I'm sorry but the new Linkin Park songs are the worst sounding piece of GARBAGE I EVER HEARD! What happen to them? They use to be great but now there music sounds like someone wasted ten seconds to put it together. They should be ashamed of themselves. I truly hope that this album is just a joke and they will release a real album this year. I WOULD NEVER WASTE MY MONEY ON THIS ALBUM!!!!! I wouldn't even take it if someone gave it to me for free. 

Views: 10428

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I'm a bit disapointed by the fact that they are tired of what they did ! This is more sad to me then the last CD!
With that in mind, i cannot hope that one day it's gonna blow again.

I would have been happy with A Thousand Sun, if that was an expermimental album but with Minutes To Mindnight behind it, it's clear that it's a slow downhill to a more techno hip hop style. It would have been nice to had all thoses mix of style together !

Listening to the it, make me realize that Brad is no longer usefull !, hahaha well, they need him if they had plan to sang a couple of their old stuff, but it's not like it had some effect on him, cause in the video of "Waiting For the end" shoot in NY he's smilling behind a keyboard.

So for A thousand Sun i'll give a 7/10, cause the songs are good but it sad that it's LP who made it. MOBY should have made it !

I love Wretches and Kings cause it the louder one, .... with no guitar ! sad

F.
Watch the DVD and you'll see why Mike messed this one up.
In my opinion, this album may made someone moody coz of the changing of style or sound. But if we're open our mind and deep listen, this album show the new trend of sound and music. They can mix between Rock and R&B. Like the time before that they mix between Rock & Hiphop. Please, if you're Linkin Park real fan. Support them to produce the new stuff. May be this will be the evolution of music.
im surprised this has gone really far and i taught i was the only one who didnt like the album...LP needs to stop trying so hard and just do it like they use to,they have changed everything,just look at the way they dress now...i am dissapointed really and a word of advice to LP dont forget where u guys came from u guys are the best so be the fucking best...
Well, I really didn't lose respect for LP. It's just sad that they overmixed everything up. The sound really is not the usual LP sound. They ventured too far from their style (if there is any since they always change). I thought after Meteora, M2M will be sounding like Breaking the Habit. It kinda did on Valentines Day and Leave out all the Rest. It turned good, some songs are not really related to each other.

As I've said in my earlier post, the lyrics is the gem here, it carried the album, but the music is totally lost. Remember, music is not just about the lyrics. Just don't forget the damn basic instruments for crying out loud. I've listened to the album again and it seems the lead guitar and bass guitar where all drowned by random scratching machine-like sound.

This Blackout song makes me want to throw a f*cking grenade in my neighbor's house because that song sounds really really terrible. This When They Come for Me really pushed their limits and the weakest of all the songs.

LP can do better than this, just don't make us f*cking wait for another 30 years before you make a come back album.
Totally agreed, man. Look at Red Hot Chilli Peppers. Someone tell me if their lyrics for most of their songs have deep meaning. Most of their songs are just phrases and random words, rhyming words, but not really logically sounding ones. Some of their lyrics made no sense. Can't Stop. Otherside. By the Way. Dosed. Scar Tissue. I can list more if you want me to. Lyrics made no sense but the arrangement of their music made their album a huge hit. Why? Because of the notes, the tempo, the beats and the instruments they are using. People saying that "there is a deeper meaning in these songs" are just those people in denial of what had happened to LP's music. Lyrically there are meanings, some shallow some made no sense, some are deep and eye opening. But who cares about the lyrics if the sounds make your ears get torn apart because there are too much going on in the music?

I'm still disappointed with the album though.

Ri James said:
I haven't been on the linkin park forum/website since I was 13. I am now 19. I decided to sign up because it's been 2 days of me listening to their new album, a thousand suns. I thought Minutes to Midnight was pretty bad and strayed so far from what LP used to sound like. Which is okay if that was their goal, but that is not what I, the consumer and Fan wanted. So after LP changed their sound slightly in Minutes to Midnight I decided to not waste any more money and just listen to their next album, a thousand suns, on youtube. I am very happy I did so because it is not worth my money. To show the band how disappointed I am I am not supporting them any longer. Whoever said bands don't have to cater to us are correct. They do what they want, but they must understand it comes with consequences. A totally different fanbase and a decreased fan base as well. As for "open your mind, there's a deep meaning in these songs." That is bullshit to a lot of people. You MAY see meaning which is totally dependent upon your thought process and experiences in life, and other people don't see shit. There is nothing there for me. And 90% of the generation don't listen to songs for meaning, they listen to the sexy beats and flow and they want to move. They don't want to sit and ponder and reflect. I don't mind doing both honestly, but LP did not deliver any of this. The album is a deer in headlights.
I found it funny that someone said that there music has matured....I guess maybe it has matured...the way milk matures till it's rotten. This Album is by far the worse they have ever come up with. I feel they have gotten so high up on the pedestal that they no longer care about what there fans think. The ones who made them what they are, the ones that bought and loved there first two and even liked mtm, because it kinda remind them of who they once were. Now all they seem to care about is what they think is good what they deem is better, and f what everyone else thinks. ,
I listened to the CD a couple more times over the wkend and its starting to grow on me a little. You def have to have an open mind and listen to it a few times over before judging. As I did last wk. I didn't give it a chance.
So... What are you fuckin doing in this page??? take your hate and shit comments to another page... this is only an Lp fans ... who accept the fact that they are madure... and...come on... New Metal is great... amazing... but nothing is forever...and LP make the same great music that they are used to... =)

and im not new on this...I've been heard to LP since they start with "One Step Closer" video...
[LINKIN PARK] For Life!!! lml !!!!
Just listened to ATS over the weekend. Although not as good as Hybrid Theory or Meteora (my favourite) at first listen, I still reckoned it sounded alright, and with more listens I'm sure it's 'differentness' will grow on me. Then again, I probably have a wider taste in music than some people on this board :P
Marcus, I have to admit...when I first listened I wasnt over-awed by the changes from what we know and love as LP....but the more I listen to ATS I realise just what a work of genius this is!!! Stick with it mate...just like we all stick with Liverpool FC...(gutted after the defeat to the scum).....this album is phenomonal....I listen to it and it sounds like a story board...each tune a play in an act.....wish others could see it!!!

Marcus King said:
Just listened to ATS over the weekend. Although not as good as Hybrid Theory or Meteora (my favourite) at first listen, I still reckoned it sounded alright, and with more listens I'm sure it's 'differentness' will grow on me. Then again, I probably have a wider taste in music than some people on this board :P
well said! let the rest get stuck into the past!

Chris Pike said:
Marcus, I have to admit...when I first listened I wasnt over-awed by the changes from what we know and love as LP....but the more I listen to ATS I realise just what a work of genius this is!!! Stick with it mate...just like we all stick with Liverpool FC...(gutted after the defeat to the scum).....this album is phenomonal....I listen to it and it sounds like a story board...each tune a play in an act.....wish others could see it!!!

Marcus King said:

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service