I'm sorry but the new Linkin Park songs are the worst sounding piece of GARBAGE I EVER HEARD! What happen to them? They use to be great but now there music sounds like someone wasted ten seconds to put it together. They should be ashamed of themselves. I truly hope that this album is just a joke and they will release a real album this year. I WOULD NEVER WASTE MY MONEY ON THIS ALBUM!!!!! I wouldn't even take it if someone gave it to me for free. 

Views: 10429

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

It's not just the album that sounds terrible, it's the past 2 albums that have steadily gone from slightly bad, to bad, to just plain awful. A lot of people aren't just basing their dislike for the band on one album (because the last 2 sure haven't given anything memorable) , they're saying that this is the album that finally killed it for them. Now if you think it's sounds great then that's your opinion and your entitled to it, but I'm sure 97% of LP fans agree that this album is their worst.

Brendon Henderson said:
So since the album doesn't appeal to you it sucks? Are you like 10 years old? If your going to criticize something then base it on something rather then, "its not your style." Furthermore. Your in no position to say what "is" and what "isnt" Linkin Park because you are not a member of the band.
Jordy said:
Bro Sean B jump off LPs ****. Yea everyone on this website obviously likes them but their new album sucks. I started likin rock cuz of LP cuz it was my style. The new album is not them

Sean B said:
I think that you are all ridiculous. Linkin Park doesn't have to make music catered to you, and I'm glad that they don't, because all you seem to want is the same thing over and over again from them. If you want the same music go listen to the same cds. Yeah their old stuff was amazing, still is amazing, but you can definitely tell that their music has matured, and I think it's refreshing. Besides, why do you have to be so critical? "Garbage I've Ever Heard"??????? I'm sure you've heard worse music. And even if not a simple "Not for me" or "Not my style" would suffice. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if you were in their position and someone told you how much you suck (in their opinion). So yeah... calm down a bit will ya?
I would have to agree. This is the worst album I have ever purchased. Love Linkin Parks music, but they missed the mark on their previous album, and really have messed up on this one. Don't they realize there older music is what made them, and how they got so many fans. This is a big disappointment to the true hardcore Linkin Park fans. LP, if your reading this, go back to your old ways. You were my favorite band. I won't ever buy another of your albums until you stop singing pop slow ass music. Sorry, but it looks like I'm not the only one that thinks this.
I believe that I'm a 'true hardcore Linkin Park fan' and I love this album. I've loved everything from even before Hybrid Theory to now. As a band their sound has always been unique and I'm glad they made the move that they did with 'A Thousand Suns'. I'm sorry but saying it's bad because it doesn't sound like their old stuff just isn't good enough. Open your mind and appreciate the album for what it is. It is a story, a concept album, or at least in my mind. Don't hate something you don't understand.

Mark Tremblay said:
I would have to agree. This is the worst album I have ever purchased. Love Linkin Parks music, but they missed the mark on their previous album, and really have messed up on this one. Don't they realize there older music is what made them, and how they got so many fans. This is a big disappointment to the true hardcore Linkin Park fans. LP, if your reading this, go back to your old ways. You were my favorite band. I won't ever buy another of your albums until you stop singing pop slow ass music. Sorry, but it looks like I'm not the only one that thinks this.
Come on guys give it a chance. I said the same thing i hated it beyond meassure. I felt betrayed as well, but I listened to the album three times and fell in love with it. It grows on you. Don't think of it as LP listen to it as if it is a new band you never heard. You will find it is pretty good. The music has alot of context.
I will probably never completely Love this album as a whole, a few songs I am really starting to enjoy ..but I have to say Mike singing on Iridescent really sounds freakin great wowzers.....
As one true hardcore LP fan to another...Amen Mike. I don't even have to state my thoughts because you said everything I was thinking. Thank you.

Mike Peart said:
I believe that I'm a 'true hardcore Linkin Park fan' and I love this album. I've loved everything from even before Hybrid Theory to now. As a band their sound has always been unique and I'm glad they made the move that they did with 'A Thousand Suns'. I'm sorry but saying it's bad because it doesn't sound like their old stuff just isn't good enough. Open your mind and appreciate the album for what it is. It is a story, a concept album, or at least in my mind. Don't hate something you don't understand.

Mark Tremblay said:
Have to agree with Mike!!! And tbh honest his "argument in favour" is one of the few statements that is well put...eloquent and measured..unlike the majority of the haters who just state that ATS is "shit"!!! Wow...good argument guys!!!!

Annie Beth said:
As one true hardcore LP fan to another...Amen Mike. I don't even have to state my thoughts because you said everything I was thinking. Thank you.

Mike Peart said:

Mark Tremblay said:
Yo. When I went on this website I thought that I going to see a mass hysteria of appreciation for this new album and for Linkin Park, because after listening to A Thousand Suns I thought that Linkin Park mania was going to erupt. So there are a lot of people on this website that are posting absolute garbage comments about A Thousand Suns, and yadda yadda yadda, and a mix of other bullshit about how Linkin Park should do what they are famous for or whatever.

I love this album so much and I seriously know that we all have different tastes in music. But when people are saying that they love Linkin Park and saying that the new album is 'the worst' and shit like that then I just have to fucking wonder if people actually listened to the album. If you are a hater of this album and you say that you are a fan of Linkin Park then take the time to listen to it. Who only listened to the first 30 seconds of each track???? WTF???

I'm not angry at all about this I just couldn't believe it.

SO WHATEVER...

I LOVE> HYBRID THEORY. METEORA. MINUTES TO MIDNIGHT. A THOUSAND SUNS. LINKIN PARK.

Chris Pike said:
Have to agree with Mike!!! And tbh honest his "argument in favour" is one of the few statements that is well put...eloquent and measured..unlike the majority of the haters who just state that ATS is "shit"!!! Wow...good argument guys!!!!

Annie Beth said:

Mike Peart said:

Mark Tremblay said:
I agree with Dominique, just because people claim to be hardcore fans of LP doesn't mean only those that are, are the ones who like this album. I AM a hardcore LP fan, been promoting them since the early days, been following them online through their various social networks, one being LPC and meeting people who have a strong desire towards LP music. Saying that I don't respect LP just because I don't like this album is unfair. However if you want me to give a constructive criticism with “eloquence” then I will.

Their music has drastically changed, I don't like the new pop feel to it, it dilutes LP's sound and brand. I've passed the album on to many people who I know have loved LP since Hybrid Theory when it was just a theory and most of those people find ATS "different, yet boring". To put it into a simple context, my mum even finds the album different and she is one person who I know detests LP through and through, for her to make a comment like that I know there's something wrong here. The Catalyst only reached number 40 here in the UK Official Top 40 Chart - doesn't this show something??? I'll give one positive feedback and that is about 2 to 3 tracks on the album sound like the LP we all know. The rest sound like stuff U2, Green Day, Depeche Mode would do....NOT LP. Why should they become mainstream when they have an incredibly strong fanbase derived from their originality? Give me one thing that makes this album great. Tell me why this album should have a prime spot next to Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Name it. Because I'm telling you, I've listened to this album over 50 times now in the past week trying to see if there is anything more to like than the few I agreed with from the start, and found nothing more. The album doesn't flow from start to finish. It has a powerful start but a lousy end. The theme of A Thousand Suns, war and atomic bombs is such an overwhelming concept yet the album struggles from track to track to depict this. Some tracks like Iridescent are so bland, it's like sucking out the life out of old tracks like Crawling - we all know LP are renowned for portraying the deepest of emotions in tracks and why a range of people know them and like them. ATS has a whole range of genres rather than sticking to one or two. It has too many interludes, some being relatively pointless. The acoustic at the end is Chester and not LP. The instrumentals on When They Come For Me are nice and different but the lyrics from Mike are dreadful. To highlight a few: "try to catch up motherf*ckers" is an appalling comeback and "I am not a robot, I am not a monkey, I won't dance even if the beats funky" is poor coming from a lyricist who has been praised for his brilliance on High Voltage and Forgotten - many fans who write have idolised Mike for this. Furthermore, where are Brad, Hahn and Rob in most of the ATS tracks?

I don't know if it's because LP were on a tight budget, they didn't have enough time (though 3 years is surely enough), they couldn't focus on this album as much as the others or having R Rubin co-producing was a mistake. Whatever the reason may be, this album seems rushed, out of character and mish-mashed, doesn't reflect the theme as well it should do and is not the LP I know and thoroughly love.

There is my view, plain and simple. So try to back up your views with some clout too.

Dominique Decourt said:
It's not just the album that sounds terrible, it's the past 2 albums that have steadily gone from slightly bad, to bad, to just plain awful. A lot of people aren't just basing their dislike for the band on one album (because the last 2 sure haven't given anything memorable) , they're saying that this is the album that finally killed it for them. Now if you think it's sounds great then that's your opinion and your entitled to it, but I'm sure 97% of LP fans agree that this album is their worst.

Brendon Henderson said:
So since the album doesn't appeal to you it sucks? Are you like 10 years old? If your going to criticize something then base it on something rather then, "its not your style." Furthermore. Your in no position to say what "is" and what "isnt" Linkin Park because you are not a member of the band.
Jordy said:
Bro Sean B jump off LPs ****. Yea everyone on this website obviously likes them but their new album sucks. I started likin rock cuz of LP cuz it was my style. The new album is not them

Sean B said:
I think that you are all ridiculous. Linkin Park doesn't have to make music catered to you, and I'm glad that they don't, because all you seem to want is the same thing over and over again from them. If you want the same music go listen to the same cds. Yeah their old stuff was amazing, still is amazing, but you can definitely tell that their music has matured, and I think it's refreshing. Besides, why do you have to be so critical? "Garbage I've Ever Heard"??????? I'm sure you've heard worse music. And even if not a simple "Not for me" or "Not my style" would suffice. I'm sure you wouldn't like it if you were in their position and someone told you how much you suck (in their opinion). So yeah... calm down a bit will ya?
Respect to you Dorothy for actually putting an eloquent incisive opinion forward. It is one of the very few that have achieved this...and I respect your opinion on ATS all the more because you have put forward a good "argument" for your case.

I think the album is very different from the usual LP sound....but I still feel alot of the old flavours still exist and personally I disagree that the concept of the album has been badly executed..when I listen to the album it conjures images..like a story board...of apocalypse...through all the associated emotions of people trying to survive...through to the inspirational as mankind emerges from a very difficult time and we start to re-build. I understand if you dont feel this way...but still would thank you for being the only person to have a well measured counter-opinion so far!!

Dorothy Frap said:
I agree with Dominique, just because people claim to be hardcore fans of LP doesn't mean only those that are, are the ones who like this album. I AM a hardcore LP fan, been promoting them since the early days, been following them online through their various social networks, one being LPC and meeting people who have a strong desire towards LP music. Saying that I don't respect LP just because I don't like this album is unfair. However if you want me to give a constructive criticism with “eloquence” then I will.
Their music has drastically changed, I don't like the new pop feel to it, it dilutes LP's sound and brand. I've passed the album on to many people who I know have loved LP since Hybrid Theory when it was just a theory and most of those people find ATS "different, yet boring". To put it into a simple context, my mum even finds the album different and she is one person who I know detests LP through and through, for her to make a comment like that I know there's something wrong here. The Catalyst only reached number 40 here in the UK Official Top 40 Chart - doesn't this show something??? I'll give one positive feedback and that is about 2 to 3 tracks on the album sound like the LP we all know. The rest sound like stuff U2, Green Day, Depeche Mode would do....NOT LP. Why should they become mainstream when they have an incredibly strong fanbase derived from their originality? Give me one thing that makes this album great. Tell me why this album should have a prime spot next to Hybrid Theory and Meteora. Name it. Because I'm telling you, I've listened to this album over 50 times now in the past week trying to see if there is anything more to like than the few I agreed with from the start, and found nothing more. The album doesn't flow from start to finish. It has a powerful start but a lousy end. The theme of A Thousand Suns, war and atomic bombs is such an overwhelming concept yet the album struggles from track to track to depict this. Some tracks like Iridescent are so bland, it's like sucking out the life out of old tracks like Crawling - we all know LP are renowned for portraying the deepest of emotions in tracks and why a range of people know them and like them. ATS has a whole range of genres rather than sticking to one or two. It has too many interludes, some being relatively pointless. The acoustic at the end is Chester and not LP. The instrumentals on When They Come For Me are nice and different but the lyrics from Mike are dreadful. To highlight a few: "try to catch up motherf*ckers" is an appalling comeback and "I am not a robot, I am not a monkey, I won't dance even if the beats funky" is poor coming from a lyricist who has been praised for his brilliance on High Voltage and Forgotten - many fans who write have idolised Mike for this. Furthermore, where are Brad, Hahn and Rob in most of the ATS tracks? I don't know if it's because LP were on a tight budget, they didn't have enough time (though 3 years is surely enough), they couldn't focus on this album as much as the others or having R Rubin co-producing was a mistake. Whatever the reason may be, this album seems rushed, out of character and mish-mashed, doesn't reflect the theme as well it should do and is not the LP I know and thoroughly love.

There is my view, plain and simple. So try to back up your views with some clout too.

Dominique Decourt said:

Brendon Henderson said:
Jordy said:

Sean B said:
I agree with the OP...new stuff sucks balls
There is a huge difference between matured and just totally awful. This by far awful. Ladies and Gentlemen everyone has opinions for sure. However if you examine the deepness of this album, they tried to totally reinvent, That is great as the artist, but to the fans it can really suck. Yes some say "They are great in whatever they do" unfortunatly that is not the case. It is truelly one of the worst albums I have bought in a long time. Yes you can go outside of the box but don't forget what got you there. My sons and I listened to each song just hoping for 1 second the next would get better. It never happened. By the end our jaws were on the floor marveling at how absolutly horrible it was. Its hard to recover from suck albums "ask Bon Jovi" . But LP is a great band we will see how they do next go around.

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service