Hey No Fair!!!! How come Aussie gets LP and we - the best fans on the planet and you know we are, we have video recordings of you saying so  lol...... :) Kiwi's don't get to have you guys here in our beautiful Country, New Zealand, you promised to come back, we've waited and waited and waited.... please don't let it be another 7 years between concerts again!!!!  PLEASE COME HOME TO NEW ZEALAND in December 2010 too!!!!   

I know you'll be exhausted, and I know that you'll just want to be heading home after the hugh amount of concerts and traveling you'll have done by the time you get down here... however, what more of a beautiful place, probably the most beautiful in the world, to come to and relax for a few days before rocking it again with us, surely you could squeeze a couple of days maybe even 4 days, here to give us kiwi fans the big sound that is Linkin Park too!!!  You'll be home for Christmas too and by then you'll have made truck loads of dollars to afford coming to the smaller countries that perhaps don't make you so much, but at least still love your music and support your work... I've ended up with 5 different downloads of A Thousand Suns, if that ain't Fan worship, then dang I'm crazy.... oh wait, I am, have been and probably will always be!  LINKIN PARK you rock my world, Please oh Please, I've signed up with LPU each year, though for some reason I didn't get my LPU9 pack, still waiting... and have pre-signed up with LPUX - so come on - come and show us the goods!!!!!! lol....

Who's with me!!!! Kiwi Fans add your voice to this post and lets show the Guys how much they mean to us too!!!!!  Whooohoooooooo!!!!! 

LINKIN PARK!  LINKIN PARK!  LINKIN PARK!  LINKIN PARK!  LINKIN PARK!!  LINKIN PARK!  LINKIN PARK!!!  LINKIN PARK!  LINKIN PARK!  LINKIN PARK!! LINKIN PARK!  I CAN'T HEAR YOU - LOUDER KIWI FANS!!!! LINKIN PARK!  LINKIN PARK!  LINKIN PARK!!!  LINKIN PARK!  LINKIN PARK!!  LINKIN PARK!  LINKIN PARK!  LINKIN PARK!  LINKIN PARK!  LINKIN PARK!!  LINKIN PARK!  LINKIN PARK!!!  LINKIN PARK!  LINKIN PARK!  LINKIN PARK!!  LINKIN PARK!!!!!!!!

Tags: Kiwi, New, Zealand, fans, waited, we've

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

YYYEEEESSSSS... See there are more than a few of us kiwi's on the board here... Come on LP hear our humble, oh ok, loud screaming COME TO NEW ZEALAND chant!!!! It's only 3 hours via plane from Sydney, you'd be giving us the most wicked chrissie pressie and I have no doubt that the Kiwi fans would indeedy make your last concert before Christmas the best concert out... so I challenge you.... come and rock our little humble islands too! You know you want to!!!! whoohoooo!!!!!!
Hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm with you, they have just added another two dates to Australia all we are asking for is one tiny little show.

Summer down under at the beach, no snakes, spiders or stingy things in the water that want to kill you. I would even sacrifice my time, to give the LP boys an authentic Maori experience. If that's what it takes!!!

Last time they came, it was the best fricken concert I have ever been to! We will raise our voices and be heard.. We need to unite as one and maybe they will hear us...
Hey Donna, yeah we tried, but I guess they just don't wanna know. We got no reply to anything! We sure as hell don't have $2 billion floating around down here.
I do think that LP are just all talk really, I'm still a fan but I don't really like the attitude atm. I'm still riding high from Metallica and the fabulous attitude they have towards their fans. They obviously actually appreciate and value us. LP can learn a lot from them!
IF by a slight chance they do decide to come here I'll go, they did put on a damn good show in 07, you know, when they promised they'd be back.
I just don't get it, they sold out so fast, they put on a 2nd show and that sold out too, what the fuck is their goddam problem?! (sorry, just get a lil pissy with them atm O.o) :)

Donna Gardner said:
Hi Lindy,

Thanks for the food for thought, good point re why hasn't music for relief done anything for the Canterbury Earthquake victims.... LP aren't just Music for Relief, they are some of the front folk for it, they lend their name to the cause, however Music for Relief is also a whole bunch of other folk that make the decisions and do the actions... maybe you could drop them an email and suggest they become involved?.....

It isn't looking promising that they'll be swinging into NZ, but we can always live in hope.... and I believe in miracles for sure! lol....

oooooo Lindy - your human! And the band isn't meeting your needs at the mo... no biggie, it's good to get lil pissy with them if that's what you need to do... Thrilled you had an awesome experience with Metallica and still on the high from them, that's what music is all about! There's going to be times where a band will take you to an amazing high level and times that same band will leaving you thinking wtf!!! I know that when I heard A thousand Suns first time through it was definitly WTF, a thousand fold.... even though they warned us fans it isn't the old stuff, though sometimes, I wish they'd do some more of the old style... but things change, so does music and so do the fans.... an ever revolving door... or as Heidi Klum says, One day your in the next Your Out.... at the mo LP is in for me... who knows how long that will last, there is so much to listen to and choose from and I know for sure that one day I'll go, yeah nah, you just don't cut the mustard for me anymore with LP too... we evolve, sometimes with the band, sometimes away from the band.... And once I let go the attachment of my expectations and actually listen to the music, dang it hits some really strong chords for me at the mo!!! So I'm in at the mo....

It took weeks nope, to be honest - months for me to come down from the 07 LP Concert! Went to Meet N Greet in the first concert, number 3 in the line... then went to the 2nd concert, shouted a friend who really needed an awesome evening.... We didn't go for the Chris Connell part, just hung out and soaked up the vibes from all the other fans waiting for the main event... LP... even a bunch of sad emo kids and their dad next to us, didn't stop us from rockin out loud and proud! lol...

I guess the other thing to take into consideration is the huge amount of work in the background and into the lead up, that goes into getting these concerts happening... maybe the local promotor that did it last time doesn't want to be involved this time... maybe there is venue issues and a whole shite more stuff that us fans just aint awares of - that could be holding up the concert from happening, or maybe Lindy is right and they just don't care about us Kiwi's... I can't get to Aussie, too close to christmas trade for our business, and will just have to let go the expectations of seeing them live again... at the end of the day... I still love the music, I still love the band, and overall - as I kept saying miracles do happen and living in hope is always a good way to start the day and to end it too! :)

Hell - Jamie I'd come and join you in showing them the kiwi fun! Where do I sign up :) lol.... Totally agree, no worries here about something out to get you here, unless you class crazy obsessive Kiwi fans, they are unpredictable for sure, but really rare and most of us other kiwi's would keep the band safe for sure! :)

The absolute rare chance that any of the band is following the thread would also probably help our cause, but as stated often throughout the board, extremely rare and most likely not happening at all!!!! Still it's great to get to met fellow kiwi fans... and who knows.. there is still time for them to come and play... I check daily as the 07 was announced with short notice and the window to get the first tickets even more narrow, so hope gets to live another day! :)

Lindy said:
Hey Donna, yeah we tried, but I guess they just don't wanna know. We got no reply to anything! We sure as hell don't have $2 billion floating around down here.
I do think that LP are just all talk really, I'm still a fan but I don't really like the attitude atm. I'm still riding high from Metallica and the fabulous attitude they have towards their fans. They obviously actually appreciate and value us. LP can learn a lot from them!
IF by a slight chance they do decide to come here I'll go, they did put on a damn good show in 07, you know, when they promised they'd be back.
I just don't get it, they sold out so fast, they put on a 2nd show and that sold out too, what the fuck is their goddam problem?! (sorry, just get a lil pissy with them atm O.o) :)

why the hell do the bloody aussie get every thing we are a better country they know it

Come on guys come back to the best place on earth
I know 7 concerts in Aussie... totally sux when though we are a small country, we dang well know how to rock out the concerts!!!! Besides we're just as dedicated.... I live in eternal hope.... :) We're getting alot of the other big names coming over and sharing their love for their fans with us, so what'z up LP? Surely you can make a few thousand kiwi's christmas by sharing the love for your fans here with us too!?????

joseph cooper said:
why the hell do the bloody aussie get every thing we are a better country they know it

Come on guys come back to the best place on earth
If LP are willing to pay $200000 to come to NZ, I will go out and spend $22.99 (itunes) and buy a Linkin Park album!!!
Okay everyone who is a kiwi and has read this discussion....

The Edge is doing a "Twitition" to try show the love and get the worlds best band here to NZ!!!

Go to http://twitition.com/ajnub and sign up!!!!
WICKED and Thanks so much for posting this signed and posted on my face book page and other places tooooo come on Kiwi's lets get the boys home!!!! YAY!!!!!

Ally S said:
Okay everyone who is a kiwi and has read this discussion....

The Edge is doing a "Twitition" to try show the love and get the worlds best band here to NZ!!!

Go to http://twitition.com/ajnub and sign up!!!!

I must say, I am appalled at the way Linkin Park seems to be avoiding New Zealand. What, have you guys got something against us? Do you not have time for us? Do you not care about a country with but a few million people?

Sadly I missed their 2007 performance as I was committed to work, and had to choose between them and the Blindspott final tour. Thats right, I have never seen Linkin Park live, and they are my favourite band. BUT, if they don't come back soon, that status will change.

For those who are too full of RAGE to realise, Mike has Japanese ethnicity, hence the japanese relief thing. I personally wouldn't expect them to contribute to the Christchurch relief, though a concert would be nice for once in half a decade. Stuff Dorkland, come to the garden... or should I say shaky city. I think that is the LEAST they can do!

I love linkin Park and it's music, but I am rapidly losing respect for them as a result of this ongoing boycott.

We have had Metallica, and within 24 hours I will be going to see Disturbed. Where are you guys hiding?

Hey Ryan,

Hope you had a wicked time with Disturbed as I'm sure you did!

I've lost interest and can't be bothered in being appalled any more or in trying to get them to come to NZ to do a live concert now... probably won't happen and even if it did.... probably would be too expensive... as for flying to Aussie to see them in concert, hey I can think of better ways to spend huge amounts of money that it would cost to go and see them in one concert...  like I know, give the money to the Christchurch Earthquake appeal...  :D

Perhaps not having them come has made me a little cynical towards them... for me it appears, they seem to only want the BIG gigs now, where 100k + folk squeeze in to scream their hearts out... lucky bas#$@ds indeed and hey good on them for getting that amount of fans!!!  However, small countries like us - we get to loose out cause of our size, distance to get here and the lesser amounts of people they can get to buy the out priced tickets!  I guess, I shall just cherish the memory of their 2007 visit and remember to not get my hopes up of them being back before another 10 years or just cause they're in Aussie doesn't mean they are coming here!....  though I guess if I start putting $2 away each week, from now till when they do finally get around to coming back to us.... I might be able to afford going to see them in Auckland... :P

They were my fav band... at the moment I have a void.... will they refill it... at this rate I doubt it... YES, their music is the best, however, it's not just about the music that makes fans of a band, it's the bands appreciation and support to their fans and hey Linkin Park is definitely out there for the fans in large population areas, I get it.. and before all the other "fans" start throwing their "yada yada" comments... Yes, I'm whinging - get over it... the truth is Linkin Park had an opportunity to follow through with their words "We will be back to New Zealand sooner than the last time" (Yeah Right!  would make a great Tui ad I feel!  lol ) and "We love playing here" when they did 9 concerts in Aussie, we waited with baited breathe for a hop over to NZ... (3hours from Sydney) but nope.... no reasons, or comments for the kiwi fans, nothing... NZ just isn't important to them.... however, I'm guessing money possibly also dictates for them to play in more denser populations, that they know they have large numbers of fans and can make the most money from... USA, Germany, Japan, UK/Europe, now China, and won't be surprised if we see Aussie joining that list now... and then the occasional visit elsewhere , as that's where the large collection of fans are & not here in little ole NZ....  Though that doesn't seem to stop all the other BIGGER named Artists doing Kiwi Concerts.... 

I've stopped torturing myself - no longer watching live concert videos/feeds, as I sooo know how awesome and wicked their concerts are, they give it their all, without a doubt, but to have to see every other country having the fun and us missing out each time they tour.... yeah... not fun!

As for Christchurch Earthquake, perhaps it's because, we're not a 3rd world country or we didn't have thousands of folk killed for them to get any publicity out of it, so why bother?  Also they've probably forgotten that NZ exists?  Opps was that a little to harsh?  Soooo sorry however, did the Christchurch Kiwi fans hear anything.... far as I'm aware... nope, not a peep out of the band or so called Music for Relief to let us know that they know - just this lovely static silence....  Appreciate Mike's Japanese ethnicity and appreciate that they are doing something for Japan at least...... 

I've said before and I still do.... I believe in miracles.... though I've learnt not to hold my breath on this one.... lol... if they come to NZ whoohooo if they don't well at least I won't be disappointed huh.... :D

LP if you want to get back in touch with your roots and want to do small venue playing, New Zealand will always be here...  You could just pretend your in a Apple Store doing a concert :D  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service