I'm sorry but the new Linkin Park songs are the worst sounding piece of GARBAGE I EVER HEARD! What happen to them? They use to be great but now there music sounds like someone wasted ten seconds to put it together. They should be ashamed of themselves. I truly hope that this album is just a joke and they will release a real album this year. I WOULD NEVER WASTE MY MONEY ON THIS ALBUM!!!!! I wouldn't even take it if someone gave it to me for free. 

Views: 10424

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Well I'm an artist myself. Sure I've had people not liking my work, but I don't take their views negatively. I spend months on some of my work, though if someone criticises it I don't get offended. Why should I? They don't have the same brain as me with the same thought processes!!! Most of the work I do is of my own visions and you know actually I criticise myself A LOT, I'm my own evil, thinking that the last work wasn't good enough and I can do better. The same applies to chefs who love creating new dishes, it applies to fashion designers who want to set a trend next season. Sometimes what that critic sees is what I've missed, then it makes me want to do something else next time. Furthermore, these musicians are trying to make a profit out their work. Therefore your own opinion is NEVER the only opinion. If your customers have disagreed with you this time you have to be cautious they won't abandon you the next time you release a product. I fully appreciate LP's efforts to try something new, but I feel on this album, Chris, they didn't do it as well as I'd hoped for. Their talents go beyond what most musicians do and this time I feel they rushed some areas and a few tracks lack clarity. I know some people I've spoken to would agree with that, hence why they've claimed to have given up on LP. Though I understand not everyone is going to perceive it the same way.....I wouldn't be reading all the messages on here, plus on music sites, and re-evaluting my own opinion if I thought otherwise.
LMAO - I could not agree with you more.

I haven't wasted my money on this POS CD. I've been a member of the Underground and on their Street Team for years and have traveled around the country to see them numerous times. However, now with this new political techno "music" crap, I won't be spending any time promoting this CD or seeing them in concert. Their current music is like the Chris Angel of music.
This is the best post I have seen... Too funny and so true! Thank you for making me laugh. =)

YodaShinoda said:
I think this album is shit, not as shit as M2M but still shit.
Mike's tracks sound like Fort Minor throwbacks and Chester's tracks are M2M'esq and wtf is with all the skits and interludes??
imo there are only two, maybe three tracks worth listening too - "Burning the Skies" and "Blackout"
Don't tell me I aint a "true fan" just because I have an opinion and I aint on LP's dick.
I do support the band (Ive seen them live numerous times) and I understand they need to grow and experiment and blah blah blah but half of you act like you would still kiss their ass if they released an album full of nursery rhymes!?
at the end of the day, its about the music and what you get from it.
have an opinion and stop being dick riding fanboys.

My two pennies
i loved the first 2 albums the third not so much bit still listen

this new one isnt for me sadly, the songs sound too distorted and disjointed, all over the place. its trying to be very rave sounding lol the best way i could describe it

i think they expereimented too much but you need to do that in order to develop

hope their next one is more to my taste
Oh please...

Are you suffering from confirmation bias? Alot more than 20% of posts in this forum are reflecting on the poorness of this album....

Dex said:
I'm sorry, where did you pull those figures from, your butt?
Because I don't see 97% of people on this forum complaining, I only see about 20%.

Dominique Decourt said:
It's not just the album that sounds terrible, it's the past 2 albums that have steadily gone from slightly bad, to bad, to just plain awful. A lot of people aren't just basing their dislike for the band on one album (because the last 2 sure haven't given anything memorable) , they're saying that this is the album that finally killed it for them. Now if you think it's sounds great then that's your opinion and your entitled to it, but I'm sure 97% of LP fans agree that this album is their worst.
The more we discuss this subject Dorothy the more I respect you!!! As stated previously...yours is one of a very few well measured opinions and I find myself agreeing with your side...respecting what your views and opinions are....and appreciating what you are saying.

I myself am an artist of sorts....I run my own award winning building design company and like you I listen to criticism and constantly strive to improve what I produce...and in my opinion the guys have done exactly that...just with a different twist...they were "pioneering" in the nu-metal movement..and rather than following the "this works" blueprint they have chosen to move the goal posts again...and I for one like the new sound and concede whilst there is undoubtedly a political message I believe, for me, they have achieved what alot of musicians and artsist who use other media desire....the telling of a story...both upsetting and inspirational.

Anyway, thank you for coming out with a valid well-rounded opinion and sharing it within this forum.

Dorothy Frap said:
Well I'm an artist myself. Sure I've had people not liking my work, but I don't take their views negatively. I spend months on some of my work, though if someone criticises it I don't get offended. Why should I? They don't have the same brain as me with the same thought processes!!! Most of the work I do is of my own visions and you know actually I criticise myself A LOT, I'm my own evil, thinking that the last work wasn't good enough and I can do better. The same applies to chefs who love creating new dishes, it applies to fashion designers who want to set a trend next season. Sometimes what that critic sees is what I've missed, then it makes me want to do something else next time. Furthermore, these musicians are trying to make a profit out their work. Therefore your own opinion is NEVER the only opinion. If your customers have disagreed with you this time you have to be cautious they won't abandon you the next time you release a product. I fully appreciate LP's efforts to try something new, but I feel on this album, Chris, they didn't do it as well as I'd hoped for. Their talents go beyond what most musicians do and this time I feel they rushed some areas and a few tracks lack clarity. I know some people I've spoken to would agree with that, hence why they've claimed to have given up on LP. Though I understand not everyone is going to perceive it the same way.....I wouldn't be reading all the messages on here, plus on music sites, and re-evaluting my own opinion if I thought otherwise.
i wouldnt say 'garbage' because lp isnt a trashy band but i would say that this album is unoriginal. I know that most fans are expecting the same old same, but that same old stuff is the best of linkin park. I understand that their music has 'matured' but in a wrong way and towards the wrong path. They have gone towards a more modern path with this techno stuff and shinoda in it. I dont hate shinoda, but lp isnt rap/rock. It's rock...with chester. I have been a fan of linkin park since their first album and im not gonna stop because it would take a lot more crappyness for me to become an lp hater. I just hope that in their future albums, if they decide to make anymore, that they dont keep up with this new techno, funky sounds stuff. And i do agree with the random sounds and noises because they are fillers and wasting space. Hopefully i will eventually get used to the CD and not regret buying it so much, because right now i kinda do and i only like 1 or 2 songs. But im still glad i bought it because LP is a great band and i would never want to miss out on any of their albums.
I met linkin park in syracuse. I cried like a little girl. They signed my demo. It was one of the greatest moments of my life.
Phoenix was the only one that actually looked at me but it didnt matter. My heros had just signed my demo. My point is, i am somewhat of a DUH DUH DUH.....FANBOY and i will be the first to admit that i do not like the new album. I think its too experimental and far too sample driven. Here's the kicker though....WHO THE FUCK AM I??????? Will Linkin Park ever read this? Nope. Would Phoenix remember shaking my hand in syracuse? No again. Will I buy the next Linkin Park cd? You bet your ass I will. Want to know why? Because Linkin Park is my favorite band. Does it suck that I waited three years to hear a cd I dont care for? You bet. But guess what kids...all of the other songs that we know and love still exist. You cant hate a band for experimenting. You cant say that this is the end of them. Stop whining and pop in what you know you like. The band really doesnt need to cater to every ear with every song on every album. I think its funny to read things about who linkin park is as a band. How the fuck do you know? We like what they have done but how do we know that this new album isnt what they would have released HT to sound like had they not been bullied by record execs?
Point blank here it goes:

Thank you linkin park for making alot of great music.
I hope you make some more that i enjoy as much as your previous records.
Congrats on having the money and ability to make your latest record with 100% artistic freedom.
I hope you had fun.
Please dont break up.
I dont really care for dead by sunrise and fort minor is like lp with no chester.
Jimmy Page solo sucks.
Robert Plant solo sucks.
Led Zepellin is one of the g.o.a.t.s
So are you.

your pal, bobby g

p.s-this is the first post i have ever left on this site and it may be the last. I dont care if anyone responds. I just like the band. I think that "fans" feel like a band begins to owe them something after time because they buy a few cds. Linkin Park doesnt owe me shit. They have done enough for me already goddamnit.
I think you're right, the problem here is that the band is becoming too commercial. Which I believe is a BIG issue. When I see what the music industry has become it pains me. I mean now it's about getting number ones and making lots of money to pay for their 7 roomed mansion with jacuzzi. I never thought LP would become such a band, they have made such a massive deal about doing Art and Music for the love of it regardless of what anyone says. So why make an album that would sell but could never step up to the LP mark? Its ok, but not extraordinary. It'll fit into the music scene nicely but will hardly be remembered 5 years from now.

I would confess I'm not a die-hard fan of heavy rock and instead prefer to engage in a range of music genres, but when I see bands moving away from their original music genre to another with little affect I start to question whether they did it for the love of it or just for more money!! I don't feel the passion in the new album, I have listened back to Hybrid Theory, Meteora and Reanimation after ATS and I think the strong difference isn't the sound they make, it's the way the band do it. They can get away with it, look at their fanbase, it's incredibly big. I wonder how many people out there like the album because it's a work of genius or because it has LP's name on it? I had patience with Minutes to Midnight, but this album has stunned me. It's like watching a talented acrobat doing just cart-wheels. The compassion has gone, it's like they're doing it for the sake of it. If they keep going down this route they will still sell albums, that's for sure, but for the right reasons? Maybe not.

Of course bands want to experiment more, discover new music avenues but this doesn't sound like much of an effort. The acoustic at the end is in great contrast to the rock version of Wretches and Kings, then you have what seems like a ballad for Iridescent, pop for Robot Boy, though something random with When They Come For Me and new electronica for The Catalyst. Exactly where was it that LP wanted to go? After hearing Pendulum doing Live Lounge on The Catalyst, I realise THIS is how the track should have sounded, or at least along those lines. The middle of the track where it sounds like they are being happy on a keyboard always annoys me, it renders the track as "satisfactory" when really with LP it should be "incredible". The start is amazing, it's captivating....then the album changes and changes again....and again....it's very difficult to follow it through. Once you hear the album from start to finish several times the disjointed feel becomes quite irritating. On most albums I hear I'll admit I've hardly loved the whole album, but at least have my favourites that I come back to time and time again. But with this album I'm struggling to find one favourite, just a few which I think are good. I desperately want LP to rethink this and realise that if they are going to do a new genre, to decide and play just with THAT genre, apply that LP sparkle and wow us. So far I haven't been wowed since Meteora, Reanimation I liked.....it's been far too long. And I fear it will be like this now until the end of their music career because of the success of their name....

Nick Prager said:
After reading through this thread, I thought I'd offer a critical analysis of why I have an issue with this album and my theory as to why it was made the way it was. Keep in mind that (in general) I AM NOT STATING FACTS, JUST OBSERVATIONS.

I'll state from the beginning that I'm no hardcore fan. I think this makes my view interesting though because I'm trying to be as non-partisan as possible. I LOVED Meteora as a kid and still have strong feelings for it, and I enjoy Hybrid Theory. MTM I wasn't super wowed with for several reasons, mostly being the ballad-heavy approach. It reeked of an attempt to sell albums and didn't feel genuine to me.

It may look on the surface that I'm just a ranting fan that only likes heavy music but that isn't the case. I listen to a broad spectrum of rock/metal/industrial/etc. I love a good slow song/ballad and it makes sense to write these songs. Even artists like Slipknot go soft once and awhile, it's evidence of a more complete artist. As artists get older they can tend to lose some of that testosterone-filled angst they take towards writing music; they become more methodical and emotionally evolved when expressing themselves. ALL THAT BEING SAID, here's my opinion.

I (generally) cannot stand the use of 8-bit. I feel that it's nothing but a fad, the new auto-tune. I'd be surprised to see it accepted popularly in six years, if that. I'm very disappointed in all of the 8-bit being used here. I listened to too many songs where they stripped guitar away for electronic beats and it doesn't work for me. They went too far out on a limb in trying something new. I feel that was something that made them so powerful in their early days; the effective use of guitar.

The album doesn't feel like a group effort; it feels like Shinoda, Bennington, and Hahn and session insturmentalists. This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's not great, either. The "concept" of the album isn't terribly original nor does it generate new ideas or thoughts. The songs aren't horribly written or anything, they're just not enticing for me. Linkin Park aren't using unconventional song structures or anything like that, just 8-bit, electronica and much less guitar, bass, and live drumming. It feels like a club CD and I don't have much interest in any of their new elements. They come off as no longer having an edge.

MY theory on why this album was made the way it was:

-LP are so massively successful as commercial artists, they could take this risk and people would still go out in hordes to buy it. I'm pretty sure they felt so confident that people would buy anything they make just because it's something that LINKIN PARK put out. I think they tried to do too much in being different. What's sad to me is that they'll continue to be commercially successful regardless because this type of music is becoming fad. It's not necessarily the BEST music that they could be making, but it's what seems to be in demand.

-I'd have liked to see LP evolve similar to the way the Deftones have evolved over their career. Granted their careers started in different times with different tastes, but a similar style of growth is what I'd have liked to see. Deftones had two HARD hitting albums to start with, then added Frank Delgado on turntables and went in a new direction with White Pony, their most successful album commercially. From their they've found ways to go new places in their music, slowly reinventing themselves each time while still maintaining that signature Deftones sound.

-LP won't follow a Deftones-type pattern because it doesn't sell as many records. The Deftones are never and will never be commercial blockbusters. They aren't all that radio friendly. Casual/fringe listeners typically aren't drawn in by them. These are all things LP has made apparent POST-METEORA that they care about: Sales (CD's, Merch), radio play, and capturing fans that are into pop music.

OVERALL:
-Okay release on its own, but being that it's from Linkin Park, I can't help but feel very disappointed that they'd sell this like it was another album, despite even going so far as to say it isn't an album. If they truly wanted to experiment and go new places with their music then they could have gone a route similar to the route NIN went when they released Ghosts I-IV.
-Needed to tone down the 8-bit a lot. This album will sell well but I think it's become evident that a good chunk of fans are very put off at this deviation from their origins. They could have still done their "8-bit revolution" and whatnot on the album but a few more obvious guitar, bass, and live drum lines could have gone a long way in making the album more appealing and satisfying to fans who wanted the traditional sound. Everyone who's heard the first two albums knows this band can bite. there are other ways to bite other than straight up aggression and they don't seem to have it nailed down yet. That "bite", that's what I like about the band. This album feels like nibbles, but no bites. IMO.

Now start flaming my ass for any reason you want. It's okay to like the album, I'm just stating what I feel and see. But if you're too irrational to understand that then you have problems that extend beyond your distaste for me. :-D
When I first listened to the CD, I was shocked. The lack of guitar and actual drums was disappointing to say the least. This is not a rock album, though it is being advertised as one and that hurts the credibility of the album as it is clearly a techno/rap hybrid. I found the tracks easily forgetable as most of the songs only had one or two versus that were repeated several times during the song. The "music" itself sounded like it was made on someones PC with an old copy of Acid DJ and the singing was added later to complete it. I felt no emotion from the lyrics and found the rhymes laughable and predictable. This is far from cutting edge and really quite simple from a band that was known for their complexity. I sold this album within 72 hours of purchase and will not buy another new release from LP without listening to it first. To call this album a disappointment is understating how I felt when I first listened to it, I was more at a point of disbelief that they would actually release this to the fans and not expect a great deal of backlash. Again, a far too simple album from a formerly complex band.
Personally, I was also caught in the confusion of WTF and what happened to the LP I knew.... I listened to the album in my car as I was going from place to place working (sometimes have to drive several hours a day) and I remember the disappointment that I felt while I was listening to the new CD. I thought about that for the rest of the day and it bugged the crap out of me. Then I found myself wanting to give it another listen and said , 'I'll give it another shot and actually not compare or critique it based on what was already released'. And that is when I fell in love with this new shit. There is a line that jumps out at me every time now and I smile from ear to ear.

"Everybody wants the next thing to be just like the first
And I'm not a robot, I'm not a monkey
I will not dance even if the beat is funky
Opposite of lazy, far from a punk"

Congratulations LP on your success with this new album and it is awesome that you took such a risk with the road traveled. I know I am a huge fan of this CD now that I opened my mind to something new and I hope, regardless of the haters, that you continue to produce this kind of quality music to your fans.

For everyone who can't seem to find this album to their liking, I think it's time you moved on to the bands who can't evolve... BRAVO LP BRAVO!!!

Madak
~~AMEN!~~

bobby g said:
I met linkin park in syracuse. I cried like a little girl. They signed my demo. It was one of the greatest moments of my life.
Phoenix was the only one that actually looked at me but it didnt matter. My heros had just signed my demo. My point is, i am somewhat of a DUH DUH DUH.....FANBOY and i will be the first to admit that i do not like the new album. I think its too experimental and far too sample driven. Here's the kicker though....WHO THE FUCK AM I??????? Will Linkin Park ever read this? Nope. Would Phoenix remember shaking my hand in syracuse? No again. Will I buy the next Linkin Park cd? You bet your ass I will. Want to know why? Because Linkin Park is my favorite band. Does it suck that I waited three years to hear a cd I dont care for? You bet. But guess what kids...all of the other songs that we know and love still exist. You cant hate a band for experimenting. You cant say that this is the end of them. Stop whining and pop in what you know you like. The band really doesnt need to cater to every ear with every song on every album. I think its funny to read things about who linkin park is as a band. How the fuck do you know? We like what they have done but how do we know that this new album isnt what they would have released HT to sound like had they not been bullied by record execs?
Point blank here it goes:

Thank you linkin park for making alot of great music.
I hope you make some more that i enjoy as much as your previous records.
Congrats on having the money and ability to make your latest record with 100% artistic freedom.
I hope you had fun.
Please dont break up.
I dont really care for dead by sunrise and fort minor is like lp with no chester.
Jimmy Page solo sucks.
Robert Plant solo sucks.
Led Zepellin is one of the g.o.a.t.s
So are you.

your pal, bobby g

p.s-this is the first post i have ever left on this site and it may be the last. I dont care if anyone responds. I just like the band. I think that "fans" feel like a band begins to owe them something after time because they buy a few cds. Linkin Park doesnt owe me shit. They have done enough for me already goddamnit.

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service