If I had to guess, I would say that most of the members on this site are TRUE FANS of Linkin Park (I say 'If I had to guess' because there are those select few who join these kinds of things just to make fun of them...).  As fans of the music, we love all/most of their music right?  But the question is, which music do we like better?  The old nu-metal rap style such as in Hybrid Theory and Meteora?  Or the more mellow alternative style of Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns?  My personal opinion:  I love ALL of their music, every song...but if I had to choose, I think I actually like the newer things just a little better.  That's why I'm starting this discussion: I want to know YOUR personal thoughts and opinions on Linkin Park's change in style throughout the years.  Feel free to share them with me!!!  I would love to hear what the Linkin Park fans of the world have to say!!! :D

Views: 3445

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

it's wonderful to realize how much this band as well as their songs have grown so much. i totally agree that people will just forget things if they just stay the same. but i also agree that people just miss the old stuff. the bad boys! haha! but take time to listen closely to the lyrics of each song. it reflects them (in a way. a way that I can see haha). their music, Mike, Chester, Rob, Brad, Phoenix, Joe... from powerful songs that show the bursts anger, deep feelings and excitement of youngsters (yeah! Chaz screams are the best ^^) to inspirational and meaningful songs that show concern, awareness and appreciation of the big guys.. then this fifth album in which they try to put all in.. they're so great. they've become one of the most versatile and flexible band! i want them to keep improving and hear a lot of new things from them. HT and Meteora will not vanish. proof is many people STILL listen to songs in those album. new LP stuffs don't override the old. it just adds to what Linkin Park has become! ^^

old

well for me i still love the old album instead of the new ones. their old albums got good rhymes,tunes,lyrics. i'm not saying that the new ones are not as good as the old ones it's just that the old music rocks to your soul and makes you relax even if it is a rock music. i hope that they will/would make another album that is like the old ones. still linkin park rocks and i salute you for having the guts to change your genre and explore more kinds of stuff.

COME ON COME ON COME ON -_- OVER IT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE -_- :(((( STOP COMPARING OLD OR YOUNG 

THERE'S NOT OLD OR YOUNG WHO SAYING THAT ? ? ? ? ? ?

OLD OLD OLD YOUNG YOUNG YOUNG PLEASE SOLDIERS , LP IS NOT MADE DIFFERENT LP JUST GREW UP THAT'S IT, DAMN 

SOLDIERS THINK ABOUT IT WHEN BAND START AT 2000 MIKE HAD 23 NOW ? MICHEAL IS 36 AFTER 12 YEARS 

WHAT DO U WANT OF THEM, ? 

TRUE LP FAN WILL LOVE THEM IN ANY STYLE THIS IS THE NAME OF BAND DID CHANGED ? NO AS FAR AS I KNOW IS STILL LINKIN PARK. IS TILL CHESTER BENNINGTON, MICHEAL  SHINODA , JOE HAHN, ROBERT BOURDON, BRAD DELSON, & DAVID FARREL NOTHING'S CHANGED SO PLEASE STOP DOING THAT TO OURSELVES , WE ARE LP FAMILY NO NEED TO COMPARE IT LIKE THIS WAY 

Hi, well personally I think each album shows them evolving as people as their lives and experiences change, the same for all of us. I have read comments on various sites slating the newer work however a true appreciative fan will understand the changing process all of us go through in life and therefore will appreciate what LP do in each album. Each song tells a story, relays an emotion or tries to get a message through - each song is moving in a different way - hence my love for this band and their music - aside from the fact they are also extremely cute :)

Well i would Say I never compared their Old tO their new album....I was always a Lp sOldier!their music made a human..I lOve all their albums!!their music was soothing and would always b soothing to our ears..uts just they haved grew up!their lyrics r still the same motivating people to live!

Well, I have in mind that I used to grew up with the band -- according to the time, I got older and appreciate the different sounds that Linkin Park has done so far. I like Linkin Park in general, and I won't divide the ages of the band, but I can ray that my favourite album is Hybrid Theory for sure.
- Dani, Brazil

When I start to become a fan of LP, I'm only listen to their old stuffs but at that time, I don't like their new material but later I accept it and start listening from Minutes To Midnight to Living Things. I don't like people who says "New LP fucking sucks!" because if they said that, they are NOT A REAL LINKIN PARK FAN!!! They are just a nu metal-heads.

I FUCKING LOVE LINKIN PARK. OLD AND NEW.

As you do... i love all of their songs.... but i think they should combine both styles of music in their albums.... Living Things is awesome because it had the two styles (soft and nu-metal) but they are really close to be the gods of music...

Tim said:

I like the new stuff more then the old, I'm sure they'll make an album again similar to their older sounds though. People need to stop crying in youtube comments.

Linkin park has changed sorry get over it. Blindly following a band because of their name is not intelligents its denile. they are my favorite band however you DARE not say im not a true fan just because I dislike a few of their songs. SORRY IF THOSE OF US OLDSCHOOL FANS HAVE TASTE.

Matthew Color said:

COME ON COME ON COME ON -_- OVER IT PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE -_- :(((( STOP COMPARING OLD OR YOUNG 

THERE'S NOT OLD OR YOUNG WHO SAYING THAT ? ? ? ? ? ?

OLD OLD OLD YOUNG YOUNG YOUNG PLEASE SOLDIERS , LP IS NOT MADE DIFFERENT LP JUST GREW UP THAT'S IT, DAMN 

SOLDIERS THINK ABOUT IT WHEN BAND START AT 2000 MIKE HAD 23 NOW ? MICHEAL IS 36 AFTER 12 YEARS 

WHAT DO U WANT OF THEM, ? 

TRUE LP FAN WILL LOVE THEM IN ANY STYLE THIS IS THE NAME OF BAND DID CHANGED ? NO AS FAR AS I KNOW IS STILL LINKIN PARK. IS TILL CHESTER BENNINGTON, MICHEAL  SHINODA , JOE HAHN, ROBERT BOURDON, BRAD DELSON, & DAVID FARREL NOTHING'S CHANGED SO PLEASE STOP DOING THAT TO OURSELVES , WE ARE LP FAMILY NO NEED TO COMPARE IT LIKE THIS WAY 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service