Dear LP,
Your album hybrid theory was the very frist i bought at the age of 10, im now 21 and am sad to see youve fallen SO far, admittedly after meteora things have been going down hill but after hearing some of your material from A thousand suns i have to say that im done with your music. You sold out, you had edge, an original sound and great lyrics, all you have left is decent lyrics...I understand the need for a band to branch out and look for new sounds, but this isnt that, its reinvention into mainstream RnB/techno and its gay... Forgive my rant but it saddens me to see an original band, and the band who introduced me to rock music no less, with a great sound get progressively worse and finally hit the bottom
X_X
R.I.P. Linkin Park,
A Dissapointed fan

Tags: A Thousand suns, New music, Sold out

Views: 1883

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I'm sorry the album isn't to your liking.

Linkin Park don't really come here, the liklihood of them seeing this is pretty low.
If you want to know for sure that they got your message, you may write to them here:

Linkin Park
The Collective
8383 Wilshire Blvd.
Suite 1050
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
USA

or

Linkin Park
Machine Shop Recordings, Llc.
P.O. Box 36915
Los Angeles, CA 90036
USA

Or you could try leaving a comment on one of the band's pages, or Mike Shinoda's blog.
There is no guarentee, however, that they will be able to read it, especially considering they are touring and promoting the album right now.
In general, only other fans like yourself are reading this forum :)

I 100% agree with the OP. Linkin Park is a completely different band, witch makes me sad. I feel as if they don't deserve to call themselves "Linkin Park" anymore.

Bands like LP were one of the main reasons I got into heavy music in the first place. I was realtively happy with Meteora, but as soon as I finished listening to Minutes to Midnight, I was very disappointed.

I don't even care if LP doesn't read this, I'm just happy I'm not the only one who feels this way.

RIP OG LP

PS - to those who say that change is a natural thing, yes I agree. But this isn't the same thing. LP changed their music from a rebellious type of hard rock of a soft Coldplay-like genre. That's not natural.

Dex said:
I'm sorry the album isn't to your liking.

Linkin Park don't really come here, the liklihood of them seeing this is pretty low.
If you want to know for sure that they got your message, you may write to them here:

Linkin Park
The Collective
8383 Wilshire Blvd.
Suite 1050
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
USA

or

Linkin Park
Machine Shop Recordings, Llc.
P.O. Box 36915
Los Angeles, CA 90036
USA

Or you could try leaving a comment on one of the band's pages, or Mike Shinoda's blog.
There is no guarentee, however, that they will be able to read it, especially considering they are touring and promoting the album right now.
In general, only other fans like yourself are reading this forum :)

I guess I would say, we as people don't tend to stay rebellious forever, which is I think probably a good thing, 'cos constant rebellion would probably just end up getting us all stomach ulcers ;) So I think it kind of is natural that LP would create less rebellious music as they went along, and I'm glad of it because it's nice for things not to always remain the same. And I would hardly call 'Blackout' soft Coldplay-like music! :D :D ;P

Anyway, have a nice one :)
CJ said:

PS - to those who say that change is a natural thing, yes I agree. But this isn't the same thing. LP changed their music from a rebellious type of hard rock of a soft Coldplay-like genre. That's not natural.
I could easily post a counter rant to this explaining why Linkin park has took this great direction and why there are a few people like steve here who have a immature view about it but their's a simple response to posts or talks like this, dont like the music? dont talk about it and just move on with your life and listen to music that suits your fancy.
Where's the popcorn when you need it...

i couldn't agree more after all there success in hybrid theory and meteroa they had some of my favorite songs they almost kicked out mike shinoda chester doesn't even scream anymore i know he had surgery on his throat but that doesn't mean he still cant sing like a true ROCK band would they turned there back on their true fans

Reanimation for LIVING THINGS
Download:
Linkin Park - Burn it down (Hann with Gun remix)
Linkin Park - Crawling (Hann with Gun remix)
RAR: goo.gl/Xtqo7
ZIP: goo.gl/q3fOv

Reanimation for LIVING THINGS
Download:
Linkin Park - Burn it down (Hann with Gun remix)
Linkin Park - Crawling (Hann with Gun remix)
RAR: goo.gl/Xtqo7
ZIP: goo.gl/q3fOv

Attachments:

i agree.LP are dead they are done.but i have no idea why you post this .LP dont give a fck what their fans think about them.they was real between 2000-2006 and thats it.then they became soft and shitty band.every other band that wants to evolve wants to make harder and heavier music not softer and shitter.sry LP but im done with you too.

Damn, so many people who don't understand the concept of being true artist.
Yes they changed their style, but what if they made the same style albums for 12 years , they would become mainstream and overused just like every pop-band. You gotta give them credit for making new style's and trying to prove everyone that they can change and improve.

They didn't make any new style. I'm sick of seeing people say that they did something never done before.

Another example of someone upset because their idols aren't made of stone. Seriously? They were supposed to sound the same after over 10 years? Quit bitching. Appealing to what sells and what whiny fans want is selling out. Just because their songs expanded to something deeper than a song for someone to play when a relationship isn't going right is a plus in my book. I believe they have developed, expanded and matured as artists. And glad they did, instead of being stuck in the past.

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service