Is Mike "FORCING" the other guys to do what he wants musically???

I have read with interest some of the points put forward by people regarding the new album...and I understand and respect both sides of the argument...but some people have been claiming that Mike has been manipulating the other Guys....particularly Chester...to sing/play the way HE wants them to sing!!!! Not entirely on board with this thinking...so was curious about your views on the score??? Do you think LP has become less about the guys as a band/unit and more about Mike Shinoda as an individual with a group behind him????

{Just to clarify....my opinion is that the guys chose to produce the music THEY wanted to...as a BAND}

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think Mike certainly is the leader of the group, he is for sure a very talented lyricist and musician. However, I do feel that the other members of the group contribute their fair share and I don't think any of them are afraid to air their thoughts and ideas. I personally feel that Chester is more than happy with the way his vocals have been recorded on ATS. Again, I am sure that if he was not happy, he would have put his point across. He is a strong charactered person, not afraid to put forward constructive ideas.
Eh, firstly, no one other than them actually knows what's going on there and any speculation is nothing more than fanfic in my opinion. Secondly, give the guys some credit. No one's forcing them to stay in the band, they're successful and if they wanted to they could leave the band and concentrate in their side projects.
Just so we are clear Open Your Eyes...this is NOT my opinion...just wondered what reaction it would have on you...the LP faithful...to read what some other people are saying.

I agree with my friend Dawn and strongly believe that NONE of the guys would be pushed around by any other member of LP....and when you listen to DBS it is clear that Chester is more than comfortable singing slow more emotional vocals and also the screaming side of his talents!!!

I do agree with you though...and I am hoping that other LP fans realise what you have said is the truth....the only people who know what is going on with the band is them!!! And i dont delude myself into thinking that if there was trouble within LP then certainly Chester would have walked away and be concentrating more on DBS.

Open Your Eyes said:
Eh, firstly, no one other than them actually knows what's going on there and any speculation is nothing more than fanfic in my opinion. Secondly, give the guys some credit. No one's forcing them to stay in the band, they're successful and if they wanted to they could leave the band and concentrate in their side projects.
Okay so this sounds familier to me. Usually it's just fanfic, but I know a band ran into a problem like this once. Billie Joe Armstrong was called a "Nazi" by his fellow band members, mostly because when you think of the band Green Day you think of Billie Joe-he's the lyricist, and lead singer so a lot of attention goes there.
But it always is only a little skirmish, and then gets resolved.
I honestly don't think that a band like Linkin Park would have these problems. ;-P if they all like the way they sound-great!
I actually share the opinion of others here, though Mike's influence is obvious in every song (which is understandable since he's basically the head and founder of LP), I think the rest of the boys have their own word and imprint on it, you can't miss Chester's vocals in "Blackout" or "Iridescent", can't miss Rob's drums & Phoenix's bass in "Waiting for the end" or "When they come for me" along with Mike's fantastic rap or Brad's guitar in "Wretches and Kings" along with Hahn's "action". I wouldn't think they'd come out with such a final result only with Mike's manipulation. LP is just about everyone involved in it.
For any creative person being the best you can be and sharing your creativity with others is what counts. You take other peoples opinions, likes and dislikes into consideration but ultimately if you are part of a group you blend all the ideas into something cohesive and try to let everyones influences show. I think in a group thats been around as long as they have ,with such strong personalities in it they wouldn't have had the success or longevity that they've had if one person was more dominant than the rest. I think they are just experimenting with a different sound you have to evolve or you stagnate. Lets face it people evolution works !!!!!!!
I totally agree. My impression is that the boys gather at the drawing board and share their idea's, then bring them to life with creative liberty, and routinely join back at the drawing bored and work togeather to creat something that is cohesive and that represents the unity of their group. Of course some songs are influenced by members more then others, but i see them as a team; it dosn't matter who scores a point because the team all contributed to the outcome.
If you want to know what Chester thinks, check out the latest Kerrang.
His own words sound a lot like he had more say about the direction of this album than Mike did.

Don't believe they hype, is all I can offer you.
Linkin Park are not sheepish followers of Mike Shinoda, despite outward appearances.
Totally agree Dex...and well put btw :)

Dex said:
If you want to know what Chester thinks, check out the latest Kerrang.
His own words sound a lot like he had more say about the direction of this album than Mike did.

Don't believe they hype, is all I can offer you.
Linkin Park are not sheepish followers of Mike Shinoda, despite outward appearances.
I definitely agree with Dawn.
Exactly. They are all adults. If they didn't agree with something, I'm certain they'd discuss it like the mature adults that they are and fix it.

Dawn Swales said:
I think Mike certainly is the leader of the group, he is for sure a very talented lyricist and musician. However, I do feel that the other members of the group contribute their fair share and I don't think any of them are afraid to air their thoughts and ideas. I personally feel that Chester is more than happy with the way his vocals have been recorded on ATS. Again, I am sure that if he was not happy, he would have put his point across. He is a strong charactered person, not afraid to put forward constructive ideas.
first of all,great question mate.
not read any replys yet but i assume they're on my line of thought.and that is that no one in the band is being forced to do anything they don't want to.
might be wrong,but i'm pretty sure everyone'd pleased with the finished product of ATS.
however,i'm also pretty sure i detected a constant sound of friction for about 80% of the album.
i've been told it's the sound of a certain Mr Brad Delson scratching his balls

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service