LINKIN PARK NEW ALBUM IN 2011 ?

Chester Bennington (accessallareas.net) :

AccessAllAreas: Looking ahead to 2011, what is on the horizon for Linkin Park? Will there be a possible live DVD from this world tour?
Chester Bennington: I don’t know. We haven’t really discussed anything like that, we’re really more focused on performing these shows and putting on a great live show and really focused on working on our next album. We tend to be pretty spontaneous with what we do, so if there is a live dvd or something to give something to our fans, something that they’ll like… I think we’re always trying to do something for our fans and give them more than just a record and a chance to see use live.You never know. But I think what we’re really looking forward to most in the coming year is putting out another record. 

http://www.accessallareas.net.au/blogs/EkApuZlEpyQWlrAxjH.php

Mike Shinoda:

A big shout out to Avid for the new ProTools 9 software.  This is the first time ProTools has ever been this portable, and we love it.  Phoenix and I made a demo on the 10 minute drive to the venue tonight using my laptop, PT9, an AKAI MPK Mini, and Kontakt (by Native Instruments).

http://mikeshinoda.com/2011/01/22/linkin-parks-new-studio-video/

Billboard.com (14.1.2011) :

Linkin Park Feels 'Energized' to Write New Music on the Road

As it prepares for the Jan. 20 launch of its "A Thousand Suns" tour in North America, Linkin Park is hoping to do some songwriting on the road and perhaps bring out its next album sooner rather than later.

"I like we're where at right now," the group's Mike Shinoda said during a conference call with reporters. "Creatively I feel like the band is really energized...We are really trying to get focused on getting in the studio as often as possible...It's definitely on our minds that we want to be trying to write as much as we can."

And, Shinoda added, he expects some of that process will take place while the sextet is together on tour.

"We're always writing," he notes. "I think we benefit from the fact that the music recording and writing technology has gotten so compact and so easy to carry around in your laptop. I keep getting emails from the guys in the band saying, 'Hey, you want to get together and write some stuff? What are you up to? Are you bringing your gear on the road?' I expect on this next run they'll be knocking on my hotel door looking to collaborate on some ideas. It's definitely a creative time for us; hopefully that means the next record is in the words."

"A Thousand Suns," which has sold 630,000 copies since its release last September, according to Nielsen SoundScan, is Linkin Park's first studio set since the double-platinum "Minutes To Midnight" in 2007, and the band has habitually taken three or four years between releases. But Shinoda says a four-month gap between the end of the North American tour and Linkin Park's next show indicates how serious the group is about getting its next album in gear.

"It's not like 12 months of straight touring, like it used to be," he explains. "It's more like write and tour, then write and tour. It's nice to be able to get into the studio in the middle of a cycle...go home and write a little bit. It just keeps it more fresh on my mind."

And while Linkin Park's breaks allowed Shinoda and Chester Bennington to delve into solo projects such as Fort Minor and Dead By Sunrise, respectively, neither feels the pull of those external endeavors anymore. 

"When I started writing the music for Dead By Sunrise, I felt like they were stylistically outside (the band's) box," Bennington said. "I don't have that problem anymore. I don't have that feeling [of], 'Is this right or is this wrong for the LP?' Honestly, anything goes. What we're doing now in the studio, over the last two records, is completely fulfilling in every way. I feel like I could come in with a banjo piece and sing some honky tonk and we'll probably figure out a way to make it work."

Shinoda added, "It's a good feeling to know the other ideas we have, these kind of off-the-wall things, not only are they accepted now but they're welcomed, and the whole band is excited about them."

Linkin Park is continuing several of its other endeavors during the upcoming tour. A dollar from each ticket is being donated to the group's Music For Relief charity, and bassist Dave "Phoenix" Farrell is traveling to Haiti prior to the tour to investigate how the money is being used. They've also relaunched the Download to Donate for Haiti program to commemorate the one-year anniversary of the earthquake and are providing a free, downloadable recording of each concert for each ticket buyer.

And, Bennington said, the band is "totally looking into" 3-D technology for future use in videos and web site offerings. "It's exciting, and it's so accessible and it's good," Bennington noted. "It's not 'Jaws 3-D' when I was a teenager, which was absolutely...stupid. There's so much good stuff that can come out of that, so, yeah, we're looking at that for sure." Added Shinoda: "It's like a new tool in your tool box. It's a new toy to play with."

Views: 23261

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They couldn't release an album al ready, if so it wouldn't be very good in short deadline but that is my opinion however. Though lets not forget there on like a World Tour to at the moment. You must give them time, i heard there releasing one in 2012, i would believe that, because 2 years is enough for Linkin Park to make a great album. I loved A Thousand Suns, it's there most intelligent album lyrically, the metaphors and techniques they used in there music was great, Chester really proved himself. Though hopefully they can do the same with this next album. Though i'll give them all the support i can, If LP can construct an album this year and it be a classic as usual then that would be remarkable. The average Rock album takes 2-3 years to construct.

Though i reckon LP will take at least 2 years to construct this.

@Sloth: I completely agree with you, in all the the things you've said

I really didn't like A Thousand Suns the only song I like Was The Catalyst, I think they should go back to their roots with a new cd like Hybrid Theory and Meteora they just aren't LP to me with this new stuff Chester needs to bring the Lip ring back. XD

try waiting for the end
in my opinion if Linkin Park mixed their old stuff with their new stuff it would be a pretty great album
YEAH!!!! That would be amizing

Brad West said:
in my opinion if Linkin Park mixed their old stuff with their new stuff it would be a pretty great album
Blackout was a pretty good example the old and the new together ROCKS!

Javi LinkinPark Mike Shinoda said:
YEAH!!!! That would be amizing

Brad West said:
True! I wonder how that will sound like =D

Brad West said:
SHIUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! ALL OF YOU ARE FUCKING IDIOTS.A thousand suns Fucking sucked ass! Minutes to minutes to midnight was not much more impressive either. They need to get their fucking heads out of their asses and start making music that they are good at like hybrid theory and meteora. They just plain suck now and there is nothing else to be said. Its pathetic and complete bullshit! They've gone mainstream and its fucking depressing. I swear I was about to puke halfway threw the catalyst.

EXCEPT FOR YOU.

Jared Johnson said:

I really didn't like A Thousand Suns the only song I like Was The Catalyst, I think they should go back to their roots with a new cd like Hybrid Theory and Meteora they just aren't LP to me with this new stuff Chester needs to bring the Lip ring back. XD

How are we fucking idiots at least we still like LP, If you like the old LP than listen to the old LP you don't have to listen to their new stuff. If you don't like them than get the fuck off LP.com than. Go puke some where else.

Dylan Man said:
SHIUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! ALL OF YOU ARE FUCKING IDIOTS.A thousand suns Fucking sucked ass! Minutes to minutes to midnight was not much more impressive either. They need to get their fucking heads out of their asses and start making music that they are good at like hybrid theory and meteora. They just plain suck now and there is nothing else to be said. Its pathetic and complete bullshit! They've gone mainstream and its fucking depressing. I swear I was about to puke halfway threw the catalyst.

YEAH hybrid theory was way better

Jared Johnson said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service