I just watched the Metallica DVD S&M and also read about Deep Purple's Concert in the Albert hall back in 1999. Both these concerts had the element of an orchestra big band accompanying the bands' songs.

Having heard a lot of Linkin Park's songs and their recent album Living Things, I was wondering if Linkin Park could do the same. Granted, it's not an original idea, but very few rock bands have done such a thing and there's no harm in Linkin Park joining that elite group.

This would be my set-list

1. Intro/From The Inside
2. Somewhere I Belong
3. What I've Done
4. Faint
5. Castle of Glass
6. I'll Be Gone
7. Numb
8. Breaking The Habit
9. In Between
10. Until It Breaks/Waiting for the End
11. Valentine's Day
12. The Little Things Give You Away
13. The Catalyst
14. Leave Out All The Rest/Shadow of The Day/Iridescent
15. Roads Untraveled
16. Powerless
17. Hands Held High/Crawling
18. In The End
19. A Place for My Head( watch the rock in Rio 2012 performance, remove the intro and add symphonic elements. Perfect Closer)

(Note that I haven't added One Step Closer, Papercut, Burn It Down, Don't Stay, No More Sorrow and Lost In The Echo because they're just too energetic for symphonic accompaniments. Need I say more about other tracks like Victimized and Given Up??)

The purpose of this thread is to hear your thoughts on the same; why it would be a good idea (and if so, your preferred set list), whether its a waste of time, or if the band needs to put out more material before attempting it.

Tags: Linkin, Orchestra, Park, Setlist

Views: 190

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, that would indeed be awesome. Mike and Joe Trapanese could orchestrate it - not only have they worked together previously, but Joe has just done some orchestration work on Moby song (so he has experience of orchestrating for pop/contemporary acts). David Campbell would be another possible candidate that they've previously worked with.

I've always thought this would be a good idea for Linkin Park to do at some point. I'd agree with a lot of your setlist suggestions (From The Inside would be amazing with an orchestra, as an intro). I would actually include Papercut - it has a small orchestral elements in the final chorus anyway and the finale of that song ("The sun goes down...") is, in my opinion, too big and too much of a classic, fan-favourite moment in Linkin Park history not to include and stick an orchestra behind!

Also, in addition to Mike's "Until It Breaks" verse, I would also include one or two more spots for Mike to rap some old Linkin Park or Fort Minor verses (similar to what he's done previously with Points Of Authority and Bleed It Out). Just a beat that rumbles the venue, Mike's verse, and some light orchestration.

New Divide might be cool with an orchestra too.

Would definitely be cool!

Michael Macdonald said:

Yes, that would indeed be awesome. Mike and Joe Trapanese could orchestrate it - not only have they worked together previously, but Joe has just done some orchestration work on Moby song (so he has experience of orchestrating for pop/contemporary acts). David Campbell would be another possible candidate that they've previously worked with.

I've always thought this would be a good idea for Linkin Park to do at some point. I'd agree with a lot of your setlist suggestions (From The Inside would be amazing with an orchestra, as an intro). I would actually include Papercut - it has a small orchestral elements in the final chorus anyway and the finale of that song ("The sun goes down...") is, in my opinion, too big and too much of a classic, fan-favourite moment in Linkin Park history not to include and stick an orchestra behind!

Also, in addition to Mike's "Until It Breaks" verse, I would also include one or two more spots for Mike to rap some old Linkin Park or Fort Minor verses (similar to what he's done previously with Points Of Authority and Bleed It Out). Just a beat that rumbles the venue, Mike's verse, and some light orchestration.

New Divide might be cool with an orchestra too.

Would definitely be cool!

Include your preferred setlist. But do you think they need to put out more material before they attempt something like this>

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service