I am sorry, but what about people who took time off work to travel too your show? Who had to pay for hotels, airfare, rental cars, gas, and time to come? We lost more then the ticket value. This is as bad as the Superbowl. You come around every 4 years and expect us just to sit and accept an online apology. That is a joke. How about you refund our tickets times 3 the value. To pay people back for there time off work and above mentioned. At-least have the curtosy to send maybe an autographed picture or cd? What a waste of time. I will never buy tickets from Linkin Park again. Thanks for losing a fan!

PS. Yet I bet they do the Las Vegas show and the rest. You can re-schedule Houston and Dallas Texas but not the smaller venues in DC, Conn, and Cincy.

What are you going to do keep me being a fan. This is a smack in the face. If your truely that sick cancel the rest of your shows and get better.

BTW What is really wrong with you Chester? All we get is doctor orders. Is it really Doctors orders or Chesters orders?

I loved Linkin Park but feel like I have been shafted. I get a blog apology that probably wasn't even you writting it.

Thanks a lot!

You can agree or disagree with what I say but I think I speak for over 50,000 fans that wont get to see a show that easily paid 250 or more for 2 tickets if not more.

Views: 246

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AMEN TO THAT.  I don't think it is a backhanded move when there is nothing LP can do on the matter.  Previous scheduling conflicts get in the way.  Unfortunately people get sick in this world and arranged plans have to be wiped out.

Jodee H said:

There is more than just linkin park involved in a reschedule.  I don't understand why ppl aren't getting that!!!! 

The venue has to allow it.. then venue has to have open time that works for everyone.. anyone else involved with the show has to have that time free.  

I'm sure they wanted to reschedule.

I understand that Jodee.  Venues are the hardest part of rescheduling with their limitations and restrictions on promoters and bands, but for LP to not even acknowledge or give an update to the fans on the matter is cold.  Would it hurt to come out and say, "hey, we tried to work with the venue but can't find a date" or "it won't be any time soon, but in the near future we will try to reschedule a date to make up for the cancellation".  Instead, nothing, nadda, zip.

Jodee H said:

There is more than just linkin park involved in a reschedule.  I don't understand why ppl aren't getting that!!!! 

The venue has to allow it.. then venue has to have open time that works for everyone.. anyone else involved with the show has to have that time free.  

I'm sure they wanted to reschedule.

Im still pretty pissed off at how they handled cancelling these 3 shows, mine was the DC show which was cancelled on my butt and my daughters hours before the show.  Yes I feel for chester and understand people get sick but to reschedule a couple, have an afterparty pretty damn soon after this major sickness, be so cold in the cancel offering a live download of a show THAT WE COULDNT GO TO, no plans to do later, during summer NOTHING.  I know for a fact there are nights in every week that nothing is happening at the Verizon Center.  If they really wanted to reschedule they could have set something up.  I have never missed a show since 1999 and this hurt.  The problem is that YOU CAN NEVER SEE A THOUSAND SUNS TOUR.  THAT SUCKS.  One of the best shows in a long time, lights, lazers visual and audio with new and old songs and to get cancelled only to be offered a damn audio of a show just seemed ruff.
I see where you could be upset, but I think you're being a little harsh. Linkin Park cares so much about their fans, and if you are a real fan, you will understand that they would never want to upset their fan base. There is ALWAYS a chance for shows to be canceled. You should keep that in mind for every show you buy a ticket for. IT HAPPENS. Whether it be weather or sickness. Chester is a singer. He can't sing if his throat is acting up. If he did, it wouldn't be a GREAT show, and I guarantee you would have complained more about a disappointing performance.  There has been a wicked sickness going around (I had it/ kind of still have it). It had me down for a month and a half, and I'm pretty certain it's what Chester had. Under those conditions, it's a miracle he got well so soon. Chester wouldn't want to cancel this many shows.. I'm sorry that you took days off/spent money, but you just have to remember there is always a chance of cancellation. They can't be perfect. I sympathize with you, but don't stop being a fan just because your concert got cancelled! It's a little selfish.
Its not that he got sick, its not that the show was cancelled like you said it happens, it is how it was handled, not rescheduled and the coldness to the fans who are not normal fans, many of us like myself LIVE and BREATH Linkin park so to miss an entire tour that will never come back ever is a major problem.  THen to reschedule a couple and offer an audio version of a show for those that got cancelled on,. and really no communication to us in the eastcoast that are going to miss the tour.  At least if they would have given us an autographed ATS CD or Shirt, something more personal and meaningful that truly mattered, it could have helped ease our pain much more then a download of a show were missing.  I have been a fan sine 99 and never missed a tour, but I have also had a couple shows cancelled on me by other bands, but they always made it up with a show.  Being sick is understandable, missing out on a once in a lifetime tour opportunity really is not.  Even one make up show for the east coast would have been good to where we could drive a couple hours to see them, anything would have been better then just a cold cancel with a sorry.
just know they will come back to the same area next time they tour.  not every band reschedules their shows.
Juan the problem is they WONT be coming back to this area for a very very long time.  According to their schedule, they're booked through summer in Europe and are set to be in the Pacific for Fall/Early Winter.  After that, they are looking to be back in the studio to record their next album.  Like michael said, unless they reschedule these shows, we will never get to see ATS World Tour, which is a shame for an entire section of the country to miss out on that.  Also, I know not every band reschedules, which is very understandable with venue restrictions, personal schedules, and other commitments, but Linkin Park has NEVER to my knowledge not rescheduled a canceled/postponed show.  This whole handling/silence on these shows just baffles me.  I've followed this band since my early teens in the Hybrid Theory days and have grown to love them and their new takes/style on music, but I have never seen them handle a tour situation this badly or coldly.  It makes me wonder if they have that same fire for touring or if they're getting to the stage in their careers/lives where they're just going through the motions and appeasing the record label.

Juan Quinonez said:
just know they will come back to the same area next time they tour.  not every band reschedules their shows.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service