So I listened to a Thousand Suns last night before I went to sleep and honestly by the end of it I was on the verge of tears. Don't get it twisted. It wasn't because of how "great" this cd was. It was how let down I was. It isn't the true Linkin Park sound. It sounds like they are trying to much to be other groups. There wasn't even 1 song that I went "Damn this is nice, here we go" nope it was bitter disappointment for a fan like me. I'll break it down track-by track
1 - "The Requiem" : Intro, boring pointless, too long for an intro
2 - "The Radiance" : pointless interlude - rock bands DO NOT have interludes on cd's
3 - "Burning in the Skies" : Really depressing song. Sounds like they want to sound like U2
4 - "Empty Spaces" : Another pointless interlude
5 - "When They Come For Me" : maybe one of the best sounding songs on the cd. Seems like Mike is trying to act "hard" though
6 - "Robot Boy" : Another depressing song. Can't pinpoint who it sounds like though.
7 - "Jornada del Muerto" : Another pointless interlude
8 - "Waiting for the End" : Sounds like Mike is trying to be reggae and Chester's vocals make me  wanna cut my wrists
9 - "Blackout" : sounds like The Prodigy mixed with some Euro-Pop type of music
10 - "Wretches and Kings" : Mike trying to act hard again
11 - "Wisdom Justice and Love" : Another pointless interlude
12 - "Iridescent" : Sounds like a wannabe Coldplay
13 - "Fallout" : Another pointless interlude
14 - "The Catalyst" : Sounds like a wannabe Nine Inch Nails
15 - "The Messenger" : Has to be the worst. Sounds like MTV Unplugged: Evanescence

Like I said I was really disspointed with this album. They are trying to be stuff they aren't and hardly any sounds of Rob or David. It's just sad. And this is coming from a real fan. If it brought me to tears than i think that's a sign of how hard I am of a fan.
In another post I saw someone say "Just because it's Linkin Park doesn't mean it's automatically awesome. They can have bad cd's and this is one" And I think that's how I feel. So go head flame me. Talk trash i don't care, but honestly by the 6th track I just wanted it to end.
This dude basically said the same stuff I said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VJGLVjVM6o&feature=sub

Tags: linkin, park, suns, thousand

Views: 349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I so agree with this and same should be done with movies if you ask me. I don't give a shit that the actors/artists had fun making it, I want something decent with effort put into it, which also gives something to the people.

I also agree with the statement that nobody will listen to it anymore in five years. Guitars and drums are gone, where's the fun in that? They took the best bits and threw em out. I keep imagining a concert where Rob, Brad and Phoenix just stand around doing nothing.

PProphet said:
Like I've said before... if the band is making an album for THEM.. they should do it on THEIR dime, and put it out for free.
U call urself fans... Fans should respect the creation of their favourite band, and if u r real LP fans, respect their creation, whatever it may be... I see an agression in someones comments, anger... Yeah, the last album was different from prevoius ones, but... er... somebody tells that "I'll never listen to them again"... emm... Will really fan tell such a bullshit? Will a really fan judge a whole creation of the band, by their last album??
Thanks
my new best friend

alex Talbott said:
Hey can i just say that this area is for FANS only and you you want to say this album was a dissapointment. ill really put this into perspective mike shinoda is a better artist than any of you will ever be if you dont understand music dont break the tracks down thinking you know what the hell your talking aboutevery sing portion of this album was important the messaged they were trying to relay to the fans was powerfull they linkin park sets the stage with the beat of their music and they perform with their music chesters voice is so impactfull and he puts us in a trance for over forty minutes he takes us to a world we can comprehend in our minds this is a true art piece,,,,guys respect your artist of sick of all of you calling youself fans of linkin park so you even know what a fan is a fan is someone who loves the band for the gift they have given them and would stick by their fans side forever no matter what they deserve to do this album made me relize something it made me relize that people dont understand true artwork. do you guys really want to be hearing the same linkin park over and over again because i gonna tell you it gets redundent. i love every linkin park album EVERY SINGLE ONE reanimation, collision course meteora minutes to midnight ect. listen im saying dont change your mind about linkin park all im saying is dont call yourself a true fan of linkin park their are people like me who love everything about linkin park and get offended. i want more of this linkin park the new linkin park this is art at its peak this is music, this is linkin park.
I stated in another topic. This album is by far a regression of their last album. Linkin Park received millions and millions of a fan base off of their albums hybrid theory and meteora. Now lemme point this out to you. Say if this was their first album, this album would not give them the fan base they have now. Just letting you know this album just ...sucks. Simply as that. I read most of the lyrics to all the songs. They are total garbage. "And I'm not a robot
I'm not a monkey I will not dance even if the beat's funky" WTF? Seriously that whole song, when I heard it, it made me want to puke.
Lmfao!!!!

Tyler T said:
"And I'm not a robot
I'm not a monkey I will not dance even if the beat's funky" WTF? Seriously that whole song, when I heard it, it made me want to puke.
I went for a drive today... and I put in the cd again... to listen to it straight through. I got to take in the full meaning, the growth of the whole album. Hearing the piano parts in with the chorus, and the instrumentals. Mikes lyrics to Chesters lyrics. And as I drove through my part of town, and listening to it all like I do with a lot of other cd's and thinking on how it relates to me etc.... I finally saw what all the people who get this album enjoy, and appreciate.

And with that.... My conclusion is: I think a certain band spent a little TOOOO much time in the studio! And I think some people are going a little tooo deep into the cd than should be. =/

Wait for the next album. Fool the public once.. but you won't fool them again. Watch the decline in attendance to shows because of the dramatic price increase in tickets. And watch how many people torrent the next album. I know...there are some people out there that like this album. Just like SOME people out there like George Harrisons solo music. But this won't be considred a success album. I've never seen so much disappointment in an album.

But keep up the work LP fans... I think LP has too many people saying "Yes" in their camp... and not enough people saying "No". Lets keep them grounded =)
For the record everyone trying to defend this album by saying that they're evolving and that fans should respect their favorite artist's work no matter what...you sound pathetic. Honestly. Also, you shouldn't have to listen to an album over and over and over again for you to start to like it. Good music instantly makes you happy. You instantly love the song. Mediocre music that you desperately want to like but can't really, takes warming up to.

Evolving is called gradually adding and developing your sound. Not starting over from scratch and hoping whatever comes out sounds okay. I feel like at some point Mike said that you can't just be like "i'm a punk rock man and imma do whatever i want and it's gonna be new and innovative" if you haven't already listened to what's out there. I think the band approached this album thinking this has never been done before, when, sadly, it already has. There are plenty of bands (mainstream as well) who have political messages in their songs. There are plenty of bands that have electronic keyboards and drum machines. I mean this is not evolution. This is tossing rocks into a river and hoping that they land at the harbor down south 500 miles away.

A band shouldn't be able to put out whatever darn well pleases them and expect everyone to love it. In fact if they do expect that and are angry at the fans who don't enjoy it then that's a serious handicap on their part.

Also to the people who claim that these are the greatest artists of our time and that no one on here will ever amount to anything half as great as them you can go suck it. Because some of us have ambition. Unlike you, a weakass follower. So grow up and learn that in life not everyone is going to hop on a bandwagon that has broken wheels, broken axles, and looks freaking hideous. Okay? Got it? Great.
Goddamn that was great. And not just because you agree with my opinion, but because you backed yourself, and all of us, up totally. That last paragraph really fits me because I do have ambitions. I wanna be a rapper. Not because I think it's cool, but because I have so much passion for it. I write lyrics any chance I get. But really everything you said was 100% on point

Wello said:
For the record everyone trying to defend this album by saying that they're evolving and that fans should respect their favorite artist's work no matter what...you sound pathetic. Honestly. Also, you shouldn't have to listen to an album over and over and over again for you to start to like it. Good music instantly makes you happy. You instantly love the song. Mediocre music that you desperately want to like but can't really, takes warming up to.

Evolving is called gradually adding and developing your sound. Not starting over from scratch and hoping whatever comes out sounds okay. I feel like at some point Mike said that you can't just be like "i'm a punk rock man and imma do whatever i want and it's gonna be new and innovative" if you haven't already listened to what's out there. I think the band approached this album thinking this has never been done before, when, sadly, it already has. There are plenty of bands (mainstream as well) who have political messages in their songs. There are plenty of bands that have electronic keyboards and drum machines. I mean this is not evolution. This is tossing rocks into a river and hoping that they land at the harbor down south 500 miles away.

A band shouldn't be able to put out whatever darn well pleases them and expect everyone to love it. In fact if they do expect that and are angry at the fans who don't enjoy it then that's a serious handicap on their part.

Also to the people who claim that these are the greatest artists of our time and that no one on here will ever amount to anything half as great as them you can go suck it. Because some of us have ambition. Unlike you, a weakass follower. So grow up and learn that in life not everyone is going to hop on a bandwagon that has broken wheels, broken axles, and looks freaking hideous. Okay? Got it? Great.
@wello

i agree 100%
Agree, we want big booming chester vocal, and heavy guitar. None of this techo babble, fair enough throw a bit in the mix like before, but they have lost their roots, sod evolving, this isnt evolving, this is growing chuffin old, they will be wearing bleedin slippers and putting a blanket on their laps sipping coffee from their flasks next!!!!
@Wello - 2 thumbs up well put
Mike is an OK rapper, he's no where near Eminem's level. As for experimenting and trying to be "different" they FAILED. I heard ATS and it sounds like a wannabe Rage Against the Machine, NIN, U2, some parts Cold Play if they want to be different they need to go back to the Hybrid Theory/Meterora sound, NOBODY sounds like that. Only LP can do it right, it differentiates them it makes them great. They need to get Don GIlmore back so he can undo all the brain washing that Rick Rubin did to the band.

ATS is a horrible album hopefully they return to their roots in the next.

K1NG J0RDAN said:
Have u heard his fort minor album? Yeah... He is an amazing rapper. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service