So I listened to a Thousand Suns last night before I went to sleep and honestly by the end of it I was on the verge of tears. Don't get it twisted. It wasn't because of how "great" this cd was. It was how let down I was. It isn't the true Linkin Park sound. It sounds like they are trying to much to be other groups. There wasn't even 1 song that I went "Damn this is nice, here we go" nope it was bitter disappointment for a fan like me. I'll break it down track-by track
1 - "The Requiem" : Intro, boring pointless, too long for an intro
2 - "The Radiance" : pointless interlude - rock bands DO NOT have interludes on cd's
3 - "Burning in the Skies" : Really depressing song. Sounds like they want to sound like U2
4 - "Empty Spaces" : Another pointless interlude
5 - "When They Come For Me" : maybe one of the best sounding songs on the cd. Seems like Mike is trying to act "hard" though
6 - "Robot Boy" : Another depressing song. Can't pinpoint who it sounds like though.
7 - "Jornada del Muerto" : Another pointless interlude
8 - "Waiting for the End" : Sounds like Mike is trying to be reggae and Chester's vocals make me  wanna cut my wrists
9 - "Blackout" : sounds like The Prodigy mixed with some Euro-Pop type of music
10 - "Wretches and Kings" : Mike trying to act hard again
11 - "Wisdom Justice and Love" : Another pointless interlude
12 - "Iridescent" : Sounds like a wannabe Coldplay
13 - "Fallout" : Another pointless interlude
14 - "The Catalyst" : Sounds like a wannabe Nine Inch Nails
15 - "The Messenger" : Has to be the worst. Sounds like MTV Unplugged: Evanescence

Like I said I was really disspointed with this album. They are trying to be stuff they aren't and hardly any sounds of Rob or David. It's just sad. And this is coming from a real fan. If it brought me to tears than i think that's a sign of how hard I am of a fan.
In another post I saw someone say "Just because it's Linkin Park doesn't mean it's automatically awesome. They can have bad cd's and this is one" And I think that's how I feel. So go head flame me. Talk trash i don't care, but honestly by the 6th track I just wanted it to end.
This dude basically said the same stuff I said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VJGLVjVM6o&feature=sub

Tags: linkin, park, suns, thousand

Views: 349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You don't know rap if you listen to Drake, Kanye, and Cudi haha lmfao. Go listen to Atmosphere, KRS-One, Sandpeople, Gang Starr, The Roots, Pac, Big, Rakim, Living Legends. That's real rap. I ain't saying Mike ain't real, he is...but there's a certain extent to his realness. And Drake = fake Kanye lost his touch and Cuddi has such a low vocab it ain't even funny

K1NG J0RDAN said:
Well my 2 favorite types of music are rap and rock. So I do listen to alot of rap. Lately it's been drake, kanye, and kid cudi, so I know my rap. But no matter what I listen to, Mike will always be my favorite rapper. I love his style. He is a grade A rapper in my book, because he isn't the trashy kind of rapper that thinks it's dope to make up a rhyme about how much pussy he gets. His lyrics actually mean something. 

joseph said:
No Mike is trying to sound hard. Like he is some amazing rapper. He is good for his part in this group, and that Fort Minor album was pretty dope, but he ain't no grade A rapper. It seems like most LP fans don't even listen to rap which is why they think he is the "best" rapper. There are a lot of consciences rappers out there. They just don't hit the mainstream. But what Mike is doing on this album and what he has done on past albums is totally different K1NG J0RDAN said:
Mike isn't trying to be hard, he IS hard. Have u heard his fort minor album? Yeah... He is an amazing rapper. 
To each their own. I like what I like, u like what u like. Simple. 

joseph said:
You don't know rap if you listen to Drake, Kanye, and Cudi haha lmfao. Go listen to Atmosphere, KRS-One, Sandpeople, Gang Starr, The Roots, Pac, Big, Rakim, Living Legends. That's real rap. I ain't saying Mike ain't real, he is...but there's a certain extent to his realness. And Drake = fake Kanye lost his touch and Cuddi has such a low vocab it ain't even funny K1NG J0RDAN said:
Well my 2 favorite types of music are rap and rock. So I do listen to alot of rap. Lately it's been drake, kanye, and kid cudi, so I know my rap. But no matter what I listen to, Mike will always be my favorite rapper. I love his style. He is a grade A rapper in my book, because he isn't the trashy kind of rapper that thinks it's dope to make up a rhyme about how much pussy he gets. His lyrics actually mean something. 

joseph said:
No Mike is trying to sound hard. Like he is some amazing rapper. He is good for his part in this group, and that Fort Minor album was pretty dope, but he ain't no grade A rapper. It seems like most LP fans don't even listen to rap which is why they think he is the "best" rapper. There are a lot of consciences rappers out there. They just don't hit the mainstream. But what Mike is doing on this album and what he has done on past albums is totally different K1NG J0RDAN said:
Mike isn't trying to be hard, he IS hard. Have u heard his fort minor album? Yeah... He is an amazing rapper. 
Exactly. But me as a rapper. I have a different perspective on what rap is. But like you said to each his own

K1NG J0RDAN said:
To each their own. I like what I like, u like what u like. Simple
I also feel that people can have their opinion, and for me, its that Mike is a badass rapper. He will always be my favorite. I will also be looking up those rappers you posted on here.

joseph said:
Exactly. But me as a rapper. I have a different perspective on what rap is. But like you said to each his own
K1NG J0RDAN said:
To each their own. I like what I like, u like what u like. Simple
Sandpeople are pretty awesome.
haha yea. They just need to get noticed more. The dude who does the main production for their material, Sapient, he actually got a deal couple months ago.

K1NG J0RDAN said:
Sandpeople are pretty awesome.
is it just me that thinks 'Burning in the Skies' really sounds like 'The Little Things Give You Away'?

i heard such strong similarities in the guitar, rhythm etc.
especially the intro, they're practically the same!

this album is definately a grower, guys.

you may not like the 'new style' at first, just as i didn't, but trust me once you listen to the songs for a while you will seriously start to like them.
well, that's what happened with me.
i thought the way they performed 'The Catalyst' at the VMA's was insane. they actually totally smashed it, which i wasn't expecting AT ALL.

i now love that song, and the rest are definately growing on me.

but as for all those interludes, i'm just utterly confused.
they are pointless and sure they make the album 'flow' etc. but i would just like a nine-song album please- they didn't need to pad it out!

oh, and yes i actually cried after the first time i heard 'Burning in the Skies'.
my very first thought was 'what have they done!?' and a bit of a 'please god no' followed shortly.
so you're not alone in that.
i was seriously emotional, and i actually kinda shocked myself in that.

don't lose all hope yet, i know you will like it!

p.s. i just LOL'd at what you said about Cudi. it's so true.
and i really like Rakim.
keep listening, joseph!
Hey guys,
Everyone keeps talking about the inner meaning, or what the band is trying to get across in this album. It doesn't matter... I just want to hear good songs. If I'm going to find inner peace, or meaning, or look for guidance.. I surely won't turn to an album to find it. I've always found, there's two kinds of listeners out there.. someone who goes "Hey..this song is snappy", and some who go "Wow, I want this song played at my funeral". haha. And that fair, music plays a bigger role in some lives than others. Thats just the way it is.
John Lennon finally got off heroin, and wrote "Imagine". We all know the lyrics, and it was a good song. And guess what? There's still war, greed, crime etc. Greed is not going anywhere, neither is war, poverty, or crime. I'm not for those things, but we can't convince ourselves that a seize fire will happen worldwide because they heard this album! haha. So leave the politics out of the music. Their first two albums were so successful, because of the sound, lyrics were relateable etc.
From the comments on here, to the torrents online and beyond.. it seems 90% of the people don't like the album. I hope LP can't think 90% of their fans are wrong. And to the few who like it, thats okay too. But to those 10%... I'm just curious, honestly, if you got to hear the album before they solidified it to being the album. They brough 20 songs to the table... the first 15 were this album.. would you ask to hear the other 5? Or would you pass and say the first 15 were fantastic enough? Honestly... because if you would want to hear those other 5? You're sort of still in the same boat as the rest of us... hoping and knowing they are capable of so much more =)
wow that was very well put. Gave me a lil chill at the end haha. Some MLK ish right there xP

PProphet said:
Hey guys,
Everyone keeps talking about the inner meaning, or what the band is trying to get across in this album. It doesn't matter... I just want to hear good songs. If I'm going to find inner peace, or meaning, or look for guidance.. I surely won't turn to an album to find it. I've always found, there's two kinds of listeners out there.. someone who goes "Hey..this song is snappy", and some who go "Wow, I want this song played at my funeral". haha. And that fair, music plays a bigger role in some lives than others. Thats just the way it is.
John Lennon finally got off heroin, and wrote "Imagine". We all know the lyrics, and it was a good song. And guess what? There's still war, greed, crime etc. Greed is not going anywhere, neither is war, poverty, or crime. I'm not for those things, but we can't convince ourselves that a seize fire will happen worldwide because they heard this album! haha. So leave the politics out of the music. Their first two albums were so successful, because of the sound, lyrics were relateable etc.
From the comments on here, to the torrents online and beyond.. it seems 90% of the people don't like the album. I hope LP can't think 90% of their fans are wrong. And to the few who like it, thats okay too. But to those 10%... I'm just curious, honestly, if you got to hear the album before they solidified it to being the album. They brough 20 songs to the table... the first 15 were this album.. would you ask to hear the other 5? Or would you pass and say the first 15 were fantastic enough? Honestly... because if you would want to hear those other 5? You're sort of still in the same boat as the rest of us... hoping and knowing they are capable of so much more =)
Don't worry Ima keep listenin' just not to this. Old material keeps gettin' plays on my ipod. This ain't even touchin' it's hard drive haha.
I know right?!?! Haha I don't see why everyone like Cuddi so much. He literally talks about weed in every song I've heard by him. That's not life. People think he's deep because of his slower beats, but they don't listen to his whack half-ass lyrics

lucy harris said:
p.s. i just LOL'd at what you said about Cudi. it's so true.
and i really like Rakim.
keep listening, joseph!
What is the true Linkin Park sound? You can´t put it in a box. And say they are new metal forever. They are a rockband, and can do what they want.
I agree I was SOOOOOO disappointed... I am a heavier fan and they are too soft in this? Whets the heavy guitars?! Whers the screaming? Minutes to midnight had some atleast! It was a good mix. It's too turn table for my liking

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service