So I listened to a Thousand Suns last night before I went to sleep and honestly by the end of it I was on the verge of tears. Don't get it twisted. It wasn't because of how "great" this cd was. It was how let down I was. It isn't the true Linkin Park sound. It sounds like they are trying to much to be other groups. There wasn't even 1 song that I went "Damn this is nice, here we go" nope it was bitter disappointment for a fan like me. I'll break it down track-by track
1 - "The Requiem" : Intro, boring pointless, too long for an intro
2 - "The Radiance" : pointless interlude - rock bands DO NOT have interludes on cd's
3 - "Burning in the Skies" : Really depressing song. Sounds like they want to sound like U2
4 - "Empty Spaces" : Another pointless interlude
5 - "When They Come For Me" : maybe one of the best sounding songs on the cd. Seems like Mike is trying to act "hard" though
6 - "Robot Boy" : Another depressing song. Can't pinpoint who it sounds like though.
7 - "Jornada del Muerto" : Another pointless interlude
8 - "Waiting for the End" : Sounds like Mike is trying to be reggae and Chester's vocals make me  wanna cut my wrists
9 - "Blackout" : sounds like The Prodigy mixed with some Euro-Pop type of music
10 - "Wretches and Kings" : Mike trying to act hard again
11 - "Wisdom Justice and Love" : Another pointless interlude
12 - "Iridescent" : Sounds like a wannabe Coldplay
13 - "Fallout" : Another pointless interlude
14 - "The Catalyst" : Sounds like a wannabe Nine Inch Nails
15 - "The Messenger" : Has to be the worst. Sounds like MTV Unplugged: Evanescence

Like I said I was really disspointed with this album. They are trying to be stuff they aren't and hardly any sounds of Rob or David. It's just sad. And this is coming from a real fan. If it brought me to tears than i think that's a sign of how hard I am of a fan.
In another post I saw someone say "Just because it's Linkin Park doesn't mean it's automatically awesome. They can have bad cd's and this is one" And I think that's how I feel. So go head flame me. Talk trash i don't care, but honestly by the 6th track I just wanted it to end.
This dude basically said the same stuff I said: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VJGLVjVM6o&feature=sub

Tags: linkin, park, suns, thousand

Views: 349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree I was SOOOOOO disappointed... I am a heavier fan and they are too soft in this? Whets the heavy guitars?! Whers the screaming? Minutes to midnight had some atleast! It was a good mix. It's too turn table for my liking
I understand the choc but still I'm tired of hearing and reading complains about the result of this album and how LP is evolving... The reason why every LP fans love 'em is because their sound is different from what we get from other groups since the beginning, because they have the guts to go farther than what we expect and surely because they are no doubt about it the most talented and inovative band of our generation. We cant ask them to repeat over and over the same model of song for the rest of their life. I know only one band who survive that way and it's AC/DC... and when you heard one of their CD's you heard them all! So please stop living the past, listen to it if you want, but dont kill their creativity by bitchin their job. Pce all and long life to LP!
Hearing the new album was straight up bad. I thought I had the wrongs song at first cause it wasn't them anymore. I know some people are trying to defend them but you just can't. I Was a big fan of LP like their old songs but this new album I just can't listen to it
My only complain bout the cd is... the sound, maybe more guitar would've been nice but not in the HT/Meteora way. If they wanted to try something different maybe some arpegios or slow solos would've made this CD more enjoyable. Also, the beats... i know that they have electronic influences but the electronic drums are all over the songs, maybe 2 o 3 songs have real drums, it makes me think that the drummer just can't play :S how is this supposed to be played live? :/
The concept on the songs is ok, but again.. a better sound would've made it more enjoyable and by a better sound i dont mean an over produced sound--- just sounds like MANY bands out there have, how hard is that?
Hey can i just say that this area is for FANS only and you you want to say this album was a dissapointment. ill really put this into perspective mike shinoda is a better artist than any of you will ever be if you dont understand music dont break the tracks down thinking you know what the hell your talking aboutevery sing portion of this album was important the messaged they were trying to relay to the fans was powerfull they linkin park sets the stage with the beat of their music and they perform with their music chesters voice is so impactfull and he puts us in a trance for over forty minutes he takes us to a world we can comprehend in our minds this is a true art piece,,,,guys respect your artist of sick of all of you calling youself fans of linkin park so you even know what a fan is a fan is someone who loves the band for the gift they have given them and would stick by their fans side forever no matter what they deserve to do this album made me relize something it made me relize that people dont understand true artwork. do you guys really want to be hearing the same linkin park over and over again because i gonna tell you it gets redundent. i love every linkin park album EVERY SINGLE ONE reanimation, collision course meteora minutes to midnight ect. listen im saying dont change your mind about linkin park all im saying is dont call yourself a true fan of linkin park their are people like me who love everything about linkin park and get offended. i want more of this linkin park the new linkin park this is art at its peak this is music, this is linkin park.
Maybe you haven't seen their interviews yet. They are NOT, I repeat, NOT a rock band. They said that they wanted to make an unpredictable album and wanted to invent their own genre, and I believe they have done it VERY successfully. If you don't believe me, I bet sonner or later there will be bands who were inspired by this album to step out of their comfort zone to make something totally different. Just you see. Pretty soon, almost half of the rock universe will revolve around this album. P.S. Mike is not trying to act hard! He's been hard for as long as I remember!
Sure, they have been succesful at that, but there's just a ton of people that don't like it. And they haven't been a rock band anymore for a few years now.
And there are already bands enough that have stepped out of their comfort zone, but with the exception that they've made it work and it sounds good. Are you being sarcastic? If you ain't, I feel for ya... The "rock universe" won't even raise an eyebrow.

Imrano Kassim said:
Maybe you haven't seen their interviews yet. They are NOT, I repeat, NOT a rock band. They said that they wanted to make an unpredictable album and wanted to invent their own genre, and I believe they have done it VERY successfully. If you don't believe me, I bet sonner or later there will be bands who were inspired by this album to step out of their comfort zone to make something totally different. Just you see. Pretty soon, almost half of the rock universe will revolve around this album. P.S. Mike is not trying to act hard! He's been hard for as long as I remember!
[Mike]His lyrics aren't flowing like they use to in his rap versus. When he is throwing the rhyme in the song "When they came for me". It was a horrible attempt. The lyrics suck. I mean seriously listen to most of Mike's best works. Figure.09, Faint, Papercut, Forgotten. It just doesn't seem like in the songs that Mike and Chester are really 'sharing' the music more like taking a huge piece of a song for themselves. Seriously you wont help to agree with me that alone if you were to LISTEN right now to these songs, "Figure.09, Faint, Papercut, Forgotten," and maybe throw in somewhere I belong maybe in there too, that you would say that you didn't waste an hour listening to good music. My opinion, the new CD is a huge bust, and Linkin Park took steps backwards with their music. It was a good attempt to try something new, but it flopped miserably.

Imrano Kassim said:
Very well put. named some great songs too btw

Tyler T said:
[Mike]His lyrics aren't flowing like they use to in his rap versus. When he is throwing the rhyme in the song "When they came for me". It was a horrible attempt. The lyrics suck. I mean seriously listen to most of Mike's best works. Figure.09, Faint, Papercut, Forgotten. It just doesn't seem like in the songs that Mike and Chester are really 'sharing' the music more like taking a huge piece of a song for themselves. Seriously you wont help to agree with me that alone if you were to LISTEN right now to these songs, "Figure.09, Faint, Papercut, Forgotten," and maybe throw in somewhere I belong maybe in there too, that you would say that you didn't waste an hour listening to good music. My opinion, the new CD is a huge bust, and Linkin Park took steps backwards with their music. It was a good attempt to try something new, but it flopped miserably.
I love how I have all these people bashing me for my opinion :)
And they all say the same thing. "He's mad because they're evolving" "You're not a true LP fan" "You don't want ALL their albums to sound the same. That would get boring"
Haha this is a discussion. I didn't bash LP in my review I simply said why I was disappointed with this album, and how I felt about it. Get off the sack haha
If bands are to take their next musical step by being inspired by this album.... we will have a lot more Black Vail Brides, Jeffree Star, and Brokencydes to listen to. Just more bands who do not play guitars, and use drum machines, keyboards, synths haha. Nobody is going to listen to this album five years from now. I keep trying to listen to it, and thats bad for the band, because all these people who don't like it... they'll get used to NOT listening to them. But hey... its not the band or the musics fault... its the listeners fault. I guess we all just don't get them anymore, we can't understand the deeper meaning... we're just stuck in the past =/ hahahaha
I am really enjoying this forum.... seeing honest fans who have spent money on this band and supported them till now, standing up and saying this is terrible music. Its okay, they're millionaires... they should be able to handle critcism. The real fans are the ones telling them "the album is crap and we know you can do better! We'll still be here when you take a crack at the next album.. just get started on it soon!" haha.
Like I've said before... if the band is making an album for THEM.. they should do it on THEIR dime, and put it out for free.
They are NOT, I repeat, NOT a rock band. They said that they wanted to make an unpredictable album and wanted to invent their own genre, and I believe they have done it VERY successfully

Totally agree. It's smth new in their style. Such style has nobody heard before from the LP. But.. Listen to it not from the side of rock... err... Don't attribute this album as a rock album. It's not such kind. Err... I knew that it would smth unusuall. And me, too, was very surprised. But I don't say that I didnot like this album. At first I did not get used to it, but then when I re-listened it, I started to realize... Errr.. to realize a lyrics, the idea of lyrics... err... the significance of each word. It's a calm album (err..I donot know, may be "calm" is used to describe a person, not inanimate thing). But they are suceeded in creating their new style. I repeat - try not to listen this album as a rock album... Crap.. I forgot all my English)) I could tell about this album in russian a much longer. But my English is not so perfect to select a needed words =( Sorry for my English
===Lana===

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service