So I listened to a Thousand Suns last night before I went to sleep and honestly by the end of it I was on the verge of tears. Don't get it twisted. It wasn't because of how "great" this cd was. It was how let down I was. It isn't the true Linkin Park sound. It sounds like they are trying to much to be other groups. There wasn't even 1 song that I went "Damn this is nice, here we go" nope it was bitter disappointment for a fan like me. I'll break it down track-by track
1 - "The Requiem" : Intro, boring pointless, too long for an intro
2 - "The Radiance" : pointless interlude - rock bands DO NOT have interludes on cd's
3 - "Burning in the Skies" : Really depressing song. Sounds like they want to sound like U2
4 - "Empty Spaces" : Another pointless interlude
5 - "When They Come For Me" : maybe one of the best sounding songs on the cd. Seems like Mike is trying to act "hard" though
6 - "Robot Boy" : Another depressing song. Can't pinpoint who it sounds like though.
7 - "Jornada del Muerto" : Another pointless interlude
8 - "Waiting for the End" : Sounds like Mike is trying to be reggae and Chester's vocals make me  wanna cut my wrists
9 - "Blackout" : sounds like The Prodigy mixed with some Euro-Pop type of music
10 - "Wretches and Kings" : Mike trying to act hard again
11 - "Wisdom Justice and Love" : Another pointless interlude
12 - "Iridescent" : Sounds like a wannabe Coldplay
13 - "Fallout" : Another pointless interlude
14 - "The Catalyst" : Sounds like a wannabe Nine Inch Nails
15 - "The Messenger" : Has to be the worst. Sounds like MTV Unplugged: Evanescence

Like I said I was really disspointed with this album. They are trying to be stuff they aren't and hardly any sounds of Rob or David. It's just sad. And this is coming from a real fan. If it brought me to tears than i think that's a sign of how hard I am of a fan.
In another post I saw someone say "Just because it's Linkin Park doesn't mean it's automatically awesome. They can have bad cd's and this is one" And I think that's how I feel. So go head flame me. Talk trash i don't care, but honestly by the 6th track I just wanted it to end.
This dude basically said the same stuff I said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VJGLVjVM6o&feature=sub

Tags: linkin, park, suns, thousand

Views: 350

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alright, let me explain. I was not saying they were wrong for not liking it, I was saying they were wrong for not giving it a chance. And I was using the age thing as a sign of maturity, that's it. I know plenty of young teens who are more mature than their age, so in that case the age statement was probably the wrong way to word it. I'm just now 21, so I know where you're coming from, with the age thing.

But yeah, to make myself more clear, I wasn't trying to say people were wrong for having an opinion. I don't mind if someone doesn't like it. But when people whine and complain about it because it's not what they want, they're just being immature and acting childish. I don't care if someone likes it or not, give constructive criticism instead of telling the band they suck. I personally love all the songs. Yes, it's definitely different, and no, other people aren't wrong for hating it. I just like different types of music. That's just me.

So yeah, I apologize for the age reference. It was meant as a statement of maturity. I know people who are your age and even younger who are more mature than their age, so I should've stated it differently.

lucy harris said:
Joe Cade;
you are making it seem like every single person who does not like the album is wrong for having an opinion. the way your post came across to me is that you think everybody on here is 'whiny'.
and what made you say that they 'must be under 15'?
i am under 15, and have a better attitude than some of the people i've seen on here.
please don't take this as some kind of attack, but there's nothing i hate more than people stereotyping or generalising certain people to do with their age. just don't do it!
seriously, it makes me feel stupid for being within the age that they described, and now i feel stupid for having an opinion about the album, because i feel that no one will take me seriously.
like i don't know what i'm talking about, just because i am young. i really do.
sorry about that, but i really can't stand it when people say things to do with age.
i'm asking you to take it back, if you are not too proud. you may think this is an overreaction but i get seriously offended when people do it.
sorry, joe, that's just me.
That would be amazing if they said that, but sadly enough they won't

lucy harris said:
like someone else said, i just wish they turn around and say it's a 'joke' album, and that the real one wouldn't dare be half as crap as this.

wouldn't that be great?

here's hoping.
thank you Joe!
you know those things that people are just really strange about, whether it's rational or not. well yeah, that's mine.

and i understand. i do like some of the songs, and some i actually quite love to be honest.
but.. i almost feel bad for liking them, and i don't know why.
i feel like it's almost dishonest of me to like them, because i don't like the direction they have headed in, and i really held out hope.
sorry to keep going on. i never know when to stop!
K1NG J0RDAN- just to let you know, i COMPLETELY agree with you 500%. all your comments made me feel betr cuz i thought i was the only 1 who thought these things.

K1NG J0RDAN said:
Well my 2 favorite types of music are rap and rock. So I do listen to alot of rap. Lately it's been drake, kanye, and kid cudi, so I know my rap. But no matter what I listen to, Mike will always be my favorite rapper. I love his style. He is a grade A rapper in my book, because he isn't the trashy kind of rapper that thinks it's dope to make up a rhyme about how much pussy he gets. His lyrics actually mean something. 

joseph said:
No Mike is trying to sound hard. Like he is some amazing rapper. He is good for his part in this group, and that Fort Minor album was pretty dope, but he ain't no grade A rapper. It seems like most LP fans don't even listen to rap which is why they think he is the "best" rapper. There are a lot of consciences rappers out there. They just don't hit the mainstream. But what Mike is doing on this album and what he has done on past albums is totally different K1NG J0RDAN said:
Mike isn't trying to be hard, he IS hard. Have u heard his fort minor album? Yeah... He is an amazing rapper. 
Yeah, I know what you mean. I listened to HT and Meteora some today, because it's honestly been a little while. I've been listen to a lot of Apocalyptica and Disturbed with the new albums out, lol. But yeah... I listened to those albums, and to ATS, and although I do like ATS... it's different. And I do miss that sound, a lot, but I also like this music, but not in the same way. I like different types, and it's nice to hear some nice, cooled down music rather than heavy rock every once in a while. Idunno... it's a strange feeling.

lucy harris said:
thank you Joe!
you know those things that people are just really strange about, whether it's rational or not. well yeah, that's mine.

and i understand. i do like some of the songs, and some i actually quite love to be honest.
but.. i almost feel bad for liking them, and i don't know why.
i feel like it's almost dishonest of me to like them, because i don't like the direction they have headed in, and i really held out hope.
sorry to keep going on. i never know when to stop!
The new album is not complete. :( To many intros... Not enough of Chesters loud screaming vocals and Mikes rapping. If they added maybe 5 more songs to this album it would of been great.
look at you all high and mighty...i couldnt help but reply to this because i was so shocked, their is a reason people are defending this album and by the way just because we are fans doesnt mean you can call us pethetic. as i said before i have always loved linkin park i personally dont think any of their songs were bad at all not one single one. let me tell you about me i listen to EVERY SINGLE GENRE. yeah im the rare breed who listens to rock hip hop classical, piano, jazz, owl city, ke$ha, linkin park slipknot, and a ton more. my heart practically is made of musical notes. so let me start now ahem...Music: an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color....so for the people saying this isnt music listen to the album and you will discover it compies with the definition. if oyou dolnt believe me listen to the messenger. ok next peice you said exactly this "A band shouldn't be able to put out whatever darn well pleases them and expect everyone to love it. In fact if they do expect that and are angry at the fans who don't enjoy it then that's a serious handicap on their part" ummm why the hellshouldnt they first of all, it is not the fan that is making the music is it...no i didnt think so. second what part of :their music did you not get" it wasnt the fans that wanted this album it was linkin park ok a fan is siimply defined as a enthusiast of something. they relly shouldnt be the basis on how a person creates music. i band should be able to do whatever the hell they want becaue well its their band not yours get over it. lets see what other things did you say" think the band approached this album thinking this has never been done before, when, sadly, it already has" ok i have listened to a ton of music and a ton of albums too many to count really and honestly i have never heard of anything like this if this had been done before i would love to hear an album like this one this album alone has over two different genres in it listen to the differences in each song blackout sounds completely different then the messanger sonce it came out i still cant put a genre label on it itunes call it alternative i dont think it is. this really is too good to be a genre. ok lets continue oh wait a minute hang on whoever the hell called this album owl city dude are u seriolul that style is cooooompletely different from this please get of band pages before you make yourself fall twenty more levels on the music knowledge chart. ok where was i oh yeah let me break down the last paragraph "Also to the people who claim that these are the greatest artists of our time and that no one on here will ever amount to anything half as great as them you can go suck it. Because some of us have ambition. Unlike you, a weakass follower. So grow up and learn that in life not everyone is going to hop on a bandwagon that has broken wheels, broken axles, and looks freaking hideous. Okay? Got it? Great. " this was good. ok here we go sentence one. ummmm linkin park is one of the greatest artist of the times dont believe me look at their diamond records not many people get the RIAA certification. and your right in life not everyone is going to hop on a badwagon what do you think linkin park did the hopped offf hahaha they probably knew the fans wanted the old linkin ppark but im glad they went with their own ideas becaue im sick of bands that have the dame sound they did after like ten years linkin park is the very few bands that get it... you cant have the same sounds over and over again. look at ACDC great band but once youve heard one youve heard them all. linkin park once youve heard one you gotta hear the rest. get it got it good hears my official review: The interludes prove a distinct purpose and that is to create a post war like atmosphere to the album the intros are outstandingly great and unique. the flow of musics is strong on this album as well and it brings a new sound to the stage. if makes pretty good use of of of the instruments. i beleive this album focuses more on feeling then it does sound. and does this perfectly. i rate this album what it deserves to me this album is my favourite album of the year right above a7x nightmare album. and to me deserves 10/10 and for the record their are proffesional reviewers who share this believe here is litterally the greatest review i have ever read http://www.reviewrinserepeat.com/artist/linkin-park/album/a-thousan... i rest my case

joseph said:
Goddamn that was great. And not just because you agree with my opinion, but because you backed yourself, and all of us, up totally. That last paragraph really fits me because I do have ambitions. I wanna be a rapper. Not because I think it's cool, but because I have so much passion for it. I write lyrics any chance I get. But really everything you said was 100% on point
Wello said:
For the record everyone trying to defend this album by saying that they're evolving and that fans should respect their favorite artist's work no matter what...you sound pathetic. Honestly. Also, you shouldn't have to listen to an album over and over and over again for you to start to like it. Good music instantly makes you happy. You instantly love the song. Mediocre music that you desperately want to like but can't really, takes warming up to.

Evolving is called gradually adding and developing your sound. Not starting over from scratch and hoping whatever comes out sounds okay. I feel like at some point Mike said that you can't just be like "i'm a punk rock man and imma do whatever i want and it's gonna be new and innovative" if you haven't already listened to what's out there. I think the band approached this album thinking this has never been done before, when, sadly, it already has. There are plenty of bands (mainstream as well) who have political messages in their songs. There are plenty of bands that have electronic keyboards and drum machines. I mean this is not evolution. This is tossing rocks into a river and hoping that they land at the harbor down south 500 miles away. A band shouldn't be able to put out whatever darn well pleases them and expect everyone to love it. In fact if they do expect that and are angry at the fans who don't enjoy it then that's a serious handicap on their part.
Also to the people who claim that these are the greatest artists of our time and that no one on here will ever amount to anything half as great as them you can go suck it. Because some of us have ambition. Unlike you, a weakass follower. So grow up and learn that in life not everyone is going to hop on a bandwagon that has broken wheels, broken axles, and looks freaking hideous. Okay? Got it? Great.
You have a time machine? How else would you know that Linkin Park wouldn't be as successful if they released ATS first? In fact, I totally disagree. ATS has what most albums nowadays don't ; it's actually a real ALBUM and it has a good professional purpose. People don't know what good music is anymore. Just because it's polished and the production is good, doesn't mean the SONG is good. For example, if Hybrid Theory didn't have the production power or radio presence, it wouldn't have been such a smash. Ditto with Meteora. What else would the band have accomplished if they released another Hybrid Theory? That they are in fact a one hit wonder band. The sound would have gotten worn, and the band would be killing itself for your satisfaction? Linkin Park is blessed with an amazing gift, to forget the past and move on. I'm not telling people to like the album. I'm just saying the album doesn't suck if YOU don't like it. And Linkin Park doesn't suck either.

Funseekin4life said:
I am sorry listening to 90% of this did not make me feel happy at all...I did not get the same feeling that u did.. and I can just about guarantee you if they sounded like this from the beginning they wouldn't have half the fans they do today...I understand this is a more serious and political album ..and I did say I liked two of the songs..although the lyrics might have meaning the music I can not get past ..I can not think of anywhere I would pop this cd in and want to listen and sing along to it.....I will however be going to see them when they come to GA ..They do put on a great show....
you're entitled to your opinion mate,but what exactly is the "true" LP sound?
If the boys themselves don't know,how can you?
Some bands get pigeon-holed and die because of it.
LP are just trying to keep it fresh.
Sure,mistakes will be made but NO RISK,NO REWARD.
Whilst other bands fall by the wayside,LP keep growing.
After a decade or so of seminal music making,who would bet against another ten years of the same?
Fingers cossed xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
LPTIFD
You have the most perverted ears ever to say that, your so full of crap i bet u have brown eyes and brown hair
who are you talkin' about? Me?

Joshua Hester said:
You have the most perverted ears ever to say that, your so full of crap i bet u have brown eyes and brown hair
You sound like a wannabe Rotten Tomatoes critic. How is Mike trying to act hard?? That's called passion and emotion for music. ''Wisdom, Justice and Love'' pointless?? Maybe it should be a foreword or something, but it isn't ''pointless'' simply because you're not willing to understand it. All you are doing is looking for similarities between this and other mainstream artists. The music may be bad for you, but it doesn't mean you have to just over-exaggerate your opinions by saying everything is shit. Lastly, because other bands do not use interludes does not mean LP shouldn't.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service