If I had to guess, I would say that most of the members on this site are TRUE FANS of Linkin Park (I say 'If I had to guess' because there are those select few who join these kinds of things just to make fun of them...).  As fans of the music, we love all/most of their music right?  But the question is, which music do we like better?  The old nu-metal rap style such as in Hybrid Theory and Meteora?  Or the more mellow alternative style of Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns?  My personal opinion:  I love ALL of their music, every song...but if I had to choose, I think I actually like the newer things just a little better.  That's why I'm starting this discussion: I want to know YOUR personal thoughts and opinions on Linkin Park's change in style throughout the years.  Feel free to share them with me!!!  I would love to hear what the Linkin Park fans of the world have to say!!! :D

Views: 3579

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Because of haters who just have to let people know how they feel insted of keeping their big mouths shut :(

larrisa frink said:
yeah. it wasn't like this when our moms, dads and grandparents growing
 up. how come we all get can't get along?
Taylor Parrish said:
The kind where people are stupid :(

larrisa frink said:
i have the same problem as you. i hate it when people do that. what kind of world do we live in?!

austin david shade said:
i go on youtube all the time with people hating on the music videos and stuff makes me wounder if you were just gonna talk shit why were you watching the video!!!??? lol people are so stupid they have nothing better to do everybody says linkin park sold out i fight with them constently. in linkin parks defense its not selling out its growing up!!!!!!!!!
I know right?!?!  I love Linkin Park so much!!! :D

TreyR said:
Wow. That's a really hard question. Both the new and old styles are beautiful in their own ways.
Yeah man!!  They're just instigators...jealous instigators.  Jealous, no talent instigators :)

ankita tripathi said:
I hate people who sit there and criticize others because they are not capable of doing anything themselves. LP is experimenting with their music and their style which makes them more special..... and if you are only their to criticize them then get the hell outta here!!!!!!

Love them all!!  And I is your friend!!  Double win!! :D

P.S. jsut discovered some new songs from LP...they're kinda old but oh well :)  They're from the LPU...my new faves (but that doen't mean I don't love ALL the other songs too!! :D)-----Qwerty, Across the Line, No Roads Left, You Ain't Gotsta Gotsta, Bubbles, No Laundry, Da Bloos, PB N Jellyfish, and 26 Lettaz in Da Alphabet
austin david shade said:

ok i think you guys all need to send me a friend request if you hate any of thier songs dont bother

well ik that mike shinoda said hes done with fort minor that doesnt mean a kid cant hope

actually i dont care about the old or the new. I like all of ther songs. Sometimes i wanna hear heavy, rap-rock, angry songs, i listen to Hybrid Theory, Meteora, or Reanimation and Collision Course. Sometimes i wanna hear original rock, more guitar, soft  songs i listen to Minutes To Midnight. Sometimes wanna hear other styles, like hip-hop only, alternative, electronic, punk, soft rock songs i listen to A Thosand Suns. I Love all of their albums, i hate when i have to chose. Here, there is no old Linkin Park, and new Linkin Park either. Their genre is not nu metal, nor alternative rock, nor electronic,...their genre is the Geat mixture of everything. I Love Linkin Park
Yepp :)  But fortunately there are SOME good people...like genuine LP fans!!! :D  Lol

larrisa frink said:
exactly. there's a buch of bad people in the world. so watch your back.

Taylor Parrish said:
Because of haters who just have to let people know how they feel insted of keeping their big mouths shut :(

larrisa frink said:
yeah. it wasn't like this when our moms, dads and grandparents growing
 up. how come we all get can't get along?
Taylor Parrish said:
The kind where people are stupid :(

larrisa frink said:
i have the same problem as you. i hate it when people do that. what kind of world do we live in?!

austin david shade said:
i go on youtube all the time with people hating on the music videos and stuff makes me wounder if you were just gonna talk shit why were you watching the video!!!??? lol people are so stupid they have nothing better to do everybody says linkin park sold out i fight with them constently. in linkin parks defense its not selling out its growing up!!!!!!!!!
Awwww :(  Sorry about that...

Chad Marriott said:

well ik that mike shinoda said hes done with fort minor that doesnt mean a kid cant hope

Wow you seriously took the words out of my mouth!!! :D  I biggest reason love their songs is because there's one for every mood someone can feel.  Linkin Park is just so original and passionate, and that's why they're my favorite band in the whole wide world!! :D

Jason Jiel N (Linh) - Tina's Bro said:
actually i dont care about the old or the new. I like all of ther songs. Sometimes i wanna hear heavy, rap-rock, angry songs, i listen to Hybrid Theory, Meteora, or Reanimation and Collision Course. Sometimes i wanna hear original rock, more guitar, soft  songs i listen to Minutes To Midnight. Sometimes wanna hear other styles, like hip-hop only, alternative, electronic, punk, soft rock songs i listen to A Thosand Suns. I Love all of their albums, i hate when i have to chose. Here, there is no old Linkin Park, and new Linkin Park either. Their genre is not nu metal, nor alternative rock, nor electronic,...their genre is the Geat mixture of everything. I Love Linkin Park

haha its alright. the rising tied is one of my favorite albums in all of music and i was hoping for more of that. maybe someday!!!

Taylor Parish said:

It's a possibility!! :D

Chad Marriott said:

haha its alright. the rising tied is one of my favorite albums in all of music and i was hoping for more of that. maybe someday!!!

Taylor Parish said:

there is no old or new Lp. there the same persons they were 11 years ago but they just dont wanna repeat themselves and want to explore different kinds of music and we should understand and accept that.And who says there new music aint good. A thousand suns was a very good album.There new style is quite innovative.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service