If I had to guess, I would say that most of the members on this site are TRUE FANS of Linkin Park (I say 'If I had to guess' because there are those select few who join these kinds of things just to make fun of them...).  As fans of the music, we love all/most of their music right?  But the question is, which music do we like better?  The old nu-metal rap style such as in Hybrid Theory and Meteora?  Or the more mellow alternative style of Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns?  My personal opinion:  I love ALL of their music, every song...but if I had to choose, I think I actually like the newer things just a little better.  That's why I'm starting this discussion: I want to know YOUR personal thoughts and opinions on Linkin Park's change in style throughout the years.  Feel free to share them with me!!!  I would love to hear what the Linkin Park fans of the world have to say!!! :D

Views: 3579

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Interesting way of putting it. You're definitely right about the songs/albums having different contexts during different times of your life. I think there's a lot of nostalgia for the older releases. Where do you think their "evolution" should head then? do you think there's any ideal direction that you would prefer for them to go?

Simona Gioè said:

I'm like you, Megan! I love ALL!
Linkin Park are always in evolution, and I think that their journey in the world of music is amazing... I can't choose between OLD and NEW, because are complementary. If old there wasn't, new wouldn't have existed. So, who loves new have to thank old. And after the old must necessarily be the new, during an evolution. So, if you love old more than new you have to know that new is nothing but the evolution of old LP (it is a "new old LP").
I can't make a decision. I listen to all their music in different times of my life, and I love it all!

Let's put it this way: I trust LP, so I'll follow their music in every direction they want to bring it. They really give me something different with each song they make; so, if I had the chance to give LP some advice, I'd just tell them: "Follow your instinct". I'll love them until they lose themselves and the only direction I want them to go is THEIR direction, because LP's music is too varied and too "their" to be classified or trapped in only one direction.
I hope you understand what I mean!

Steve Shapiro said:

Interesting way of putting it. You're definitely right about the songs/albums having different contexts during different times of your life. I think there's a lot of nostalgia for the older releases. Where do you think their "evolution" should head then? do you think there's any ideal direction that you would prefer for them to go?

Simona Gioè said:

I'm like you, Megan! I love ALL!
Linkin Park are always in evolution, and I think that their journey in the world of music is amazing... I can't choose between OLD and NEW, because are complementary. If old there wasn't, new wouldn't have existed. So, who loves new have to thank old. And after the old must necessarily be the new, during an evolution. So, if you love old more than new you have to know that new is nothing but the evolution of old LP (it is a "new old LP").
I can't make a decision. I listen to all their music in different times of my life, and I love it all!

I think that the new linkin park stuff is more involved than the old, but the old has more anger and resentment (understandable because they were younger when Meteora and Hybrid Theory were released). But all of that music beats this new album they released.

I disagree. I think that Mike has really grown in his singing and his voice on "Castle of Glass" is amazing.

austin david shade said:

i like it all as well i wouldnt have gotten chesters flames tattooed on my left forarm with the lp symbal from minutes to midnight on the same wrist if i was just going to hate them later i am commited to the end i will back linkin park and espescially chester up till i die i do think however that mike should stick to rapping and leave the singing to chazy chaz

um yeah the last half of the album was boring as hell mike does need to stop the singing at least by himself if he wants to sing with chester fine but hes so DULL by himself i love linkin park but i dont love shinoda he ruined the last half of the new albulm apart from the last song he NEEDS TO KEEP RAPPING!!!

and fyi i have been listening to them since they first came out when they where zero and mikes producer brought chester in because mike wasnt good enough to do it alone. im 26 now if anybody is gonna reply i hope its someone with a brain and at least started when meteora came out thanks!!!

Megan R. said:

I disagree. I think that Mike has really grown in his singing and his voice on "Castle of Glass" is amazing.

austin david shade said:

i like it all as well i wouldnt have gotten chesters flames tattooed on my left forarm with the lp symbal from minutes to midnight on the same wrist if i was just going to hate them later i am commited to the end i will back linkin park and espescially chester up till i die i do think however that mike should stick to rapping and leave the singing to chazy chaz

OMG You don't have to rude because that was completely uncalled for. I have a brain and clearly you don't have enough respect for other people's opinion to have a civilized discussion. You don't know me and saying you're 26 wtf is that supposed to mean to me?? I'm not some teenager, I am grown woman who is older than you are.

austin david shade said:

um yeah the last half of the album was boring as hell mike does need to stop the singing at least by himself if he wants to sing with chester fine but hes so DULL by himself i love linkin park but i dont love shinoda he ruined the last half of the new albulm apart from the last song he NEEDS TO KEEP RAPPING!!!

and fyi i have been listening to them since they first came out when they where zero and mikes producer brought chester in because mike wasnt good enough to do it alone. im 26 now if anybody is gonna reply i hope its someone with a brain and at least started when meteora came out thanks!!!

Megan R. said:

austin david shade said:

i wasnt referring to you being a kid sorry you took it that way the response to you was mike shinoda not being good at singing just a fine example is how little range he has and how much time on the album he wasted. the other part was supposed to be for anybody else who wanted to reply not you sorry again!

Megan R. said:

OMG You don't have to rude because that was completely uncalled for. I have a brain and clearly you don't have enough respect for other people's opinion to have a civilized discussion. You don't know me and saying you're 26 wtf is that supposed to mean to me?? I'm not some teenager, I am grown woman who is older than you are.

austin david shade said:

Megan R. said:

austin david shade said:

no need to divide them into old and new, they are all the same linkin park))) their new album as good as others

I like their old stuff a lot better.

I think they are still the same Linkin Park, but every person see different through its eyes. And the new album Living Things reminds me on Minutes to Midnight...
Well when A Thousand Suns came out I loved every single one of their songs, but when I was reading comments below videos on You Tube, I became sad because "supposed true fans" were talking that their album sucks, but it didn't...
I have nothing else to say..

the album was just different

Of course the line between the new style of the group and the old discern, but one thing is certain, it is that sends us a group, then that puts us in a state of ecstasy, freedom and peace of mind, each period of the life of the group is unique. For me in the first place is their unique talent to create truly great music, so good luck to them, we are with them always!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service