Have you been to a previous Summit? Are you planning on attending an upcoming LPU Summit? Connect with new friends you made that Summit events, or meet the people who will be joining you at the Summit you will be attending. Share stories, photos, videos. How far did you travel to get to the Summit? Any advice for fans attending upcoming Summits?

Share your LPU Summit experience with the world!

Views: 3750

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Alrighty bro!  Sounds great!  Then I should be able to capture some great shots!  :)  I hope you do too if you're going! 

SHELLSHOCK said:

Aaron Halvorson said:
Now what about the *type* of camera...I really want to bring my big Panasonic digital camera...or my new Sony NEX3...both of which I bought just for this experience. 

It says all types of cameras, wether it'd be a camera phone or a digital camera.
No no, i mean it says you CANNOT use any type of camera wether it'd be a camera phone or digital camera on the summit waiver.

I went to the Sydney Summit so if it helps ...

SHELLSHOCK & AARON- Yes you can bring a camera, any type, even though the waiver stated no photography allowed. It was the same for us.

KYLE- They didn't give out any free merch at the Sydney Summit but you can win some signed ones through the raffle they draw. You get a free raffle ticket or buy more for $1 each. I scored the prize of meeting Chaz with a few others in an intimate M&G.

ABHI- To my knowledge, Chicago is the only US Summit because it's the most central location (so I was told).

So have an awesome time guys and photograph away !

Thank you Sezza, for that insight information.. :) makes me ready for tomorrow now.. :) thanks again..

Sezza said:

SHELLSHOCK & AARON- Yes you can bring a camera, any type, even though the waiver stated no photography allowed. It was the same for us.

KYLE- They didn't give out any free merch at the Sydney Summit but you can win some signed ones through the raffle they draw. You get a free raffle ticket or buy more for $1 each. I scored the prize of meeting Chaz with a few others in an intimate M&G.

ABHI- To my knowledge, Chicago is the only US Summit because it's the most central location (so I was told).

Sezza said:

How about when it came time for the show did they allow the camera in and use of it?
Thanks Sezza, I talked to someone else about that and he said if I didnt have anything to get singed they would give me a free poster. Then again he went to like 5 in the previous years. 

Sezza said:

Cool man, we can agree to disagree about the fan packages. If someone happens to ask your question I'll let you know.

Marcus Smith said:
That's great, ask your own questions.  But I don't see the added benefit of the summit's as you do.  I live nowhere close to Chicago and don't plan on buying a plane ticket to get there.  I'm still trying to recover from the membership price hike and the complete lack of a "fan package" like the ones we have recieved in the past.  Ok, I'm not really having to recover from that but I would still like someone to ask an important question from many of us, maybe not you, regarding the plans for the LPU.

HybridSoIdier said:
I've been a member of the LPU since the end on LPU1/beginning of LPU2 and I think the experience of the summit greatly outweighs anything the band has given you in a "fan package" in years past. Not to sound like a jerk, but, I think if you really wanted to know the answer to the question you want us to ask, you should have shelled out the money to go to the event. I can't speak for anyone else, but, I have my own questions to ask.

Marcus Smith said:

For those of you that are planning on attending the Chicago Summit,

I think I speak for many other veteran LPU'ers out there when I say that LPUX absolutely sucks!  Maybe it's because I'm spoiled by the first 9 years of the fan club but no one in their right mind can call the changes the LPU has incurred from version 9 to 10 fair.  We are paying double the membership for nothing...I mean this website and this forum are open to the general public and the general public aren't paying a dime for this.  Where's the benefit? 

Ok, so in saying the above, I would like to ask a huge favor from someone or multiple people that plan on attending the LPU Summit in Chicago.  Please ask the band directly during one of thier Q and A sessions what their plans/intentions are with the LPU.  The members deserve to know from an official source why they have implemented these changes and why it's reletively obvious they have stripped the benefits away from the LPU.  Take a voice recorder or something to capture what they have to say cause I would really like to know.  We should all come up with a list of specific questions around this topic in my opinion.  Thanks!

Anyone else doing the skating event tonight at Millenium Park?
I am...going to get a snack on the way to the rink....want to meet up? Let me know....leaving soon...

HybridSoIdier said:

MARJEANA- No worries, have an awesome time :)

SHELLSHOCK- There wasn't any problems taking cameras into the show, I managed to get photos from the Summit and the show after, so you should be alright ... 

KYLE- They did give everyone a few stickers otherwise some ppl just got their Summit laminate signed. They also gave out tix to the show that followed but I don't know about posters ...

I've got a few photos up on my profile and I wrote a bit about the Summit if you want an idea of what happened, or click on http://www.linkinpark.com/profiles/blogs/2010-sydney-show-summit

Hope you all enjoy it as much as we did in Sydney.

I checked out the vids from the concert on January 20 or 21st I believe, the first one in the US. And people had their cameras our taking pics, on phone or actual camera. Plus the show looked kick ass! I can't wait!
Sorry, didn't get to this until after the event. I was the one with the kid! lol

Tina Campbell said:
I am...going to get a snack on the way to the rink....want to meet up? Let me know....leaving soon...

HybridSoIdier said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service