If I had to guess, I would say that most of the members on this site are TRUE FANS of Linkin Park (I say 'If I had to guess' because there are those select few who join these kinds of things just to make fun of them...).  As fans of the music, we love all/most of their music right?  But the question is, which music do we like better?  The old nu-metal rap style such as in Hybrid Theory and Meteora?  Or the more mellow alternative style of Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns?  My personal opinion:  I love ALL of their music, every song...but if I had to choose, I think I actually like the newer things just a little better.  That's why I'm starting this discussion: I want to know YOUR personal thoughts and opinions on Linkin Park's change in style throughout the years.  Feel free to share them with me!!!  I would love to hear what the Linkin Park fans of the world have to say!!! :D

Views: 3445

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And you have to respect that times are changing too...so what if their new songs are softer??  It's who they are now, so respect it.  Even if you don't like it, respect it; change is part of LIFE.

LPRockRap said:

Austin David Shade :

I'm sure This Is Not Only My View ,, I'm Sure There Are TONS Of Fans That Think The Same As I Do !!!

Plz Don't Call Me Or Any one (Asshole), Respect opinions !!!

I'm just expressing opinion, not demanding !!!!

I'm just saying that we love harder songs, and even the older albums had soft songs !!

I'm a True Fan ,, Don't u Dare Say I'm not !!

I Like Some Of The New Songs ,, But They are never as good as the Hard songs !!

I'm A Fan & I Have The Right To Express My Opinion !!!!!!

Why Do U Care ???????!!!!!

This Isn't Fake Linkin Park !!! I Didn't Mean That !!!!!

Linkin Park Are Known As (( Best Rock Band ))) ,, Well This Isn't Their Level !!!!

They Can Do Better ,, Their New Songs Are NEARLY POP !!!

Maybe You Are One Of The New Fans That Love Soft Songs O.o

Well Linkin Park Are Known As Rock Band ,, Not POP Band !!!!!!!

I JOIN My Voice To THOUSANDS Of Other Fans & Say : PLEASE Linkin Park ,, Satisfy Us With SOME Hard Songs !!!!

THAT'S ALL !!!!!!!!!!!

Haha Alkey you are a MIND READER!! :D  I agree that they are good, Old and New.  One of my favorite things about them (I would list them all but NOBODY had that kind of time...) is that their songs are sooo relatable to others (mostly the younger population), especially since they're still some what younger themselves.  They are VERY inspirational, and I would give ANYTHING to see them live!!! :D 

Alkey Bulanhagui Salcedo said:

For me, they are just an AMAZING band, my all time favourite band , OLD or NEW LP, still LINKIN PARK.

Those new songs in their album are inspirational. The message of the song can relate to us. 

Their new album are just a combination of their old albums and it sounds unique.

They've grown up! =)

LP FOREVER!

I love the old LP so much! but I also enjoy hearing the new LP, like ATS <3 and MTM Chester's Given up xD but mostly I love all their music old new in between doesnt matter :D  nd they've gorwn up and so did their music ;) LP 4 Ever <3
this goes to all the people on this page guys linkin park will probly do music until chesters voice blows up mike turns mute brad forgets how to play the guitar rob loses his arms and pheonix starts going by his real name lol i couldnt think of anything for him he is a bass player after all lol but all im saying is if you like hybrid theory listen to it if you like ats do the same and if your like me and tayor parrish there is nothing wrong with you and on that note the date is october 19th its my birthday im 25 FTW!!!!!! lol
omg agree on that, and Joe forgets how to scratch ?
 and stops makin videos and u ll see only videos available are by fans phones xD
austin david shade said:
this goes to all the people on this page guys linkin park will probly do music until chesters voice blows up mike turns mute brad forgets how to play the guitar rob loses his arms and pheonix starts going by his real name lol i couldnt think of anything for him he is a bass player after all lol but all im saying is if you like hybrid theory listen to it if you like ats do the same and if your like me and tayor parrish there is nothing wrong with you and on that note the date is october 19th its my birthday im 25 FTW!!!!!! lol
What about 'til Phoenix's fingers drop off'? :D Bass playing needs fingers! :D Happy birthday for a couple of days ago :) :) :)

austin david shade said:
I like the old Linkin Park
I am a 21 years old Taiwan Fan. Before I first listened to "Breaking the habit"(I was 13), I don't know what is Rock Music and I simply thought it is. LP is a pioneer of my music listening career. I think a good band need to challenge themselves over and over again so I totally agree that LP tries new style of music but I like old better. You Know, I like they change the style and I like old better. There is not a paradox.
I love both but hybrid theory and meteora will always hold a special place in my heart...
true it is not a paradox :)

William Lin said:
I am a 21 years old Taiwan Fan. Before I first listened to "Breaking the habit"(I was 13), I don't know what is Rock Music and I simply thought it is. LP is a pioneer of my music listening career. I think a good band need to challenge themselves over and over again so I totally agree that LP tries new style of music but I like old better. You Know, I like they change the style and I like old better. There is not a paradox.

I love them.

No matter what. But

The Hybrid Theory and Metora are my favorite albums... They just help me with life.

The most of people like "old LP" more, but for me they are always awesome!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service