If I had to guess, I would say that most of the members on this site are TRUE FANS of Linkin Park (I say 'If I had to guess' because there are those select few who join these kinds of things just to make fun of them...).  As fans of the music, we love all/most of their music right?  But the question is, which music do we like better?  The old nu-metal rap style such as in Hybrid Theory and Meteora?  Or the more mellow alternative style of Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns?  My personal opinion:  I love ALL of their music, every song...but if I had to choose, I think I actually like the newer things just a little better.  That's why I'm starting this discussion: I want to know YOUR personal thoughts and opinions on Linkin Park's change in style throughout the years.  Feel free to share them with me!!!  I would love to hear what the Linkin Park fans of the world have to say!!! :D

Views: 3579

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agree 100% on that, If youre a true LP fan, you would support them till the last moment of their career, old or new or remix, LP forever

Both. A Thousand Suns is very impacting and powerful.

And Hybrid Theory and Meteora have the sentimental value of emotional experience and time.

fisrtly, sorry abt my english :D . . linkin park is my favourite band ever.. they changed my life since the first day ive heard them..i dont have any doubt about this discussion.. i preffer old linkin park always... but.. despite all fan opinions.. i think their new style its a great job.. personally i dont like this new style but i think their musical work its impeccable.. they marked a checkpoint and one era at new metal´s history... and then they just put all the balls to create a new style bcause they needed a change.. and u just must see the results.. right.. they losed a lot of new metal fans but they won more fans since the change... anyway.. despite music styles.. they are writing the history as the beatles or rolling stones did.. to me.. linkin park its the new U2... changing our lifes worldwide... linkin park 4ever!!

Great! :) :) :) And your English is fine! :) ;)

I'd say I loved their new style as much as their old style. The nu-metal rap style is like their foundation. People loved them and are loving them because of that. That statement doesn't mean people hated their new style. You see, personally, I loved and became a follower of Linkin Park when I heard one of their songs; Crawling from Meteora, the first song I heard from them (I'm 17 ^^). It caught me. I became interested and dug up every inch of details I could find. I found Faint, Numb, In The End, Runaway, Given Up, What I've Done and the rest of the songs in Hybrid Theory, Meteora and Minutes to Midnight. Then, this album, A Thousand Suns was way different than the other 3. But, you know what, I still find the songs AWESOME! Iridescent, Waiting For The End, Robot Boy, The Catalyst. I know that I like to listen to heavy metal songs but Linkin Park just made me love Linkin Park music. It's like they are another genre. HEHE! Well, I guess too much for telling stuffs of how I feel. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEIR OLD, NU-METAL RAP STYLES IN THEIR NEW SONGS AS MUCH AS I AM THRILLED TO LISTEN TO THE EVOLVING NEW STYLE THEY'D COME UP TO. Yeah, over time there had been two distinct styles they've done but the way I see it, there is only Linkin Park. Whatever they'll come up to, LP genre is what I will always listen to...

(apologies for giving so much personal expression... just...) #LPfever

the old style is much better.ATS was epic crap.but burn it down was so similar to old songs like crawling or breaking the habit.

Hello :)
In my opinion, i like all of LP album. I think the recent album is kinda more and more mature and better. Just let see from the composition of music and lyric. They just expermenting in the recent album and i think it's kinda refreshing. As fan, i don't want my idol just stuck to one paradigm. I want them experienting, and that's what they do now.

crawling is track 5 on hybrid theory!

Carlo Adrian Bengco said:

I'd say I loved their new style as much as their old style. The nu-metal rap style is like their foundation. People loved them and are loving them because of that. That statement doesn't mean people hated their new style. You see, personally, I loved and became a follower of Linkin Park when I heard one of their songs; Crawling from Meteora, the first song I heard from them (I'm 17 ^^). It caught me. I became interested and dug up every inch of details I could find. I found Faint, Numb, In The End, Runaway, Given Up, What I've Done and the rest of the songs in Hybrid Theory, Meteora and Minutes to Midnight. Then, this album, A Thousand Suns was way different than the other 3. But, you know what, I still find the songs AWESOME! Iridescent, Waiting For The End, Robot Boy, The Catalyst. I know that I like to listen to heavy metal songs but Linkin Park just made me love Linkin Park music. It's like they are another genre. HEHE! Well, I guess too much for telling stuffs of how I feel. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEIR OLD, NU-METAL RAP STYLES IN THEIR NEW SONGS AS MUCH AS I AM THRILLED TO LISTEN TO THE EVOLVING NEW STYLE THEY'D COME UP TO. Yeah, over time there had been two distinct styles they've done but the way I see it, there is only Linkin Park. Whatever they'll come up to, LP genre is what I will always listen to...

I like all of their music, but I think Meteora style was the best and this album in my opinion is the best album ever ... but that doesn't mean they should make something like it again they should make something new every time they come out with new product, but listen to Lies Greed Misery live performance and compare it to the official one the live performance was so much better because of the excess usage of electronic in the official one ... so they should reduce the amount electronic sounds in the back ground and this album will be one of the best and most creative albums ever.

Sorry, got it all mixed up..

austin david shade said:

crawling is track 5 on hybrid theory!

Breaking the habit was the one in Meteora. Sorry. I used to play those two over and over again and forgot that Crawling was with One Step Closer and the others in Hybrid Theory.. Silly me! :P

get it right lol!

Breaking the habit was the one in Meteora. Sorry. I used to play those two over and over again and forgot that Crawling was with One Step Closer and the others in Hybrid Theory.. Silly me! :P

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service