If I had to guess, I would say that most of the members on this site are TRUE FANS of Linkin Park (I say 'If I had to guess' because there are those select few who join these kinds of things just to make fun of them...).  As fans of the music, we love all/most of their music right?  But the question is, which music do we like better?  The old nu-metal rap style such as in Hybrid Theory and Meteora?  Or the more mellow alternative style of Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns?  My personal opinion:  I love ALL of their music, every song...but if I had to choose, I think I actually like the newer things just a little better.  That's why I'm starting this discussion: I want to know YOUR personal thoughts and opinions on Linkin Park's change in style throughout the years.  Feel free to share them with me!!!  I would love to hear what the Linkin Park fans of the world have to say!!! :D

Views: 3582

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Haha I know!! :D

larrisa frink said:
lol! that's funny :D

Taylor Parrish said:
Haha I do too :D  The only thing about that is I may as well be talking to myself.  Lol :D

larrisa frink said:
i like it too. you're the only one that talks about LP besides my mom. yes, i talk to her about them :).

Taylor Parrish said:
Lol I like having discussions with you because there's always so much to talk about :D

larrisa frink said:
no prob :).

Taylor Parrish said:
Thanxx :D

larrisa frink said:
yeah, that's what i meant. i just didn't say it in those exact words. but you explains it more better than me :).

Taylor Parrish said:
I mean don't you think that if they stayed the same for 10 years that people MAY start to get bored with them??  I mean, not ME personally...I love LP no matter wht...but what about the other fans??  I'm not saying everyone would get bored, but changing up their style expands their fanbase, which is good for any band :)

larrisa frink said:
exactly. they didn't want to do the same thing over and over again every time they released an album. and i like the fact that they did change, it was a good thing. i think people don't want to except the fact that they changed, they think that they've been had. that's me opinion.

austin david shade said:
people need to relize that there will never be another hybrid theory or metora because they are already made linkin park will never go backwords just move forword and for those of you that dont want to move with them because your butt hurt get of the sight you dont belong here linkin park has no time for haters

I honestly don't like to say that the old or the new sound is better, because there are old songs which I like and there are also songs which I don't like, and the same is now.

The new sound may be different but the band is the same!

jocuri barbie jocuri cu masini

linkin park is so original, it wouldnt be lp if they didnt keep it new, theyre a one of a kind sound and i hope they stay that way
Haha I totally agree :)  I'm super excited to see what they'll come up with next... :D

Chad Marriott said:
linkin park is so original, it wouldnt be lp if they didnt keep it new, theyre a one of a kind sound and i hope they stay that way
hopefully some new lp and dead by sunrise and fort minor too haha
Hahaha :)  Well I know that Mike Shinoda is pretty much done with Fort Minor (which he has announced several times...but not everyone is aware of that :D ).  He says he created Fort Minor as a side project so that he could do with that what he couldn't with Linkin Park...but he says now that he can pretty much do anything with Linkin Park, he really doesn't have much use for it anymore :)  As for Dead By Sunrise (and this is solely based on hearsay, but it COULD be true) I'm pretty sure they might have a new album coming out within the next few months.  And Linkin Park??  Based on the way they have released albums in the past, we may be looking at another one to three years (2012-2014) before we hear anything new from them...but that's ok :)  I'm pretty sure their latest upcoming project is the Transformers: Dark of the Moon movie premeire, so we only have to wait another month for that!! :D 

Chad Marriott said:
hopefully some new lp and dead by sunrise and fort minor too haha
i go on youtube all the time with people hating on the music videos and stuff makes me wounder if you were just gonna talk shit why were you watching the video!!!??? lol people are so stupid they have nothing better to do everybody says linkin park sold out i fight with them constently. in linkin parks defense its not selling out its growing up!!!!!!!!!
Ok so say that there's a company that sells computers.  Then they expand their line to computers AND cell phones.  So OBVIOUSLY because they've started selling a new product, they're selling out. -_-  WRONG!!  That's all Linkin Park is doing; expanding their music/ fanbase.  If you can't accept that then I consider that a personal problem.  Linkin Park is the best band in the whole world!! :D

austin david shade said:
i go on youtube all the time with people hating on the music videos and stuff makes me wounder if you were just gonna talk shit why were you watching the video!!!??? lol people are so stupid they have nothing better to do everybody says linkin park sold out i fight with them constently. in linkin parks defense its not selling out its growing up!!!!!!!!!
The kind where people are stupid :(

larrisa frink said:
i have the same problem as you. i hate it when people do that. what kind of world do we live in?!

austin david shade said:
Wow. That's a really hard question. Both the new and old styles are beautiful in their own ways.
I hate people who sit there and criticize others because they are not capable of doing anything themselves. LP is experimenting with their music and their style which makes them more special..... and if you are only their to criticize them then get the hell outta here!!!!!!
ok i think you guys all need to send me a friend request if you hate any of thier songs dont bother

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service