If I had to guess, I would say that most of the members on this site are TRUE FANS of Linkin Park (I say 'If I had to guess' because there are those select few who join these kinds of things just to make fun of them...).  As fans of the music, we love all/most of their music right?  But the question is, which music do we like better?  The old nu-metal rap style such as in Hybrid Theory and Meteora?  Or the more mellow alternative style of Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns?  My personal opinion:  I love ALL of their music, every song...but if I had to choose, I think I actually like the newer things just a little better.  That's why I'm starting this discussion: I want to know YOUR personal thoughts and opinions on Linkin Park's change in style throughout the years.  Feel free to share them with me!!!  I would love to hear what the Linkin Park fans of the world have to say!!! :D

Views: 3459

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ok now your making a little sence but if you want answers to all of your questions watch the making of a thousand sun the guys give all the answers you want like the instruments and stuff like that and most people that would agree with you im just saying like a sound not creativity plus starting your own band is the only way to get what YOU or anyone else wants in music bitching about it (not saying your bitching) isnt gonna change anything chester and mike have said the more people bitch about it the more there NOT gonna do it.

ok so if I stop they will do it ?? :P

we miss that a lot, you know ?! :(

well it is what it is their music not ours we have no right to complain about something that isnt ours and by we you mean who nobody speaks for me do you mean we as in the sound lovers who dont like the band itself??? anyway keep listening to more then just the sound listen to the words thats more important!!!
I wish I could Like this ^ ;)
Ok, so I agree with the fact that Minutes to Midnight was alittle softer than the previous albums...A Thousand Suns is GREAT...I LOVE "When They Come For Me" so much, I started youtubing drum covers because I am so fascinated in the way that Rob, Chester & Brad play...LOVE IT!!...Just because they have a few "softer" songs, doesn't mean that they're bad songs...The reason how I know I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Linkin Park, well, is because in 10yrs, I've NEVER gotten tired of hearing ANY one of their songs...Plus, they take up all 6 slots in my car's CD player AND its all I listen to when Im in the car...Thats how I know I am a true fan of theirs.

LPRockRap said:

Guys, we all love Linkin Park
It's so awesome !
but I think that their last album " A Thousand Suns " isn't as good as their Previous Albums !!!
Don't Say I'm Not A True Fan ,, I Love LP SO Much & They are the only band that I Love ,, Yes I Love Hybrid Theory & Meteora ... They Both Were Awesome :)
Minutes To Midnight, Well I Liked Some Of Its Songs, Like No More Sorrow, What I've Done, Given Up & In Pieces ,, But The Other Songs were just different than the Linkin Park we Knew, just too soft !!!!
Ok the album was still great with mix songs, at least there were some Hard songs !
But A Thousand Suns ?? I Heard It In The Beginning, HATED every song in it !!!!!
It was just too soft, way softer than the Real Linkin Park :S
After Listening more than once to the songs ,, I Liked The Catalyst The Most, Burning In The Skies, Waiting for the end & Iridescent !
But Still Its WAY TOO Soft Than LP ,, & The Disappointment Was that there was no Hard Songs At All !!!!
So Just If This Message Could Reach Linkin Park ,, We all would love Harder Songs In Future Albums, Even If There Has To Be Soft Songs !!

They Evolved ?? yeah ok ,, but still fans DEMAND some Hard Songs !

We Need Rock - Rap - Metal songs in the album, along with other genres ,, that would make the album truly GENRE-BREAKING ,, because it includes all genres or mix of it !

We Don't Want THE EXACT SAME TONE & SONGS From HT & Meteora !!!!!!

We Want Advanced & EVOLVED Songs That Satisfy Our Needs, & We Are Used To Metal, Rock & Rap ... so We Really Need Portions Of Those Along With The New Styles !!!!
Last But Not Least, I guess we all miss "Lying From You" Metal Style, "In The End" Rap/Rock Style, "From The Inside" Awesomeness & Of Course CHESTER's Screams !!!!
* just expressing my opinion !!

For me, they are just an AMAZING band, my all time favourite band , OLD or NEW LP, still LINKIN PARK.

Those new songs in their album are inspirational. The message of the song can relate to us. 

Their new album are just a combination of their old albums and it sounds unique.

They've grown up! =)

LP FOREVER!

For me, they are just an AMAZING band, my all time favourite band , OLD or NEW LP, still LINKIN PARK.

Those new songs in their album are inspirational. The message of the song can relate to us. 

Their new album are just a combination of their old albums and it sounds unique.

They've grown up! =)

LP FOREVER!

Tanya,

Very good points!!!  Seriously...most bands of modern America are all hype no talent and they have one style...autotuned.  Linkin Park is and always will be the same, lovable musical geniuses we all know and adore, even if their singing style doesn't remain the same.

Tanya Romanova said:

New or old? I don't know what to say. Probably, I say - old style. But the new style, too, to my liking. LP unique band. I will always interesting to listen to them, because it is a very diverse group. "Hybrid Theory" and "A Thousand Suns" - heaven and earth. Many fans were disappointed after the last album in them. Well, what do you want? Again HT? It's great, that they are experimenting and does not stand still. These guys know how to work with the music. I don't know what style will the new album, but I can say that the album will be GORGEYS, because it's Linkin Park!
___
I would like to ask the fans: Do you want to band released all of their albums in the style of HT and there was no progress and the band became a commercial project? Or do you want to hear something new that has never heard before? )))
I completely agree!!  LP had one lead singer before Chester...but did you ever hear anything about them during that time period??? NOPE!!!  :D

austin david shade said:
i agree with everything there great however how do you guys feel about this- that linkin park would be nothing without CHESTER BENNINGTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i think they would still be stuck in mikes garage if it wasnt for chester he can do anything.
Exactly!!  I mean, can you just imagine how boring life would get if you stayed the same age for the rest of it???  The same principles aplly to Linkin Park music :)

phoenix firenze said:
i love both the old and the new 'cause they're one and the same... it's like growing up, right? you don't stay 21 forever — you grow up, expand your knowledge, harness your skills and simply explore more things. i reckon that's how it is when you've grown up with their music and get inspired with the all the materials they share with everyone, especially their fans.

Raymond, If there was a like button on this comment I would definitely push it!! :D  I believe that even though Chester was angry in his younger years, he did a FANTASTIC job of channeling that anger into the music, so even though he may have been experiencing a few negative emotions, what he did reflected on people in a positive way: making music.  I think the best thing about the music of Linkin Park are the hidden emotions and stories behind them; the songs are much more beliveable than they would be if they were just singing the lyrics.  And now that they've all matured, their style kind of had to change because they weren't having problems like that anymore, so it would be hypocritical if they would have that style because the emotion would be forced.  The newer style is more serene and focuses more on positive emotion and less intensity in my opinion.

Raymond Jiang said:

I enjoy both their old and new styles; I like the mix they have with their old and new songs. In fact, from the beginning, there was always an indication that Linkin Park was a band that would experiment with different styles and music: The name of their first studio album, Hybrid Theory. That name was originally going to be the name of their group, until they had to change it to Linkin Park because another band already had the name Hybrid Theory. Anyway, Linkin Park wasn't quite as experienced musically at that time, and Chester Bennington and the other guys were only in their early 20's. The hardcore style of their old albums reflects Chester's experiences as a child and teen. He dealt with sexual assault, depression, parents' divorce and drug problems. These negative experiences translated into the music and formed those screaming vocals and angry lyrics that are so prominent in their early songs. As previously stated, Chester was still in his early 20's at the time, so those bad childhood experiences were probably still fresh in his mind. With their most recent albums Minutes To Midnight and A Thousand Suns, their maturity is definitely noticeable, and they sound more like an experienced rock band. The music sounds less angry, and are about more global issues rather than personal issues. Those fans that are complaining and asking why they had to change their style should understand that bands change their styles over time. It's part of their evolution. Chester should be over with his negative childhood experiences by now, after more than a decade in the band. So no longer will Linkin Park do many songs with lots of screaming vocals, intense power chords, and angry lyrics. They now have the experience to make music with more meaningful lyrics and themes. Chester himself has said he thinks music is a selfish art, and I agree with him. You won't get anywhere trying to please your fanbase, even if most of them don't like the music style you have right now.
Thank you for your honest opinion :)  But I don't think 'demanding' hard songs is going to change anything.  One of the great things about Linkin Park is that they do what THEY want to do...not what the fans want.  And if you're not willing to accept that they express themselves for the sake of expressing themselves and NOT for the benefit of the listeners, then I see that as a personal problem.  Not trying to sound rude, but that's somethings I MAJORLY disagree with.  The band has the right to make the music they want, and sorry to say that odds are, they will NEVER revert back to what they were, especially now that they're getting older.

LPRockRap said:

Guys, we all love Linkin Park
It's so awesome !
but I think that their last album " A Thousand Suns " isn't as good as their Previous Albums !!!
Don't Say I'm Not A True Fan ,, I Love LP SO Much & They are the only band that I Love ,, Yes I Love Hybrid Theory & Meteora ... They Both Were Awesome :)
Minutes To Midnight, Well I Liked Some Of Its Songs, Like No More Sorrow, What I've Done, Given Up & In Pieces ,, But The Other Songs were just different than the Linkin Park we Knew, just too soft !!!!
Ok the album was still great with mix songs, at least there were some Hard songs !
But A Thousand Suns ?? I Heard It In The Beginning, HATED every song in it !!!!!
It was just too soft, way softer than the Real Linkin Park :S
After Listening more than once to the songs ,, I Liked The Catalyst The Most, Burning In The Skies, Waiting for the end & Iridescent !
But Still Its WAY TOO Soft Than LP ,, & The Disappointment Was that there was no Hard Songs At All !!!!
So Just If This Message Could Reach Linkin Park ,, We all would love Harder Songs In Future Albums, Even If There Has To Be Soft Songs !!

They Evolved ?? yeah ok ,, but still fans DEMAND some Hard Songs !

We Need Rock - Rap - Metal songs in the album, along with other genres ,, that would make the album truly GENRE-BREAKING ,, because it includes all genres or mix of it !

We Don't Want THE EXACT SAME TONE & SONGS From HT & Meteora !!!!!!

We Want Advanced & EVOLVED Songs That Satisfy Our Needs, & We Are Used To Metal, Rock & Rap ... so We Really Need Portions Of Those Along With The New Styles !!!!
Last But Not Least, I guess we all miss "Lying From You" Metal Style, "In The End" Rap/Rock Style, "From The Inside" Awesomeness & Of Course CHESTER's Screams !!!!
* just expressing my opinion !!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service