I'm sorry but the new Linkin Park songs are the worst sounding piece of GARBAGE I EVER HEARD! What happen to them? They use to be great but now there music sounds like someone wasted ten seconds to put it together. They should be ashamed of themselves. I truly hope that this album is just a joke and they will release a real album this year. I WOULD NEVER WASTE MY MONEY ON THIS ALBUM!!!!! I wouldn't even take it if someone gave it to me for free. 

Views: 10430

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

LP, I remain a huge fan of yours, but I have to agree with many of the comments before mine; your new album is totally weak. The single song I can tolerate listening to is The Catalyst, though that's not saying much because not even that song itself is what I expected from LP. I am quite disappointed! PLEASE don't continue down the path of this new style with your next works! I really hope that you do pay attention to the comments being left on your own site and take them seriously. It's clearly not just a handful of fans that are upset. I found it odd when I saw you guys at the VMA playing The Catalyst, I thought it was pretty weak. Then I got the album when it released and found out why, it was the best song you had from the new album.
I wholeheartedly disagree, and I hope that someday you grow to respect that which you cannot like instead of lowering yourself by throwing insults.
I think the album is the best thing that's happened to me this year.
Dex said:

Rofl wow... sorry to hear that... tough year eh? I'm not bashing/insulting the band, I still love all their previous albums and the new album won't change that. I just really expected more out of it, and you really can't condescend on me for not liking the change when it's obvious that a few thousand other fans aren't happy with it either. It feels somewhat as if LP tried taking the route Tom DeLonge took with Angels and Airwaves, which I happen to like quite a bit, but didn't succeed quite as well.
After buying and listening to the album (over and over again...) I have grown to love Linkin Park even more. Sure it is totally different to Hybrid Theory and Meteora however when LP released Minutes to Midnight this album was also slightly different and not as hard core as the first 2 mentioned above. I feel they have grown and we have all grown with them. So what if it is not heavy respect them for taking us on a journey with them. Good on them for going out on a limb they will always be number 1 in my heart. No need to turn on each other either - we are all entitled to our own opinions.
Albert Gomez said:
Dex said:

"Rofl wow... sorry to hear that... tough year eh? I'm not bashing/insulting the band"

What a contradiction, you JUST bashed the band before you said you weren't doing that.

Albert Gomez said:
I just really expected more out of it, and you really can't condescend on me for not liking the change when it's obvious that a few thousand other fans aren't happy with it either.

I didn't condescend you in any way, I just stated how I feel about it.
I don't appreciate you belittling my tastes just because the happen to be different to yours either, I haven't done that to you.
Agree with Dex ^
rubbish??? man, are you listening to yourself? what the hell is your problem? go make your own music and listen to it and don't insult people you are far from being compared to.. I'm just saying...

Adam Jorgensen said:
I have tried to give this album,I mean rubbish another chance, and its just not happening.For 1 yes like everyone else I loved Hybrid Theory and Meteora,and I also loved Re-animation and even loved M2M and why? because although they were slightly different albums, the elements were still the same.And for some clown to say that this is a progression from M2M,wake up! it sounds nothing or even close to anything on that album.There is no transition,its a total back flip! Im sick of hearing about growth and maturing of the band.Some of the lyrics are a sign of maturing but the sounds on the album are from mature,dance/pop/ I dont know rubbish! And no one wants to hear another political or world problems band,leave that to Rage Against The Machine they were doing it first so this album is far from an original concept.People are disapointed for a reason,they loved this band and with their support got to were they are because of that support and buying the albums.Music is art and is out there for opinion,so take it on board and make albums your fans want to hear and buy, or keep at what your doing and hope to gain new fans who will like this tripe.Respect to LP and hope we get our ol LP back.Doesnt have to be the same as Hybrid or Meteora but the elements of those albums with Chester belting his lungs out,Mike adding his flavour on top,Brad almost breaking strings,Rob bashing the crap outta his drums and Hahn adding the icing on the cake is all we need ;)
AJ I have to agree with Marina....mate....you might not like this album...along with other "fans" who are too arrogant and feel they have a RIGHT to disrespect the guys in such a way....but some of us do like this album...and see the world that exists beyond the end of our own goddamn knows!!!! I am so sick of you lot bitching...wanting LP to be what YOU want them to be...for god's sake..they have a right to express themselves in any way they see fit...the guys were not put on this earth to live up to yours expectations!!!!

Marina said:
rubbish??? man, are you listening to yourself? what the hell is your problem? go make your own music and listen to it and don't insult people you are far from being compared to.. I'm just saying...
Adam Jorgensen said:
I have tried to give this album,I mean rubbish another chance, and its just not happening.For 1 yes like everyone else I loved Hybrid Theory and Meteora,and I also loved Re-animation and even loved M2M and why? because although they were slightly different albums, the elements were still the same.And for some clown to say that this is a progression from M2M,wake up! it sounds nothing or even close to anything on that album.There is no transition,its a total back flip! Im sick of hearing about growth and maturing of the band.Some of the lyrics are a sign of maturing but the sounds on the album are from mature,dance/pop/ I dont know rubbish! And no one wants to hear another political or world problems band,leave that to Rage Against The Machine they were doing it first so this album is far from an original concept.People are disapointed for a reason,they loved this band and with their support got to were they are because of that support and buying the albums.Music is art and is out there for opinion,so take it on board and make albums your fans want to hear and buy, or keep at what your doing and hope to gain new fans who will like this tripe.Respect to LP and hope we get our ol LP back.Doesnt have to be the same as Hybrid or Meteora but the elements of those albums with Chester belting his lungs out,Mike adding his flavour on top,Brad almost breaking strings,Rob bashing the crap outta his drums and Hahn adding the icing on the cake is all we need ;)
I haven't been on the linkin park forum/website since I was 13. I am now 19. I decided to sign up because it's been 2 days of me listening to their new album, a thousand suns. I thought Minutes to Midnight was pretty bad and strayed so far from what LP used to sound like. Which is okay if that was their goal, but that is not what I, the consumer and Fan wanted. So after LP changed their sound slightly in Minutes to Midnight I decided to not waste any more money and just listen to their next album, a thousand suns, on youtube. I am very happy I did so because it is not worth my money. To show the band how disappointed I am I am not supporting them any longer. Whoever said bands don't have to cater to us are correct. They do what they want, but they must understand it comes with consequences. A totally different fanbase and a decreased fan base as well. As for "open your mind, there's a deep meaning in these songs." That is bullshit to a lot of people. You MAY see meaning which is totally dependent upon your thought process and experiences in life, and other people don't see shit. There is nothing there for me. And 90% of the generation don't listen to songs for meaning, they listen to the sexy beats and flow and they want to move. They don't want to sit and ponder and reflect. I don't mind doing both honestly, but LP did not deliver any of this. The album is a deer in headlights.
The album wasn't what I expected I admit, but I disagree thatit's a bad album, to me its fantastic and all LP's stuff will be, but everyones entitled to their own opinion.
the album is nothing like the old linkin park we love, but it`s different & i love it!!!!
really 4 years, so you waited for ats before m2m came out, interesting

nysal2000 said:
this album is horrible. i waited four years for this?

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service