I'm sorry but the new Linkin Park songs are the worst sounding piece of GARBAGE I EVER HEARD! What happen to them? They use to be great but now there music sounds like someone wasted ten seconds to put it together. They should be ashamed of themselves. I truly hope that this album is just a joke and they will release a real album this year. I WOULD NEVER WASTE MY MONEY ON THIS ALBUM!!!!! I wouldn't even take it if someone gave it to me for free. 

Views: 10430

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

What is with this 'everyone' mentality? Your opinion is yours, mine is mine.

Cameron Russell said:
The new albums just plain bad. Everyone likes Hybrid Theory. Go back to that style of music....simple. The modern age music with Lady Gaga and B.O.B is bad.
I think Wretches & Kings is one of their best sounding songs ever. The new sound Linkin Park is moving towards took me awhile to get used too but now I love it. If you don't like it then don't buy the CD. The joy of how the market works is you are free to do research about the CD then make an educated purchase if its something you want. Blindly buying a CD on a whim, you can't get mad when its not what you expected.
I'm also one of those people who's been a fan since Hybrid Theory and hence, I don't like this album. The first thing I thought when I heard "A Thousand Suns" is "they've gone too far" in terms of trying to obtain new fans. The thing is, I've realised that it's probably a sign that the time when you could buy an album from your 'favourite band" ( since Linkin Park is still mine) and expect to like it are long-gone. We should just buy albums after hearing a few singles we like off it. Like Mike Snyder said above, buying ablums "on a whim" just isn't going to work anymore. I really hope they make at least one more album that has the lyrics and sound of Meteora and Hybrid Theory, but until then, I'm not going to buy another album, but I'm not going to criticise the band or its new sound either. They aren't deliberately trying to piss-off us die-hard-old-school-LP fans after all.

Mike Snyder said:
I think Wretches & Kings is one of their best sounding songs ever. The new sound Linkin Park is moving towards took me awhile to get used too but now I love it. If you don't like it then don't buy the CD. The joy of how the market works is you are free to do research about the CD then make an educated purchase if its something you want. Blindly buying a CD on a whim, you can't get mad when its not what you expected.
This CD does have less good songs than all their previous albums. I wasn't a fan of 'Minutes to Midnight' right away it took me a few times through the CD to gain a liking of it. I know exactly how everyone feels when popping in these new CD's and you want to hear the old Linkin Park jam away with some mind blowing catchy tunes. Quite frankly I was practically enraged when I put 'Minutes to Midnight' in for the first time... now I expect this new sound so 'A Thousand Suns' is not as shocking.

Remove these tracks and A Thousand Suns is good:
- The The Requiem
- The The Radiance
- Fallout
- Empty Spaces
- Jornada Del Muerto
- Wisdom Justice and Love
- The Messenger

Laevashan Govender said:
I'm also one of those people who's been a fan since Hybrid Theory and hence, I don't like this album. The first thing I thought when I heard "A Thousand Suns" is "they've gone too far" in terms of trying to obtain new fans. The thing is, I've realised that it's probably a sign that the time when you could buy an album from your 'favourite band" ( since Linkin Park is still mine) and expect to like it are long-gone. We should just buy albums after hearing a few singles we like off it. Like Mike Snyder said above, buying ablums "on a whim" just isn't going to work anymore. I really hope they make at least one more album that has the lyrics and sound of Meteora and Hybrid Theory, but until then, I'm not going to buy another album, but I'm not going to criticise the band or its new sound either. They aren't deliberately trying to piss-off us die-hard-old-school-LP fans after all.

Mike Snyder said:
I hear alot of ppl trying to defend this album by saying that its different and a 'new style' of music... I challenge that because to me it sounds like what has been on the market for years now... Its called 'The Black Eyed Peas' just with a more political twist to it. And the reason I first started listening to linkin park was their originality and deep lyrical meaning in every song. As they have 'progessed' they now sound like many of other DJ's out there trying to make their buck so they can do what they really wanna do which judging by their songs is pushing some sort of agenda. Ummm.... Chester and Mike for presidency in 2012? because thats where their political ideas should be, lol. I dont challenge their sincerity because I think they deeply believe in what they do but I think their musically misguided at the moment. Even metallica had their dark days...
You people are soo boring, whining constantly over this new turn. Get over it at once. LP wins either way ;)

Chris Pyle said:
I hear alot of ppl trying to defend this album by saying that its different and a 'new style' of music... I challenge that because to me it sounds like what has been on the market for years now... Its called 'The Black Eyed Peas' just with a more political twist to it. And the reason I first started listening to linkin park was their originality and deep lyrical meaning in every song. As they have 'progessed' they now sound like many of other DJ's out there trying to make their buck so they can do what they really wanna do which judging by their songs is pushing some sort of agenda. Ummm.... Chester and Mike for presidency in 2012? because thats where their political ideas should be, lol. I dont challenge their sincerity because I think they deeply believe in what they do but I think their musically misguided at the moment. Even metallica had their dark days...

this guy has the right opinion!
It's called growth.
Sure this album is very different but i still love it like the other ones but not for the same reasons.And not all the album is so bad some of the songs are pretty good (wretches and kings). And as long as i can hear Chester's beautiful voice in any song that is a good song...^^
No such thing as the 'right' opinion
Would all you haters please just freaking shut up?! Nobody cares what you think! If you hate it so much then GO LISTEN TO A DIFFERENT FREAKING ALBUM! No one wants to sit and listen to you whine about the new album. I'm getting sick and tired of seeing gripe about it every time I log on!
Some of us live in America where there is free speech so we have every right to expressing our own opinion about how bad the new album sucks.

If you don't care to read about it, then wtf are you even in a thread titled "Linkin Park New Album Sucks!!!!" Just stay out of this thread and go to another thread like expressing your opinion about how great this album is or which band member is the cutest.

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service