I am just wondering if anyone thinks the american punkrock band Green Day is as good as Linkin Park. There are a lot of people that think Linkin Park and Green Day are there favorite bands equaly. I want to know what you think about Green Day. 

Views: 3582

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They are a great band indeed but they still have a long way to go to keep up with LP.

LP still rules for me. One of the reasons for being the best is because of the way they stay in contact with their fan base (us). They are the only bad who has it's own dedicated social network. You can upload videos, pictures, and you can even chat with people around the world, people who probably have the same taste in music, art or whatever. And if you are lucky enough, you might end up late in the night talking with Mike, because he usually logs in for a short time. Adding the Ustream broadcasts, Facebook, Tweeter, MySpace, YouTube, iTunes, iLike.....There's no way someone could say that LP sucks.

Green Day is still a young band but it probably has the same potential. I can't say anymore than that, it's up to them. We'll just have to wait and see.

Teo said:
They are a great band indeed but they still have a long way to go to keep up with LP.

LP still rules for me. One of the reasons for being the best is because of the way they stay in contact with their fan base (us). They are the only bad who has it's own dedicated social network. You can upload videos, pictures, and you can even chat with people around the world, people who probably have the same taste in music, art or whatever. And if you are lucky enough, you might end up late in the night talking with Mike, because he usually logs in for a short time. Adding the Ustream broadcasts, Facebook, Tweeter, MySpace, YouTube, iTunes, iLike.....There's no way someone could say that LP sucks.

Green Day is still a young band but it probably has the same potential. I can't say anymore than that, it's up to them. We'll just have to wait and see.

I do agree with the fact that Green Day dosen't have a socail network like facebook, myspace or twitter on their home site. LP is the only band that actually does that. They spend their time and money to put up the LP network. On GreenDay.com, I wouldn't be abe to do what I'm doing right now on LP.com.
Ok Green Day is not on the same level as Linkin Park but they've got some good songs and albums. Listen to American Idiot or 21st Century Breakdown; those albums are as ambitious(not quite)as A Thousand Suns.
I hate you, new LPMB. So very much.
I personally love the two bands, but if I have to make a choice, I'll say LP is the best one. Why ? Their texts have a great and deep meaning, as Mike is a master for this exercise. But hell, there is no way a band can be better than GD in live, even if it's more than a pleasure to go see LP in concert.
To those who doubt that fact, watch "Bullet in a Bible" then "Road to Revolution : Live @Milton Keynes" or "Live in Texas", and compare.

François Huszti said:
I personally love the two bands, but if I have to make a choice, I'll say LP is the best one. Why ? Their texts have a great and deep meaning, as Mike is a master for this exercise. But hell, there is no way a band can be better than GD in live, even if it's more than a pleasure to go see LP in concert.
To those who doubt that fact, watch "Bullet in a Bible" then "Road to Revolution : Live @Milton Keynes" or "Live in Texas", and compare.

I personaly love both bands live but you are right in a way. Green Day is able to play all their stuff live as if it were a studio performance. LP can't perform In The End like if it was studio compared to live. GD can play better live but I love going to both band's concerts. Hear is some footage to shwo the others what I mean.
Live in Texas footage:
Road to Revolution Footage:
Bullet in a Bible footage:
Yah it's a different style ...
But, just for our pleasure, here are (personally) the two best live performances of each band :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcJmE4c50K8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsqKH_VIrng

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw50Ki6slN4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gF1qWyYtyug

ENJOY !
O.o back in the day....this thread would be torched
green day is a young band?
i thought they were around way before linkin park like before 2000.
Teo said:

Green Day has been formed in 1987, LP a decade later, in 1996.
i'm not sure why this discussion is going on! they are both great bands... in their own separate styles! LP is basically a alternative rock band, whether Green Day is pure punk rock...... they are not competitors! and to guys who "hates" Green Day.... please listen to some of their songs first, and then comment.
i dont like green day. gd and lp not equal to me. i even think green day is pretty boring xD lp is much more talented in my opinion. but hey everyones allowed to listen to their own stuff right? :) so who cares.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service