to make something totally different. Just you see. Pretty soon, almost half of the rock universe will revolve around this album. P.S. Mike is not trying to act hard! He's been hard for as long as I remember!
I agree 100% People say they can't understand people like me for liking it, well I'm not gonna lie, I can understand people who don't like it. It's simply a matter of them not full grasping it. I know how cliche that sounds... but people are so USED to the "old" Linkin Park that they crap themselves when something changes. People are afraid of change and automatically reject it. I love Linkin Park, they are my favorite band, and no, I would not love anything because they released it. Honestly, I didn't like M2M. It was unoriginal, and too plain. It just sounded like something any band could do, and that's not Linkin Park. This album is unique in that Linkin Park added their own thing to it. They are constantly changing, and I wouldn't be surprised if they changed again for their next album, it's just what they do.

People just need to try to listen to the whole album at once, with an open mind without having it preset in their mind that it sucks. When it's played straight through, you'll never guess when the song changes tracks... because it's put together like one long song/piece of art. Individual the songs are really good..... as one, it's amazing.

K1NG J0RDAN said:
You all don't seem to get the message they are trying to send with this album. The interludes add to the awesomeness of the album because they help go into the next song and the "flow" of the album. This is their first album, because it's put together like one. The other "records." though still albums, they werent put together like ones because they were a collection of songs without any flow. You have to listen clearly and understand the message in the album instead of just saying "oh this is too different, I can't do this!" and try actually looking at it as if they never made the other albums. 

Funseekin4life said:
I agree with alot of this, however I do like 2 of the songs..It was VERY hard to listen to the whole thing and I did it twice..But hey they are LP and if they put out a whole entire album farting out beats and songs it would be BRILLIANT to some people on some kind of level.., I have to defend the fact that - I did not expect another HT or Meteora
I do not listen to just rock music
I must be from another country and do not understand english to get the meaning of the words
I just can not grasp the full concept and appreciate this as Art..
I even liked M2M and that was different, but I expected at least some GOOD STUFF..this album is VERY bland with a bunch of interludes that really who gives a shit about ??
They can not please everyone tho this is very true, we can not understand how this is good to some people just as, those people can not understand how we think this is horrible...what makes the world go round.. but I feel ya..
Wow quite a few replies since I left
@Joe Cade you're saying everything that everyone else that likes the album has said. You're just on the bandwagon dude. And I don't see how you can like this over MTM. At least MTM had somewhat of a core LP sound
@ Joe - I am a fan, of this new stuff NOPE, I am in my 30's and graduated from college. What I am sick of is people coming up with excuses as to why someone can NOT POSSIBLY like this. I actually liked M2M somewhat, this to ME is unoriginal, the lyrics are mature and are full of message and so the fuck what...LP is not the first band to do this. I do not like the music.. to me it is bland, is not special at all. The lyrics and music do go hand in hand ya know. GOD forbid that I loved the fact that each of the members of LP bring something to every song to make the outcome sound unique whether it be something hard or soft. I have listened to the entire album probably 10 times now and I still get the same results. I can not make myself like this. Oh and I am sure you have never listened to something and straight up thought it sucked and MAYBE even said it!!! Well, just because you think this is great.... do not assume I "do not get it", am 15, or ignorant because I am not a fan of this album. Kudos to you though for getting what they were trying to do and liking this.
How bout we can all look at / listen to the same piece of Art and have different reactions/opinions as to what we are seeing / hearing / feeling.
Damn haha very well put. Like you said I enjoy the band when everyone brings something to the table on every song and made it amazing. And the people that back up this album make some lame shit up for a reason about those who don't. I'm 17 and I listen to a lot of conscious (sorry if spelled wrong) music especially rap. Like you said this really isn't all that original.

Funseekin4life said:
@ Joe - I am a fan, of this new stuff NOPE, I am in my 30's and graduated from college. What I am sick of is people coming up with excuses as to why someone can NOT POSSIBLY like this. I actually liked M2M somewhat, this to ME is unoriginal, the lyrics are mature and are full of message and so the fuck what...LP is not the first band to do this. I do not like the music.. to me it is bland, is not special at all. The lyrics and music do go hand in hand ya know. GOD forbid that I loved the fact that each of the members of LP bring something to every song to make the outcome sound unique whether it be something hard or soft. I have listened to the entire album probably 10 times now and I still get the same results. I can not make myself like this. Oh and I am sure you have never listened to something and straight up thought it sucked and MAYBE even said it!!! Well, just because you think this is great.... do not assume I "do not get it", am 15, or ignorant because I am not a fan of this album. Kudos to you though for getting what they were trying to do and liking this.
How bout we can all look at / listen to the same piece of Art and have different reactions/opinions as to what we are seeing / hearing / feeling.
I agree 100%.
I was so angry and disappointed I HAD to see if I was losing my mind or something. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who feels cheated out of their money.
haaha if you have a facebook I made a group
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Linkin-Park-A-Thousand-Suns-is-horrible-sad-excuse-for-a-Linkin-Park-album/133607960018376
just copy and paste it

Francisco Llanas Jr said:
I agree 100%.
I was so angry and disappointed I HAD to see if I was losing my mind or something. Glad to see I wasn't the only one who feels cheated out of their money.
'Robot Boy' sounds like some friggin' OWL CITY song. seriously, listen to any Owl City song, it's like BLEGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
that's about as pop as you can get!
i don't know how mike can say they aren't sounding like pop songs.
he even used the LENGTH as an excuse!?
Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance' is over 5 minutes long, and she is at the centre of the pop culture today.

i also think they are dead ringers for U2 now with all this "peace love earth lets all be friends and save the world yay!" stuff.
whatever. i'm sure they've lost many fans over this album.
congrats, guys, way to cheat the people you wouldn't even be here without.
wow. I remember when you was telling me to keep faith and that this album was going to be amazing. Haha. Not that I'm happy that you were wrong because I would've loved it to be amazing, but I did call it didn't I?

lucy harris said:
'Robot Boy' sounds like some friggin' OWL CITY song. seriously, listen to any Owl City song, it's like BLEGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
that's about as pop as you can get!
i don't know how mike can say they aren't sounding like pop songs.
he even used the LENGTH as an excuse!?
Lady Gaga's 'Bad Romance' is over 5 minutes long, and she is at the centre of the pop culture today.

i also think they are dead ringers for U2 now with all this peace love earth lets all be friends and save the world yay stuff.
whatever. i'm sure they've lost many fans over this album.
congrats, guys, way to cheat the people you wouldn't even be here without.
I never said people were wrong for not liking it. It is different, and if you don't like this style of music, then duh you're not gonna like it. I loved their older style, and I like this style too. I really don't see how you can call this new album bland and unoriginal without calling M2M the same thing. It was way less original than this. M2M sounds like any other plain rock band out there. Just because I like the album doesn't mean I'm jumping on a bandwagon or that I'm saying that people are stupid for not liking it. I was saying that people were stupid for not giving it a chance. If you give it a chance and don't like it, well that's your opinion. I was saying people that don't give it a chance "don't get it" or are too immature to give it one. I see you basically hating on people who like it, but the same can apply to you. I haven't seen one person that doesn't like it say "well that's your opinion". I say I like it, so you automatically assume that I'm an idiot for liking it, or that I'm wrong for saying everyone should. I never said everyone should. And you're just being a hypocrite, because by saying that I can't say everyone should.... you're telling me that no one in their right mind CAN like it. See what you're doing?

I wouldn't call this the best over all album they've ever made. But I wouldn't say it sucks either. It's a good album, and that's my opinion. If you don't like it, well stop you freaking complaining and don't listen to it. Wonder why I think people who don't like it must be under 15? Because they freakin act like it with all the whining and complaining they do because they didn't get what they wanted. If you don't like it, simply say it, and stop whining like a child. Grow up

Funseekin4life said:
yes you did.
i kept trying to tell myself to hold out for something amazing, because i so badly wanted it to be.
but it wasn't, and you can't deny the truth.
i just didn't want to be dissapointed, these guys were like, my heroes.
and i get that what i just said sounds 'cliche-girl-hyper-obsessed-scary-crazy-fan-who-doesnt-even-appreciate-the-music, she just listens to them cause they are "hot"', but i don't mean it in that way. i'm way too serious to go running screaming after the likes of the jonas brothers.
and don't get me wrong, the jonas brothers aren't hot. at all.

i hate the fact that i was wrong, not for the pride aspect, because i really don't care about that sort of thing, but it would have been great if i was right, and it turned out that 'The Catalyst' was completely unrelated, and they had bashed out another album that was better even than Hybrid Theory.
in an ideal world, yes.
but sadly that didn't happen.

like someone else said, i just wish they turn around and say it's a 'joke' album, and that the real one wouldn't dare be half as crap as this.

wouldn't that be great?

here's hoping.
Joe Cade;
you are making it seem like every single person who does not like the album is wrong for having an opinion. the way your post came across to me is that you think everybody on here is 'whiny'.
and what made you say that they 'must be under 15'?
i am under 15, and have a better attitude than some of the people i've seen on here.
please don't take this as some kind of attack, but there's nothing i hate more than people stereotyping or generalising certain people to do with their age. just don't do it!
seriously, it makes me feel stupid for being within the age that they described, and now i feel stupid for having an opinion about the album, because i feel that no one will take me seriously.
like i don't know what i'm talking about, just because i am young. i really do.
sorry about that, but i really can't stand it when people say things to do with age.
i'm asking you to take it back, if you are not too proud. you may think this is an overreaction but i get seriously offended when people do it.
sorry, joe, that's just me.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service