I am just wondering if anyone thinks the american punkrock band Green Day is as good as Linkin Park. There are a lot of people that think Linkin Park and Green Day are there favorite bands equaly. I want to know what you think about Green Day. 

Views: 3471

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

@Cillian: Metallica changed twice for their Load and ReLoad and St. Anger, those albums were both a hit to what was mainstream, a way for Metallica to garner more money and fans. St. Anger was a shallow attempt at nu metal. Musically the band has not changed, they've basically been in the same rut and have never really matured their music. The Black album was the first attempt at mainstream, hense the simpler songs and the more straightforward approach both lyrically and musically, but it still retained that Metallica aspect. I enjoy the band and I believe they have some great music, do I believe they're overrated? Yes. Do I believe they haven't progressed musically? Yes. After Justice the band has had a steady decline, and Death Magnetic seemed to be just an attempt to get back the glory days and garner the band more respect.
The only definite change musically that the band has had was during their worst albums. Other than that songs are structured in a pretty simillar fashion and once you've heard one of their songs it's pretty easy to expect what you'll be getting from the rest. I didn't imply that all the songs sound exactly like the last one (that's a Dragonforce thing) but much like AC/DC, Metallica has retained a simillar structure musically throughout their careers, there's not much to expect from any Metallica song, the only differences you'll find is in Load and ReLoad and St. Anger, but even still the songs are structurally the same. When you stated your opinion about St. Anger it's pretty damn close to fact seeing how poorly executed that album actually was. Production, lyrically, musically, all of it poorly executed.
They're not as good as Linkin Park, but I do love them.
Ghost-Child550 said:
Metallica changed twice. Musically the band has not changed

You contradict yourself.

My point is, it doesn't matter what you think their reasons are for changing, nor if you like the result, it's still undeniable change.

There aren't many bands with legitimate claims to being pioneers. Metallica are.

Oh and, Song structure has little to no impact on style of music, nor does one have to experiment structurally to experiment musically. Your argument is flimsy.

So I'll put it to you again:
Listen to Kill 'em All through Ride through Puppets through Justice (I.E. the first 4 records) and tell me there's no musical progression.
Green days been around longer. I still think there great but I like linkin park 5x more.
I still personally see no difference in their structure from each album. That's me, like I said I enjoy the band and their music I just believe they're overrated.And yes it is undeniable change.

Pioneers yes, they helped bring thrash metal out and were on of the first metal bands to actually garner respect from the media. And that whole Jethro Tull being voted best metal band over Metallica thing was bullshit on a big level.

Sorry for the massive argument.
Ok, so a new question arises. Whose hotter between Mike Dirnt and Tre Cool? Since it would be obvious that BJ gets the most votes, let's choose instead between the two other boys ; ]
Yep, I like them a lot. My brother is a massive and much bigger fan of theirs, then I am. I saw them play live, because my brother had no one to go with... I only went because of Billie Joe Armstrong... ahhhh... :D

They are amazing live... and I was left wanting more. Now I only have to get him to see LP or Goldfrapp with me now.
First, I love how a question on GD became an argument over Metallica. Gotta love forums period. XD I personally love Green Day (I saved my Christmas iTunes cards to preorder the latest record) however, in many ways, they have gone from their amazing roots to trying to be pop-rock. I listen to record and enjoy it, alongside American Idiot, but I miss the Green Day I would hear on the radio when I was a little kid.

P.S. I remember listening to tracks off of Dookie on the radio when I was like 4, and have listened to them since then. Right now I have every album by them except 1039..., Nimrod, and Warning.
Green Day is awsome. They can as good songs as Linkin Park. But I got to say something. Linkin Park changed in 207 when they released their album Minutes to Midnight. Linkin Park was difrent when writing hybrid Theory or Meteora. just because they changed dosent mean they suck. Green Day also changed and became better than they were before. Green Day and Linkin Park are my two fav bands and I like their songs. If you dont like these two bands, what do u listen to?
Abhi Sharma said:
Green Day is awsome. They can as good songs as Linkin Park. But I got to say something. Linkin Park changed in 207 when they released their album Minutes to Midnight. Linkin Park was difrent when writing hybrid Theory or Meteora. just because they changed dosent mean they suck. Green Day also changed and became better than they were before. Green Day and Linkin Park are my two fav bands and I like their songs. If you dont like these two bands, what do u listen to?

I agree! And they are my two favorite bands too. :D
green day is fine but somtimes thy suck alot
i love green day, they're not in the same league as lp, but they're in my top ten bands (which is a very prestigious list)
i've noticed metallica was brought into this, and personally im not really a fan, i enjoy some of their songs, but green day are a thousand times better

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service