If I had to guess, I would say that most of the members on this site are TRUE FANS of Linkin Park (I say 'If I had to guess' because there are those select few who join these kinds of things just to make fun of them...).  As fans of the music, we love all/most of their music right?  But the question is, which music do we like better?  The old nu-metal rap style such as in Hybrid Theory and Meteora?  Or the more mellow alternative style of Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns?  My personal opinion:  I love ALL of their music, every song...but if I had to choose, I think I actually like the newer things just a little better.  That's why I'm starting this discussion: I want to know YOUR personal thoughts and opinions on Linkin Park's change in style throughout the years.  Feel free to share them with me!!!  I would love to hear what the Linkin Park fans of the world have to say!!! :D

Views: 3453

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love LP all together, so I'm with you right there :)  But I feel like the newer music (and remember this is only my PERSONAL opinion) can relate more to me as a person, with the whole 'man vs. technology clash'.  I mean, isn't that more of what the new generation is??  But that doesn't mean I love their old stuff any less...LP FOREVER!!! :D

Valya Andreeva said:

Old or new? Does it even matter? Their voices didn't change. Their skills didn't change. They are who they were.

I love the songs "Papercut","Numb", "Faint", but I also love "The Catalyst", "Bleed It Out", "Waiting For The End". The last one is even as my phone ringtone. :)

And now that we both agree on that, I have to ask you...do you prefer long hair or short??  Lol I'm just curious... :D

larrisa frink said:
yes, yes he does :).

Taylor Parrish said:
Because Mike Shinoda DEFINES awesome :D
larrisa frink said:
exactly! he sounds... well i can't describe it because it's too awesome. way too awesome for words.

Taylor Parrish said:
I like the way he sounds on the new one too...he sounds more loose and like he's having fun with it :)

larrisa frink said:
i like the way Mike sounds on this album. maybe they suggested that or something. i really like it.

Taylor Parrish said:

I think my favorite thing about their new album is that it is the least autotuned.  You can tell by the way they sing (If you have evr seen them before live by some means) the songs of 'A Thousand Suns' that they sound almost 100% like they do on the album!!!  I mean, of course a few adaptations will have to be made for performing for a live audience, but from what I can tell there is basiclly no difference.  However, I do like their older stuff as well.  My only concern: does anyone other than me think that the way Mike raps on the first two albums makes him sound like Jamaican/some kind of foreign??  I mean I know he's half Japanese, but that's not relevant to how he sounds...???

C@!T said:

I feel like the only person on earth who likes their new stuff a lot more than their older stuff. I only just recently came across their new album on youtube by chance, and haven't listened to them since I was a teen. I really liked them when I was a teenager because of the angst in their music and I related to it so much. I changed a lot since I was fifteen though, as I imagine most of us do. I would not be into Linkin Park right now if Hybrid Theory came out today. But I feel like their sound has expanded and become more alternative (I see a lot of comments saying they have become mainstream with this album! As if Meteora wasn't mainstream? I really can't relate to the youth today!) I feel like I have processed and their old sound and no longer have a use for it/have outgrown it. But I relate to their new stuff ten years later completely fresh. I also think where they are a very produced sound (some would say over-produced) the fact that they have polished that produced sound into a much more complex and current cinematic feel really justifies the highly produced sound. It's not overproduced now, I find it really carved out and far more interesting now than it had been before. I feel LP is a band who is really adaptive to changing sounds and bringing in a broader range of outside influences. But they are clearly far more experienced with this album than their first couple. I am sure I have a much different taste in music than the average LP fan though, so I realize my opinions are not very standard or whatever.
I love them both, but the long hair winss :)
larrisa frink said:
on Mike you mean? I have to say short, but the long hair isn't bad either. i can't really decide.

Taylor Parrish said:
And now that we both agree on that, I have to ask you...do you prefer long hair or short??  Lol I'm just curious... :D

larrisa frink said:

Taylor Parrish said:
larrisa frink said:
exactly! he sounds... well i can't describe it because it's too awesome. way too awesome for words.

Taylor Parrish said:
I like the way he sounds on the new one too...he sounds more loose and like he's having fun with it :)

larrisa frink said:
i like the way Mike sounds on this album. maybe they suggested that or something. i really like it.

Taylor Parrish said:

I think my favorite thing about their new album is that it is the least autotuned.  You can tell by the way they sing (If you have evr seen them before live by some means) the songs of 'A Thousand Suns' that they sound almost 100% like they do on the album!!!  I mean, of course a few adaptations will have to be made for performing for a live audience, but from what I can tell there is basiclly no difference.  However, I do like their older stuff as well.  My only concern: does anyone other than me think that the way Mike raps on the first two albums makes him sound like Jamaican/some kind of foreign??  I mean I know he's half Japanese, but that's not relevant to how he sounds...???

C@!T said:

I feel like the only person on earth who likes their new stuff a lot more than their older stuff. I only just recently came across their new album on youtube by chance, and haven't listened to them since I was a teen. I really liked them when I was a teenager because of the angst in their music and I related to it so much. I changed a lot since I was fifteen though, as I imagine most of us do. I would not be into Linkin Park right now if Hybrid Theory came out today. But I feel like their sound has expanded and become more alternative (I see a lot of comments saying they have become mainstream with this album! As if Meteora wasn't mainstream? I really can't relate to the youth today!) I feel like I have processed and their old sound and no longer have a use for it/have outgrown it. But I relate to their new stuff ten years later completely fresh. I also think where they are a very produced sound (some would say over-produced) the fact that they have polished that produced sound into a much more complex and current cinematic feel really justifies the highly produced sound. It's not overproduced now, I find it really carved out and far more interesting now than it had been before. I feel LP is a band who is really adaptive to changing sounds and bringing in a broader range of outside influences. But they are clearly far more experienced with this album than their first couple. I am sure I have a much different taste in music than the average LP fan though, so I realize my opinions are not very standard or whatever.
i love all songs of linkin park but if i had to choose i would choose the old style of the first two albums (HYBRID THEORY) & (METEORA) they were awesome in my opinion

most of my fav LP songs are on Hybrid Theory and Meteora but i like their new stuff too

I know :)  But I'm sure glad they did change :)

larrisa frink said:
ha, yeah. they changed alot when they appered in 2000. how the times had changed.

Taylor Parrish said:
larrisa frink said:
on Mike you mean? I have to say short, but the long hair isn't bad either. i can't really decide.

Taylor Parrish said:

larrisa frink said:

Taylor Parrish said:
larrisa frink said:

Taylor Parrish said:

larrisa frink said:

Taylor Parrish said:

C@!T said:

their always amazing but I prefer the old a little bit

LP Forever right?? :D
ahmed sherif shawkat said:
i love all songs of linkin park but if i had to choose i would choose the old style of the first two albums (HYBRID THEORY) & (METEORA) they were awesome in my opinion
I agree that it's all good :)  Their music just speaks to me, you know??  Like I can really relate to what they're singing about :)

A.J. said:

most of my fav LP songs are on Hybrid Theory and Meteora but i like their new stuff too

My favortie album is 'A Thousand Suns', but I love it all!! :D

A.J. said:

Haha someone who understands me :)  Ten years hasn't changed their talent :)

larrisa frink said:
yep. they were in their 20's back then, now in their 30's, they're still the best band in the world :).

Taylor Parrish said:
I know :)  But I'm sure glad they did change :)

larrisa frink said:
ha, yeah. they changed alot when they appered in 2000. how the times had changed.

Taylor Parrish said:
larrisa frink said:

Taylor Parrish said:

larrisa frink said:

Taylor Parrish said:
larrisa frink said:

Taylor Parrish said:

larrisa frink said:

Taylor Parrish said:

C@!T said:

I love them old and new forever and always :)  Linkin Park is the best band in the world!!  :D

kostaspsa said:
their always amazing but I prefer the old a little bit

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service