LINKIN PARK NEW ALBUM IN 2011 ?

Chester Bennington (accessallareas.net) :

AccessAllAreas: Looking ahead to 2011, what is on the horizon for Linkin Park? Will there be a possible live DVD from this world tour?
Chester Bennington: I don’t know. We haven’t really discussed anything like that, we’re really more focused on performing these shows and putting on a great live show and really focused on working on our next album. We tend to be pretty spontaneous with what we do, so if there is a live dvd or something to give something to our fans, something that they’ll like… I think we’re always trying to do something for our fans and give them more than just a record and a chance to see use live.You never know. But I think what we’re really looking forward to most in the coming year is putting out another record. 

http://www.accessallareas.net.au/blogs/EkApuZlEpyQWlrAxjH.php

Mike Shinoda:

A big shout out to Avid for the new ProTools 9 software.  This is the first time ProTools has ever been this portable, and we love it.  Phoenix and I made a demo on the 10 minute drive to the venue tonight using my laptop, PT9, an AKAI MPK Mini, and Kontakt (by Native Instruments).

http://mikeshinoda.com/2011/01/22/linkin-parks-new-studio-video/

Billboard.com (14.1.2011) :

Linkin Park Feels 'Energized' to Write New Music on the Road

As it prepares for the Jan. 20 launch of its "A Thousand Suns" tour in North America, Linkin Park is hoping to do some songwriting on the road and perhaps bring out its next album sooner rather than later.

"I like we're where at right now," the group's Mike Shinoda said during a conference call with reporters. "Creatively I feel like the band is really energized...We are really trying to get focused on getting in the studio as often as possible...It's definitely on our minds that we want to be trying to write as much as we can."

And, Shinoda added, he expects some of that process will take place while the sextet is together on tour.

"We're always writing," he notes. "I think we benefit from the fact that the music recording and writing technology has gotten so compact and so easy to carry around in your laptop. I keep getting emails from the guys in the band saying, 'Hey, you want to get together and write some stuff? What are you up to? Are you bringing your gear on the road?' I expect on this next run they'll be knocking on my hotel door looking to collaborate on some ideas. It's definitely a creative time for us; hopefully that means the next record is in the words."

"A Thousand Suns," which has sold 630,000 copies since its release last September, according to Nielsen SoundScan, is Linkin Park's first studio set since the double-platinum "Minutes To Midnight" in 2007, and the band has habitually taken three or four years between releases. But Shinoda says a four-month gap between the end of the North American tour and Linkin Park's next show indicates how serious the group is about getting its next album in gear.

"It's not like 12 months of straight touring, like it used to be," he explains. "It's more like write and tour, then write and tour. It's nice to be able to get into the studio in the middle of a cycle...go home and write a little bit. It just keeps it more fresh on my mind."

And while Linkin Park's breaks allowed Shinoda and Chester Bennington to delve into solo projects such as Fort Minor and Dead By Sunrise, respectively, neither feels the pull of those external endeavors anymore. 

"When I started writing the music for Dead By Sunrise, I felt like they were stylistically outside (the band's) box," Bennington said. "I don't have that problem anymore. I don't have that feeling [of], 'Is this right or is this wrong for the LP?' Honestly, anything goes. What we're doing now in the studio, over the last two records, is completely fulfilling in every way. I feel like I could come in with a banjo piece and sing some honky tonk and we'll probably figure out a way to make it work."

Shinoda added, "It's a good feeling to know the other ideas we have, these kind of off-the-wall things, not only are they accepted now but they're welcomed, and the whole band is excited about them."

Linkin Park is continuing several of its other endeavors during the upcoming tour. A dollar from each ticket is being donated to the group's Music For Relief charity, and bassist Dave "Phoenix" Farrell is traveling to Haiti prior to the tour to investigate how the money is being used. They've also relaunched the Download to Donate for Haiti program to commemorate the one-year anniversary of the earthquake and are providing a free, downloadable recording of each concert for each ticket buyer.

And, Bennington said, the band is "totally looking into" 3-D technology for future use in videos and web site offerings. "It's exciting, and it's so accessible and it's good," Bennington noted. "It's not 'Jaws 3-D' when I was a teenager, which was absolutely...stupid. There's so much good stuff that can come out of that, so, yeah, we're looking at that for sure." Added Shinoda: "It's like a new tool in your tool box. It's a new toy to play with."

Views: 23265

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

LINKIN PARKS OLD STUFF IS WAY BETTER THAN A THOUSAND SUNS

Justyn Jelovich said:
How are we fucking idiots at least we still like LP, If you like the old LP than listen to the old LP you don't have to listen to their new stuff. If you don't like them than get the fuck off LP.com than. Go puke some where else.

Dylan Man said:
SHIUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! ALL OF YOU ARE FUCKING IDIOTS.A thousand suns Fucking sucked ass! Minutes to minutes to midnight was not much more impressive either. They need to get their fucking heads out of their asses and start making music that they are good at like hybrid theory and meteora. They just plain suck now and there is nothing else to be said. Its pathetic and complete bullshit! They've gone mainstream and its fucking depressing. I swear I was about to puke halfway threw the catalyst.
Nu Metal fanboys......
I have thought the same thing, it should be called Reanimation 2.0

Brad West said:
in my opinion if Linkin Park mixed their old stuff with their new stuff it would be a pretty great album

i agree wid Brad west :)

Cause you encourage this terrible music. ^Thats why. You don't like Linkin park. You like some pussy ass mainstream band that now calls themselves linkin park. And i obviously like Linkin Park if I'm taking time to post this. So why don't "you" fuck off and go listen to the catalyst alone in your room.....

Dylan mounsey said:
LINKIN PARKS OLD STUFF IS WAY BETTER THAN A THOUSAND SUNS

Justyn Jelovich said:
How are we fucking idiots at least we still like LP, If you like the old LP than listen to the old LP you don't have to listen to their new stuff. If you don't like them than get the fuck off LP.com than. Go puke some where else.

Dylan Man said:
SHIUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! ALL OF YOU ARE FUCKING IDIOTS.A thousand suns Fucking sucked ass! Minutes to minutes to midnight was not much more impressive either. They need to get their fucking heads out of their asses and start making music that they are good at like hybrid theory and meteora. They just plain suck now and there is nothing else to be said. Its pathetic and complete bullshit! They've gone mainstream and its fucking depressing. I swear I was about to puke halfway threw the catalyst.
haha!. HT, Meteora and MTM were way, way better... I hate when someone say:,, If you hate LP then go and fuck of, listen to other bands, go off LP.com, or something like that.'' People who say that are mother*****rs! Why? Becouse, they think if they love LP unconditionally and without excaptions then they are real fans!  A real fan must be a person who criticize the band when he think they got a wrong direction!

I know, that every real fan of LP, deep in hiself is feeling like me, i know, i know!!! I know that everyone would like LP to produce more powerful songs, with meaningful lyrics, but you'll never say that, becouse you think you are smart and the best if you shut you mouths! Why?Explain to me?

Sorry for bad english! ;) I'm a fifteen years old boy...And i'm just studying English in highschool now :)

Well I remember from the DVD in A Thousand Suns Mike saying that rather than writing an album, tourning, then coming back and starting on a blank canvas, they are writing all the time and when they have a collection of stuff that feels like an album, they will process it for release. 

I would love an new album in 2011, but I hope its the back end of 2011 with a single mid year because it would just feel too...rushed. We waited for 3 years for ATS after MTM and we got three singles in that tine, New Divide, Blackbirds and Not Alone all of which were good, well polished singles, and the new album was also just as well made and polished,

well i guess it is proved that everyone likes something else... i like the old and new albums from lp, cause i believe in them. yeah, sure, the old songs had more power, but i think in a thousand suns they really showed what they are capable of. i am a LP fan for 4 years now and i still listen nothing else, so i really think that a new album, with old style power, and new style songs would be great. btw, waiting for the end and iridescent was SUPURB!! really liked them, and still do!

ps, a cooler album art would be a nice extra :D

m8, I completly agree with you and Dylan... I loved HT, Meteora and MTM. I remember back in the day when my uncle brought Hybrid Theory to me, I was 7 years old... man I knew linkin park is my life when I heard Brad slaming that guitar, that nu metal sound! I HAVE SPENT DAYS LISTENING TO THAT, DAYS!!! I was really amazed by Meteora and Minutes but thousand suns was just disappointing. When I listend to it I felt bad for Brad and his skills. Chester has better voice now, but he is just not using  it now to it's full potential in my opinion. I still belive that their new album will be HYBRID THEORY (Listen what Brad said)... And people, if you are linkin park fan and you are encouraging their music even if you don't like it, please DON'T do it. LP is really clever and bright band and they will take any kind of criticism for good. I still believe in you LP, don't disappoint me.

haha!. HT, Meteora and MTM were way, way better... I hate when someone say:,, If you hate LP then go and fuck of, listen to other bands, go off LP.com, or something like that.'' People who say that are mother*****rs! Why? Becouse, they think if they love LP unconditionally and without excaptions then they are real fans!  A real fan must be a person who criticize the band when he think they got a wrong direction!

I know, that every real fan of LP, deep in hiself is feeling like me, i know, i know!!! I know that everyone would like LP to produce more powerful songs, with meaningful lyrics, but you'll never say that, becouse you think you are smart and the best if you shut you mouths! Why?Explain to me?

Sorry for bad english! ;) I'm a fifteen years old boy...And i'm just studying English in highschool now :)

I am hoping a new album most likely REANIMATION and A THOUSAND SUNS but it should be different..

And again a song like the SHADOW OF THE DAY..

i find linkin park is still one of the best bands around, their music on the latest album a thousand suns changed a bit but music is changing everyday they must follow the flow or lose fan base i've loved them from their very first album and still now they never fail to give us a good show and new stuff with their music, those of you who dis them should get a life and just try for a second to write briliant music like chester and mike write, you can't and you're jealous of them that's why you dis their music. a thousand suns yes changed from their last album but it has something for everyone from soft music "the messenger" to hard screaming music"blackout" but as for me every song speaks to me says things i'm unable to and i thank you guys for that, i hope you keep writing for more years to come we need song writers like you not people afraid of their own shadows and won't try to bend the law a bit, i just hope you guys come back to montreal sometime soon and i will be able to go see you this time...everyone stop hating and embrace the talented men who brought us this music these words we are all unable to say but think to ourselves....thank you linkin park and keep up the good work

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service