If I had to guess, I would say that most of the members on this site are TRUE FANS of Linkin Park (I say 'If I had to guess' because there are those select few who join these kinds of things just to make fun of them...).  As fans of the music, we love all/most of their music right?  But the question is, which music do we like better?  The old nu-metal rap style such as in Hybrid Theory and Meteora?  Or the more mellow alternative style of Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns?  My personal opinion:  I love ALL of their music, every song...but if I had to choose, I think I actually like the newer things just a little better.  That's why I'm starting this discussion: I want to know YOUR personal thoughts and opinions on Linkin Park's change in style throughout the years.  Feel free to share them with me!!!  I would love to hear what the Linkin Park fans of the world have to say!!! :D

Views: 3463

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I dont like the new stuff at all..stopped listening to LP ever since Minutes to Midnight came out, then got all excited when ATS was suppose to come out...but for nothing heh. So i guess ill have those first 2 albums to listen to, and reanimation.

What they could do is make a Reanimation 2.0 for their new music. Remix the songs so they could sound like nu-metal style then both sides could be happy. Other than that...probably never buying another LP album again. saddens me to say this cuz they used to be my favorite band, heck its the first "american" band i ever heard and actually liked way back in 2000.

Awww :(  I'm sorry you feel that way...but I think if you join LP Underground they have exclusive sountracks you can buy, which probably contains some of the nu metal style :)

Rome said:

I dont like the new stuff at all..stopped listening to LP ever since Minutes to Midnight came out, then got all excited when ATS was suppose to come out...but for nothing heh. So i guess ill have those first 2 albums to listen to, and reanimation.

What they could do is make a Reanimation 2.0 for their new music. Remix the songs so they could sound like nu-metal style then both sides could be happy. Other than that...probably never buying another LP album again. saddens me to say this cuz they used to be my favorite band, heck its the first "american" band i ever heard and actually liked way back in 2000.

The old linkin park was epic. I loved every song of the hybrid theory and meteora. I only like about 7 songs out of minutes to midnight and a thousand suns. Pls guys create another hybrid theory or meteora!
So I take it you don't like their new direction???  I'm sorry to hear that :(  But there are always disappointments and controversy that come with liking a band...it's just part of the deal :)  But maybe some day they will revert back to their old style...you never know!!  So don't give up hope!!! :D
C. Vernon said:
The old linkin park was epic. I loved every song of the hybrid theory and meteora. I only like about 7 songs out of minutes to midnight and a thousand suns. Pls guys create another hybrid theory or meteora!
Yeah but some bands like Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Finger Eleven, still sound about the same and enjoy a huge amount of success. Even Disturbed has kept a similar style for YEARS and still is successful and if they release another "same copy" album people will still eat it up like crazy cuz its just good music. There really isnt much need to "change direction" unless your sales r going down.
Needing and wanting are two COMPLETELY different things though.  They didn't change their sound  because they HAD to, but rather because they WANTED to.  If those other bands can keep them same style for years and be successful, that's great, but there's nothing wrong with a little experimentation, and that's all that Linkin Park wanted to do.  They didn't mean to disappoint their hardcore fans or anything, but they just wanted to try something new, adapt to the times I guess you could say.  Maybe that's good for them because they could possibly appeal to a wider audience.  Sure the change may lose some of their older fans, but you lose some you gain some.

Rome said:
Yeah but some bands like Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin, Finger Eleven, still sound about the same and enjoy a huge amount of success. Even Disturbed has kept a similar style for YEARS and still is successful and if they release another "same copy" album people will still eat it up like crazy cuz its just good music. There really isnt much need to "change direction" unless your sales r going down.
if you dont like them anymore because you dont like what there doing you never really liked them there for you dont belong on this sight!!!!!!!
Hahaha :) 

austin david shade said:
if you dont like them anymore because you dont like what there doing you never really liked them there for you dont belong on this sight!!!!!!!
well my opinion is that i really enjoy both but id prefer the older music because i like that style better but theyve continued to grow lyrically and shown that they can change and still be successful. I really thought the last album was genre busting and i liked the creativity,

I missed the Old Style of LP, a rap, metal ,hardcore...! thats what you've started for the past years. I wish that in your next album, it will come back,.but It doesn't matter now for me co'z I realized that LP is still LP , you guys are just evolving,.. you guys ROCK the music industry! =)

people need to relize that there will never be another hybrid theory or metora because they are already made linkin park will never go backwords just move forword and for those of you that dont want to move with them because your butt hurt get of the sight you dont belong here linkin park has no time for haters

definately agree. Linkin park is just a great band, i love them and all there music has lyrical depth so it doesnt matter to me

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service