I'm sorry but the new Linkin Park songs are the worst sounding piece of GARBAGE I EVER HEARD! What happen to them? They use to be great but now there music sounds like someone wasted ten seconds to put it together. They should be ashamed of themselves. I truly hope that this album is just a joke and they will release a real album this year. I WOULD NEVER WASTE MY MONEY ON THIS ALBUM!!!!! I wouldn't even take it if someone gave it to me for free. 

Views: 10439

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

What I find incredible is those that claim this is some sort of barrier breaking album. I cannot put into words the disappointment I felt when I listened to this travesty. I do not expect them to make the same album every couple of years, that is reserved for bands like AC/DC, but I do expect something that is true to their roots. Experimenting is fine, but do not use a primary release as your experiment without expecting to alienate your fan base. Of course there are those who will worship anything you release, but they are not true fans or friends, they are called sycophants. True fans and friends will be honest and tell you when you have failed and LP, you have failed. I do not want a rehash of Hybrid Theory, but I also do not want some third rate techno club mix made at home on the computer. I enjoy music with passion from Johnny Cash to the Beatles to Linkin Park (pre ATS), but what they have released is an insult to those who enjoy music and should never have hit the shelves. I sold the album within 72 hours of purchase for $3 and I think the used record store got ripped off.
"What I am wondering if its worth it to wait another 3-4 years for the next record, or just forget about LP." I hope this isn't true, but I used to be a huge AFI fan, but their last three albums and their side projects have shown that they "evolved" into a direction that I cannot follow. I will still listen to their old music, but what they produce now has lost the fire that made A Fire Inside so great to begin with.

Umlauts said:
Your upset and justifiably so, the album is a 6/10 record and most of us expect more from LP. It's not just about the new direction that they took, but also the quality of the songs. If their four faster tempo songs really delivered you would still be happy, but they didn't and the slower tempo songs are nothing special either. I think that Iridecent and Waiting for the end are the best songs on the album, but I see no reason to listen to this record over the new Arcade Fire album. The Suburbs is superior in every way. I am disappointed as well, cause I was hoping ATS would be a more aggresive, but equally as good, version of that record. It's easily LP worst album.

What I am wondering if its worth it to wait another 3-4 years for the next record, or just forget about LP.
Lol you're a funny dude. Welcome to the internet.

I took another listen to the songs and they physically anger me. I still don't get why all you people who claim to be "true fans" defend this album. It sounds like they got lazy or got really high and made this as a joke album. LP will lose a lot of hardcore fans from this and gain mindless drones who will gobble up anything they throw at them.

Regardless, I will continue to listen to their classic songs and dismiss all of their new material until they have redeemed themselves...which probably won't ever happen but a man can dream.

Chris Pike said:
Darryl...you were doing so well with your argument until the last 2 words....then I lost respect for you!!!!

Darryl Yeadon said:
I've been a Linkin Park fan for many years and I've stuck by them through thick and thin...but now I've had enough.

What in the world happened to this band? I just don't get it. I loved Hybrid Theory, Reanimation and Meteora because they were great albums, very catchy songs with crazy heavy guitar riffs, riveting drums, and the vocals were just superb. Chester was amazing but Mike Shinoda helped create balance in the songs. Everyone contributed in their own way and I respected that because thats what bands are supposed to do; work together.

When Meteora came out I had a feeling something wasn't right among the band. Mike seemed to be taking on more vocal duties and, from my standpoint, it looked like he was starting to control the band and push Chester and the others away other than Hahn. This point was proven in a way when Mike started Fort Minor, a rap band pretty much. I was hoping he was taking all of his built up rap angst and putting it into that band but I was proven wrong when Minutes to Midnight came out, which was a terrible album.

Then comes A Thousand Suns...which should be launched into a thousand suns to be honest. I respect bands decisions to try something new but if it ain't broken, don't fix it. This album just plain blows. Everything that I liked about Linkin Park is gone. Its like they lost their balance. No wonder why Chester joined Dead By Sunrise.

Some of you on the forum are saying that if they kept producing the same music over and over again then we'd all eventually get bored. That is partly true, but have you listened to the music that is out these days? Everything is just going downhill and I'm just talking about Linkin Park. Slipknot is a great example for music evolving. They started out with the thrash riffs and crazy time signatures and now they are producing master pieces whether its slow, emotion songs or heavy hard driven songs. They have an evolved sound and if they pulled what Linkin Park pulled with ATS then I'm sure there would be the same reaction.

I don't believe in following bands until they are no more. I like good music, if a band starts to suck, like the new Guns N Roses, then I stop listening to it. I'm not gonna follow a band off a cliff just because they say so. Thats my opinion and if you don't like it then FUCK YOU
Yes...finally someone appreciates my sense of humour lol Cheers Darryl.

Joking aside...I never expect anyone to have the same opinion on any subject that I do....I respect what youa re saying...and I appreciate that you prefer the "classic" heavier sound of LP from a decade ago....and I concede that a lot of fans have been disappointed by ATS...but i think it has also turned a lot of people onto LP....and I strongly believe a lot of the old flavour of LP still exists within this album, but now they are using the album, theitr influence via fame and fortune gleaned from HT etc to try to unite people with their music...draw attention to the bigger picture...the suffering and wrong that currently exists within the world!!!!

In reply to some inevitable criticism...I am no sycophant...as stated in an earlier discussion..if I thought ATS was crap then I would definitely let it be known....I dont do brown nosing thank you!!!! But I dont believe it is, I think it is equally brilliant to anything else the guys have produced, just in a different way to the usual LP music.

Darryl Yeadon said:
Lol you're a funny dude. Welcome to the internet.

I took another listen to the songs and they physically anger me. I still don't get why all you people who claim to be "true fans" defend this album. It sounds like they got lazy or got really high and made this as a joke album. LP will lose a lot of hardcore fans from this and gain mindless drones who will gobble up anything they throw at them.

Regardless, I will continue to listen to their classic songs and dismiss all of their new material until they have redeemed themselves...which probably won't ever happen but a man can dream.

Chris Pike said:
Darryl...you were doing so well with your argument until the last 2 words....then I lost respect for you!!!!

Darryl Yeadon said:
I've been a Linkin Park fan for many years and I've stuck by them through thick and thin...but now I've had enough.

What in the world happened to this band? I just don't get it. I loved Hybrid Theory, Reanimation and Meteora because they were great albums, very catchy songs with crazy heavy guitar riffs, riveting drums, and the vocals were just superb. Chester was amazing but Mike Shinoda helped create balance in the songs. Everyone contributed in their own way and I respected that because thats what bands are supposed to do; work together.

When Meteora came out I had a feeling something wasn't right among the band. Mike seemed to be taking on more vocal duties and, from my standpoint, it looked like he was starting to control the band and push Chester and the others away other than Hahn. This point was proven in a way when Mike started Fort Minor, a rap band pretty much. I was hoping he was taking all of his built up rap angst and putting it into that band but I was proven wrong when Minutes to Midnight came out, which was a terrible album.

Then comes A Thousand Suns...which should be launched into a thousand suns to be honest. I respect bands decisions to try something new but if it ain't broken, don't fix it. This album just plain blows. Everything that I liked about Linkin Park is gone. Its like they lost their balance. No wonder why Chester joined Dead By Sunrise.

Some of you on the forum are saying that if they kept producing the same music over and over again then we'd all eventually get bored. That is partly true, but have you listened to the music that is out these days? Everything is just going downhill and I'm just talking about Linkin Park. Slipknot is a great example for music evolving. They started out with the thrash riffs and crazy time signatures and now they are producing master pieces whether its slow, emotion songs or heavy hard driven songs. They have an evolved sound and if they pulled what Linkin Park pulled with ATS then I'm sure there would be the same reaction.

I don't believe in following bands until they are no more. I like good music, if a band starts to suck, like the new Guns N Roses, then I stop listening to it. I'm not gonna follow a band off a cliff just because they say so. Thats my opinion and if you don't like it then FUCK YOU
why does LP suck so much =[
they used to be awesome
First of all. When you follow a band from the beginning and listen to thier progression through albums, you NATURALLY get expectations as to what the band is to deliver! You get a feel of their sound that is unique for them and you learn to recognize their music. So stop saying we can't have expectations, it's natural!
I do not recognize this album as the LP I know. I have listened to the album several times, and I find myself confused every time. Except for some of the beats this is nothing like what I expected.
Of course the band can do whatever they want, and a lot of you are saying this is a natural progression from M2M, but I totally disagree. The feel of the albums has been toned down with every album since Hybrid Theory, which I would call a natural progression, and when M2M came out it took a while to get used to SOME of the songs becuase they were quite different from their earlier sound. But this time, I don't think I can get used to it. This is so far away from the Linkin Park I know and love. I'm just very dissapointed and confused.
What I miss is: Chester (no need to say more I think), Brads guitar and Robs drums (which were both amazing on M2M), and actual lyrics..... that change every once and awhile.
I was planning to attend an LP concert this fall with my friend, but after hearing this, I find that I really don't want to go that much. Then it would just be to hear their old songs.
awesome review man.

nadiyah wilson said:
I totally agree with you and everyone else!!! i use to love them!!!!! i still do...i just hate this new album!!!!! its their worst album yet!!! i thought....no i hoped it would be a good com back...but i was very disaapointed....so is half of the world!!!!!
Maria Tousi said:
Hey Linkin Park, you really used to be my heroes. With your music like in the end, a place for my head and so on I went through my changes which come with becoming a teenager. It was really a dream of me, to go this year to your concert. But guess what!? I WONT GO! Not even if you would pay me!
Why? Because you released this new album! Where IS LINKIN PARK!??
You destroyed very many dreams and worlds! It should be a shame for you!
If this is your thank you to all your faithfull fans which have been waiting for sooo many years for a new album, than I really think you should be ashamed!!!!
I really hope you will be back the same ones you used to be, cause I dont think you will have many fans any more after a while!
And I wanted to add, that your voice, Mr. Chester Benington is just beeing wasted by this songs!
What are they saying? NOTHING!
WHERE IS YOUR CHARACTER?
The catalyst is about okay, but the other ones?
NEVER AGAIN!
You lost more than million fans!
And I have to totally agree to the other fans who are upsed and angry!!!
I wouldn´t take it for free, either. Neither would I pay even one penny for it! IT ISNT WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT HAVE YOU BECOME?
Just because rock is not in any more or what? and dont tell me you want to do this and stuff like that!!!

ANGRY FAN!
For all you out there, Mike has put the record straight :)

http://mikeshinoda.com/2010/09/27/haters-and-the-converted-a-thousa...
Damn fine post Marina....a few more people ought to read this and see what Mike and the rest of the guys ACTUALLY tried to acheive with ATS!!!!

Marina said:

I respect Mike for writing that blog, in fact some of us were suspecting he'd do so as the album has received many mixed views (as I have pointed out in my other posts). However, this doesn't change how I feel about ATS. Regardless if the band doesn't think they are doing it for the money or that they are searching new music avenues, I honestly think this album is a fail. It sounds a fail from start to finish, it looks a fail. They tried to do new music and it didn't work. I also would like to support some fans opinions, where others seem to think we want LP to stick to heavy metal because we like it that way. In fact some of us actually have a listening interest in a wide range of music genres, I guarantee my iPod contains songs you'd probably never expect from someone who is such a strong fan of LP. We have listened to the album probably the same number of times as most of you and each time we do we still don't like what we hear - it's not good new music, it's just mainstream. I believe there are equal number of "haters" as well as "believers" on this album and this is something LP should really consider the next time they make an album. If they don't, which is what I fear, it'll be incredibly heartbreaking.

Chris Pike said:
Damn fine post Marina....a few more people ought to read this and see what Mike and the rest of the guys ACTUALLY tried to acheive with ATS!!!!

Marina said:

ive read it and commented. he couldnt be more right. and i'll be completely honest the album sounded really weird when i first listened to it, then i put it in my car and i must have gone though it another three times and it sounded amazing. there are so many layers to this album that giving one or two listens is not enough. and there will always be naysayers for every album they do, i remember chester saying something about when meteora came out people were saying "where's did my favorite band go?" ive been a fan since crawling and will still be. i was really impressed with this album and i dont think they care if they lose fans or not, they are clearly not going for mainstream here or what they think the fans like.
for those who dont like the album you're entitled to your own opinion, just dont insult people along the way. and if your open to doing it, i also think you should listen to the album from beginning to end, at least three times.

about the album: they've been doing techno and this sort of stuff since the very beginning,so i dont know how people can say "this is not LP".

Marina said:

I agree with what you have said supriya.....I still feel that teh original flavours that made LP so different are still tehre in ATS...just some people cant seem to hear it!!!!

supriyahearts said:
ive read it and commented. he couldnt be more right. and i'll be completely honest the album sounded really weird when i first listened to it, then i put it in my car and i must have gone though it another three times and it sounded amazing. there are so many layers to this album that giving one or two listens is not enough. and there will always be naysayers for every album they do, i remember chester saying something about when meteora came out people were saying "where's did my favorite band go?" ive been a fan since crawling and will still be. i was really impressed with this album and i dont think they care if they lose fans or not, they are clearly not going for mainstream here or what they think the fans like.
for those who dont like the album you're entitled to your own opinion, just dont insult people along the way. and if your open to doing it, i also think you should listen to the album from beginning to end, at least three times.

about the album: they've been doing techno and this sort of stuff since the very beginning,so i dont know how people can say "this is not LP".

Marina said:

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service