I am just wondering if anyone thinks the american punkrock band Green Day is as good as Linkin Park. There are a lot of people that think Linkin Park and Green Day are there favorite bands equaly. I want to know what you think about Green Day. 

Views: 3485

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think they're great, but they come no where near LP in terms of greatness (or anything for that matter)
Green Day is my favorite band. Then Linkin Park. Green Day fucking rocks!!!
GD don't do anything for me.
Personally I'm not a big fan of Green Day, the only song of theirs I really liked was 'She' other than that I think the guys are overrated and a bunch of whiny sell outs. Don't get me wrong, they're not a horrible band and I can handle them but I think they're more on the same level of Metallica, the music is good but it all ends up feeling the same.
Ghost-Child550 said:
Personally I'm not a big fan of Green Day, the only song of theirs I really liked was 'She' other than that I think the guys are overrated and a bunch of whiny sell outs. Don't get me wrong, they're not a horrible band and I can handle them but I think they're more on the same level of Metallica, the music is good but it all ends up feeling the same.

1. Clearly you haven't heard much Metallica
2. Saying that on an LP forum is ... well, come on!
3. Tallica are far above GD's level.

;)
@Cillian: I've heard a lot of Metallica and though the band may be better then Green Day they're both highly overrated bands that don't have much else to show. Metallica sounded the same up to the Black album, after that they went downhill, why? Because they wanted to have a more mainstream audience to increase their sales, so Load comes out which sucks, then they hopped aboard the nu metal train and that didn't help either. After realizing they weren't getting sales they went with Death Magnetic which did nothing new, it was the old Metallica just with less inspiration. Metallica has never really progressed on a musical level, the music in the early days (though good) was more the same. You hear one Metallica song you've heard the others, it's the same thing as a band like Dragonforce it all sounds alike.
Let's face it. No matter how awesome is LP, GD is the legend.
RockOut!Candy said:
Let's face it. No matter how awesome is LP, GD is the legend.

Wow, delusion at its peak
Oh no don't say you can't bear the truth ; )

Phillip Goldfinch said:

Wow, delusion at its peak
Listen. You people don't know about the real green day if you think they are overated. They are as awsome as Linkin Park. You people are probaly listeing to their old songs from their albums Like Dookie or other old albums. You need to listen to songs from their new albums like American Idiot or 21st Century Breakdown. Listen to songs like American idiot, boulevard of broken dreams, holiday, wake me when September ends, know your enemy, 21 guns , etc. Have you people even heard those songs, I guess not because you are probably busy hating green day. So what you people listen to metalica or dragonforce or any other overated bands.
First off I have heard their new stuff, American Idiot completely sucked and the only good song off 21st Century Breakdown was their single 21 Guns. I'll lay down a couple things here, both LP and GD are pretty damn overrated, I love LP and all but they're not as great as I remember them being when I was an angsty high school student. I'll also tell you that Metallica is also overrated as hell, the band has released some good songs but they're nothing extremely special. Dragonforce is horribly overrated especially when considering guitars, yeah they may be able to play their stuff live now but nothing about their playing is complex, tremolo picking rhythms and simplistic but fast solos does not a good guitarist make.
Check out Poets of the Fall or Dream Theater sometime then get back to me.

Abhi Sharma said:
Listen. You people don't know about the real green day if you think they are overated. They are as awsome as Linkin Park. You people are probaly listeing to their old songs from their albums Like Dookie or other old albums. You need to listen to songs from their new albums like American Idiot or 21st Century Breakdown. Listen to songs like American idiot, boulevard of broken dreams, holiday, wake me when September ends, know your enemy, 21 guns , etc. Have you people even heard those songs, I guess not because you are probably busy hating green day. So what you people listen to metalica or dragonforce or any other overated bands.
Ghost-Child550 said:
@Cillian: I've heard a lot of Metallica and though the band may be better then Green Day they're both highly overrated bands

You realise that's opinion, not fact, right?

Metallica has never really progressed on a musical level,

That is an utterly ridiculous (and untrue) statement, especially after you just went on about how they changed over the years.

Kill 'Em All to Ride The Lightning to Master of Puppets to ...And Justice For All while staying more or less in the Thrash genre showed a steady progression, getting steadily more melodic, longer more complex instrumentally, structurally and lyrically as they went on (fact, not opinion), keeping in mind this period spanned just 6 or 7 years

Then came a big change with The Black Album, simpler more to the point but brilliantly written songs. Better yet, no 2 really sound a like.

Another change then with Load and ReLoad, bringing in Southern Rock/Metal, Grunge even some Country and Psychedilic vibes. 2 records bloated with filler but easily enough gems (like Bleeding Me, Outlaw Torn, Fixxxer, Low Man) on both that if you cut 4 or 5 songs there'd be 2 great records (Yes that last bit is opinion)

Then came St Anger, written during the implosion of the band when their main songwriter couldn't write the songs. Understandably poor (but incredibly raw and honest) record. Many great ideas, poorly executed. (Again that last part is opinion, learning anything yet?)

Death Magnetic. A return to form and somewhat a return to their roots, at least on the surface. But looking closer there tastes of all eras of Metallica, plus something new, in there. Extremely solid record but not without it's flaws (production, solos).

You hear one Metallica song you've heard the others

If you can listen to Whiplash, Fade To Black, Master Of Puppets, Harvester of Sorrow, Wherever I May Roam, The Outlaw Torn, Low Man's Lyric, The Unnamed Feeling and Suicide & Redemption and then say with a straight face, reguardless of whether you actually like them, that they all sound the same then you are either lying or... shall we say "musically challenged".

I love the way you "lay it down" as as if you're speaking unequivecal fact when you actually aren't.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service