If I had to guess, I would say that most of the members on this site are TRUE FANS of Linkin Park (I say 'If I had to guess' because there are those select few who join these kinds of things just to make fun of them...).  As fans of the music, we love all/most of their music right?  But the question is, which music do we like better?  The old nu-metal rap style such as in Hybrid Theory and Meteora?  Or the more mellow alternative style of Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns?  My personal opinion:  I love ALL of their music, every song...but if I had to choose, I think I actually like the newer things just a little better.  That's why I'm starting this discussion: I want to know YOUR personal thoughts and opinions on Linkin Park's change in style throughout the years.  Feel free to share them with me!!!  I would love to hear what the Linkin Park fans of the world have to say!!! :D

Views: 3458

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

With all due respect, I would like to have an opinion about this. HEY! Don't be harsh to Mike. It could be true that the songs could be dull if Mike do the lead vocals alone. (Correct me if I'm wrong, there were songs wherein Mike do the vocals alone. It wasn't crap. It was fairly good.) It just bothers me when you JUST say that Mike doesn't sing well. He did an awesome job doing the backing vocals. On the other hand, you're right that he has a smaller voice range than Chester. Hehe!

austin david shade said:

i wasnt referring to you being a kid sorry you took it that way the response to you was mike shinoda not being good at singing just a fine example is how little range he has and how much time on the album he wasted. the other part was supposed to be for anybody else who wanted to reply not you sorry again!

Megan R. said:

OMG You don't have to rude because that was completely uncalled for. I have a brain and clearly you don't have enough respect for other people's opinion to have a civilized discussion. You don't know me and saying you're 26 wtf is that supposed to mean to me?? I'm not some teenager, I am grown woman who is older than you are.

austin david shade said:

um yeah the last half of the album was boring as hell mike does need to stop the singing at least by himself if he wants to sing with chester fine but hes so DULL by himself i love linkin park but i dont love shinoda he ruined the last half of the new albulm apart from the last song he NEEDS TO KEEP RAPPING!!!

and fyi i have been listening to them since they first came out when they where zero and mikes producer brought chester in because mike wasnt good enough to do it alone. im 26 now if anybody is gonna reply i hope its someone with a brain and at least started when meteora came out thanks!!!

Megan R. said:

I disagree. I think that Mike has really grown in his singing and his voice on "Castle of Glass" is amazing.

austin david shade said:

i like it all as well i wouldnt have gotten chesters flames tattooed on my left forarm with the lp symbal from minutes to midnight on the same wrist if i was just going to hate them later i am commited to the end i will back linkin park and espescially chester up till i die i do think however that mike should stick to rapping and leave the singing to chazy chaz

Mike does have a smaller range and that is fine. He knows that, but I think they make good use of his voice and he and Chester harmonize beautifully. But compared to the first song he sang by himself on M2M, he has improved. Now, I can understand if Austin thinks the songs are boring for whatever reason, that's his prerogative and opinion. I happen to love them. But I totally agree Adrian, I think that it is harsh to just bust Mike up like that and say that he should only rap. Mike is extremely talented and IMO deserves more respect than that. But that is just me.

Oh and Austin, thanks for the apology. I think it came across the way I took based on the way you wrote your post. But I totally appreciate the apology =))

Carlo Adrian Bengco said:

With all due respect, I would like to have an opinion about this. HEY! Don't be harsh to Mike. It could be true that the songs could be dull if Mike do the lead vocals alone. (Correct me if I'm wrong, there were songs wherein Mike do the vocals alone. It wasn't crap. It was fairly good.) It just bothers me when you JUST say that Mike doesn't sing well. He did an awesome job doing the backing vocals. On the other hand, you're right that he has a smaller voice range than Chester. Hehe!

austin david shade said:

i wasnt referring to you being a kid sorry you took it that way the response to you was mike shinoda not being good at singing just a fine example is how little range he has and how much time on the album he wasted. the other part was supposed to be for anybody else who wanted to reply not you sorry again!

Megan R. said:

OMG You don't have to rude because that was completely uncalled for. I have a brain and clearly you don't have enough respect for other people's opinion to have a civilized discussion. You don't know me and saying you're 26 wtf is that supposed to mean to me?? I'm not some teenager, I am grown woman who is older than you are.

austin david shade said:

um yeah the last half of the album was boring as hell mike does need to stop the singing at least by himself if he wants to sing with chester fine but hes so DULL by himself i love linkin park but i dont love shinoda he ruined the last half of the new albulm apart from the last song he NEEDS TO KEEP RAPPING!!!

and fyi i have been listening to them since they first came out when they where zero and mikes producer brought chester in because mike wasnt good enough to do it alone. im 26 now if anybody is gonna reply i hope its someone with a brain and at least started when meteora came out thanks!!!

Megan R. said:

I disagree. I think that Mike has really grown in his singing and his voice on "Castle of Glass" is amazing.

austin david shade said:

i like it all as well i wouldnt have gotten chesters flames tattooed on my left forarm with the lp symbal from minutes to midnight on the same wrist if i was just going to hate them later i am commited to the end i will back linkin park and espescially chester up till i die i do think however that mike should stick to rapping and leave the singing to chazy chaz

HEHE! I guess you're right. It's fine. Nevertheless, Mike still sounds good on Roads Untraveled and Castle of Glass, for me. ^^ I think Chaz can still scream well. It's just that, in live performance, he couldn't scream all the way up to the final minute of the hour-long concert. Well, that's the way I see it. Now, I can't simply differentiate the OLD and NEW styles of LP. I can just clearly see that the OLD to NEW was their journey! Everything from day 1 has been part of their journey. M2M, ATS and LT should be thankful to HT and Meteora because without them, they couldn't have existed. In the same way, HT and Meteora should be proud of M2M, ATS and LT because they didn't just stayed to the unique music HT and Meteora established, they have evolved to an also unique and more mature versions. HEHE! I so love LP that I start personifying the 5 albums! HAHAHAHA!

bleed it out pulled the ceiling of my room

Valya Andreeva said:

Old or new? Does it even matter? Their voices didn't change. Their skills didn't change. They are who they were.

I love the songs "Papercut","Numb", "Faint", but I also love "The Catalyst", "Bleed It Out", "Waiting For The End". The last one is even as my phone ringtone. :)

blackbird is a music with an imagination of a giant black bird flying above you...

I like the new stuff more then the old, I'm sure they'll make an album again similar to their older sounds though. People need to stop crying in youtube comments.

Even though the first Linkin Park song that I heard was What I've Done, I prefer their old stuff because it's more awesome. I still like their new stuff though, Living Things is great!

I am definitely a true fan of LP - not here to make fun of them. They are amazing! Honestly, I don't like each and every one of their songs, but I do like most of them. I couldn't tell which Linkin Park I like better - old or new. This is partly because most of my favorite songs are off Hybrid Theory, A Thousand Suns and LIVING THINGS. (Papercut, Waiting For the End, and I'LL BE GONE are my favorites.) I like both old and new.

For me every album every song is masterpeace, I think who think that he is real LP fun those will love every creation of them, but actually new is always acceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think all of lp music is awesome and that their the best alternative rock band today

well i think the old is definitely much better. It had so much power, and was full of life.The current , new style is so plain and boring except 1 or 2 songs of course (meaning - Burn it Down, What i've Done).
The new album also doesnt worth buying just for one song (Burn it Down) ,couse the other songs r just too boring...
I mean listen to example One step Closer or Faint, and then any other songs except Burn it Down from the new album.
So I simply just loved the old LP, but now...

I love Old Forever, LP is awesome always with every song, but Old time impressed me, i made lover of LP because of that Old songs, in fact i wanna get back to my kid times and old times of LP times when I had only 8 years old and i was crazy about Hybrid Theory,,, my life's songs are IN THE END, CRAWLING, NUMB, everything is about Old times, the time some young men made a band and tried to take attentions, everything is about Hybrid Theory and Meteora ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service