If I had to guess, I would say that most of the members on this site are TRUE FANS of Linkin Park (I say 'If I had to guess' because there are those select few who join these kinds of things just to make fun of them...).  As fans of the music, we love all/most of their music right?  But the question is, which music do we like better?  The old nu-metal rap style such as in Hybrid Theory and Meteora?  Or the more mellow alternative style of Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns?  My personal opinion:  I love ALL of their music, every song...but if I had to choose, I think I actually like the newer things just a little better.  That's why I'm starting this discussion: I want to know YOUR personal thoughts and opinions on Linkin Park's change in style throughout the years.  Feel free to share them with me!!!  I would love to hear what the Linkin Park fans of the world have to say!!! :D

Views: 3464

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's a good argument :)  Like I said, I love EVERY SINGLE ONE of their songs, but not everyone feels that way, mainly because of the style change, so I just want to get an idea of how other people feel about it too :)
I still like the old album, more powerful. They accompany me to grew up when I was teen. Just like now when i was 25 they still be my friends. I love LP forever...
I agree that the older albums are more associated with hardcore rock...but the newer songs are more mellow.  They are made that way because the band was just experimenting with new styles.  At this rate, I think that a lot of their future songs will be like those of 'A Thousand Suns', which I am REALLY looking forward to!!! :D

My favorite song by them used to be numb, but now I think its been overthrown by the catalyst. I love almost every single song by them. I love some more then others, but thats true for any artist. There are plenty of hardcore rock bands out there to satisfy that need which I have. Personally I think a thousand suns is miles ahead of minutes to midnight. Probably because it was there first time deviating from their more rock style. I would love more songs like the catalyst and burning in the skies from them. So in conclusion, I think that if they had stuck with their nu metal/ hardcore rock style, I would get bored of them by now. Change is sometimes a wonderful thing, contrary to what some might believe. :)

Nick,

You make some very good points :)  I too LOVE the catalyst and burning in the skies, as well as when they come for me and wretches and kings.  I think you are right; if they would've stuck to the same thing, they may have bored some of their fans...so you're right:  sometimes change is a good thing :)

Taylor Parrish said:

Nick,

You make some very good points :)  I too LOVE the catalyst and burning in the skies, as well as when they come for me and wretches and kings.  I think you are right; if they would've stuck to the same thing, they may have bored some of their fans...so you're right:  sometimes change is a good thing :)

Thanks :) I actually find I listen to a thousand suns more than their other stuff, which is a good sign for me.

I know!!  That's EXACTLY how I feel!!! :D  Sometimes I just sit in my room and listen to A Thousand Suns, but I have all the other albums :)

Taylor Parrish said:
I know!!  That's EXACLTY how I feel!!! :D  Sometimes I just sit in my room and listen to A Thousand Suns, but I have all the other albums :)
I have all there albums too. I really wish I could have seen them live this year. I should have gone to the new york concert, but silly me I chose the connecticut one. We know how that turned out.
Hahaha :)  I have never been to a concert :(  But I am hoping to go sometime in the future..I REALLY want to go!!  But I have seen a lot of their live performances and I'm very impressed with them :)

Taylor Parrish said:
Hahaha :)  I have never been to a concert :(  But I am hoping to go sometime in the future..I REALLY want to go!!  But I have seen a lot of their live performances and I'm very impressed with them :)

My advice is choose a location thats big and has a lot of people. If linkin park ever cancels a show, they will be more inclined to make it up if the venue is large. Connecticut, d.c., and ohio all got screwed. I've seen their live performances too on youtube and they are awesome.

They really are awesome :)  And there was supposed ot be a concert in Ohio??
Nick said:

Taylor Parrish said:

My advice is choose a location thats big and has a lot of people. If linkin park ever cancels a show, they will be more inclined to make it up if the venue is large. Connecticut, d.c., and ohio all got screwed. I've seen their live performances too on youtube and they are awesome.
yep. Two acually. They are awesome.

Taylor Parrish said:

They really are awesome :)  And there was supposed ot be a concert in Ohio??
Nick said:

Taylor Parrish said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service