I Think Linkin Park should play songs like their older stuff. In my opinion minutes to midnight sucked. None of the songs were as good as hybrid theory and meteora. Wat does everybody think? I've liked them since their album came out so..

Tags: Linkin, park

Views: 125

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Everybody likes something different so a change in music is okay just like different opinions of fans are okay.

The old days were about energy, power, edited voices all over the place and not clean soft tracks. There were some songs that are pretty clean or soft (you will remember when you think about it) but Minutes to Midnight was way too clean and lacked energy, but still the songs were alright.

On concerts fans go crazy about the old songs and it's a real great party but when it comes down to newer songs nothing is going on. Of course, breaks are nice, but they're not cool if it's half of the concert.

I'm not saying LP sucks or the new style or whatever you want to blame - I still like them but that's it. It's okay to change but you don't HAVE TO change just because other bands do, too (@some comments in here, that's a weird reason) or because you grow older.
It's nothing special for me personally anymore. I guess this was the last album I bought right away without listening to everything first, just like I won't like the concerts that much anymore unless it's supposed to be a "back to the roots"-tour or something.

I liked the edited voices, the 6 Chesters screaming at me, the electronica works, the riffs, the awesome drums on - say - Papercut which are a masterpiece when played live, and it was all very well put together.
I'm glad ATS isn't as clean as Minutes to Midnight was. But it's not really a top thing for me because they kind of went with a style that doesn't combine lots of genres. As people said, Brad is almost useless on this album, on Minutes to Midnight it was Joe.

And yes, let's hope someone reads this. Why not? We are fans just like everyone else and LP should love all their fans and not just the MtM/ATS fans so it's not a bad thing if we want more energy-driven songs and concerts that blow you away instead of radio-material. I would die for a concert like back in 2000/2001 when I was too young to get into the small clubs they played in.

And no, I'm not happy with it just because I liked Reanimation. It's in no way comparable except for 2 songs or something. They got my attention with One Step Closer and not the radio songs that made them real popular. I'm not into that. Lots of people seem to think LP's hits are the right songs to talk about when you say "old LP" but those (radio-friendly songs) were pretty rare on Hybrid Theory and Meteora and are not the ones that fans of the "old LP" mostly talk about.
I really AGREE ...
Meteora and Hybrid Theory were VERY NICE .

i hope LP will play songs like their older stuff ...
I love LP's classic style, but ATS is not bad either. It's a refreshing change although songs like Wretches and Kings are not like LP at all and discust me. Blackout is groing onto me. There are no strange lyrics. All these lyrics are classic to LP. It's the sound that's changed. I would still like to hear more of the old stuff, but the knew is not bad.
"In the End" and the cool dramatic strings on Reanimation was what I liked. But you make alot of valid points here. I think the main reason I really disliked Minutes to Midnight's departure from the classic LP sound is that I felt like any band could have played the songs on Minutes to Midnight. It didn't seem to require what I consider the special talents of Linkin Park to make those songs. I still feel that way about A Thousand Suns but I am such a fan of concept albums (Pink Floyd, Alan Parsons Project, Electric Light Orchestra) and of BT-style trance that I think I'm biased in favor from the outset. If by "clean" you're referring to the explicit language, I say keep that off the records. Hybrid Theory and Meteora didn't need parental guidance stickers and they were real works of art - there's no need for that. But if by "clean" you're referring to the lack of stutter edits and scratches, yeah I agree there should be tons of stutter edits and scratches on Linkin Park songs.

Kristopher Will said:
Everybody likes something different so a change in music is okay just like different opinions of fans are okay.
The old days were about energy, power, edited voices all over the place and not clean soft tracks. There were some songs that are pretty clean or soft (you will remember when you think about it) but Minutes to Midnight was way too clean and lacked energy, but still the songs were alright.
On concerts fans go crazy about the old songs and it's a real great party but when it comes down to newer songs nothing is going on. Of course, breaks are nice, but they're not cool if it's half of the concert.

I'm not saying LP sucks or the new style or whatever you want to blame - I still like them but that's it. It's okay to change but you don't HAVE TO change just because other bands do, too (@some comments in here, that's a weird reason) or because you grow older.
It's nothing special for me personally anymore. I guess this was the last album I bought right away without listening to everything first, just like I won't like the concerts that much anymore unless it's supposed to be a "back to the roots"-tour or something.

I liked the edited voices, the 6 Chesters screaming at me, the electronica works, the riffs, the awesome drums on - say - Papercut which are a masterpiece when played live, and it was all very well put together.
I'm glad ATS isn't as clean as Minutes to Midnight was. But it's not really a top thing for me because they kind of went with a style that doesn't combine lots of genres. As people said, Brad is almost useless on this album, on Minutes to Midnight it was Joe.

And yes, let's hope someone reads this. Why not? We are fans just like everyone else and LP should love all their fans and not just the MtM/ATS fans so it's not a bad thing if we want more energy-driven songs and concerts that blow you away instead of radio-material. I would die for a concert like back in 2000/2001 when I was too young to get into the small clubs they played in.

And no, I'm not happy with it just because I liked Reanimation. It's in no way comparable except for 2 songs or something. They got my attention with One Step Closer and not the radio songs that made them real popular. I'm not into that. Lots of people seem to think LP's hits are the right songs to talk about when you say "old LP" but those (radio-friendly songs) were pretty rare on Hybrid Theory and Meteora and are not the ones that fans of the "old LP" mostly talk about.
does anyone know what is going on with lpu and ticket master! lpu is saying they have more pre-sale tickets today and ticket master is saying they have no knowledge of this!

Exa Heydemans said:
I really AGREE ...
Meteora and Hybrid Theory were VERY NICE .

i hope LP will play songs like their older stuff ...
I like the new record, its amazing, and hav tons of new sounds. Mix, pure, LP 4 EVER !!!!
People change over time as well.. They are becoming a old band and everyone changes over time so does music. You can't really expect everything to be the same you would just get sick of it. I give props to their music no matter how different it is, I still like it.
I hope that Linkin Park will make another album like Meteora and HT.
doflamingo said:
I hope that Linkin Park will make another album like Meteora and HT.

I think the odds are pretty slim now, based on the last two...
Sigh, Go listen to hybrid and Meteora then, i for one love the new album, and know many who love it and even non lp fans who love it. They're not going back, stop complaining and go find another band that does the same thing album after album, not dissing those bands like disturbed, i just bought there last album and have listened to it like once or twice, got bored as there wasnt anything new or fresh but is till enjoy the music.

ATS on the other hands, i cant get enough, its fresh on the ears, unexpected, has so much going on and just so much depth that you can close your eyes and feel content at the musical experience going on.

Ive grown up with lp from early teens to adulthood now and ive grown with them as i didnt even have to force myself to listen to this album a second time to give it a go, i just genuinely enjoyed it from the get go and couldnt wait to play it over again.

To all those people wishing lp would go back, please stop it, they arent and never will, and just try and think at how harsh it is for creative artists to be starved by closed critics who want them to repeat the same winning formular over again, not letting them spead their wings, learn from trying new things and diverse their abilities. IF you dont like it, throw our ur ats, throw out ur m2m, but dont for one second discredit lp for being an amazing group of talent who are striving to push beyond what they've done, to invent themselves anew and to let them make music they enjoy making and enjoy playing for others to genuinely enjoy as well.

Even if you dont like their new direction, after what they have done, i believe they deserve their fans respect new or old, and those that dont want to follow, just stay behind and stop bringing everyone down with you!
dear gabriel castro.
linkin park are extremely sorry to hear that you didn't like the album.
they apologize for growing up and letting their music mature.
they also apologize for not calling the album Gabriel Castro.
yours sincerest,
todd williamson.
I think the concept on the songs is great, but the sound is not...maybe with more guitar and drum work the record would be nicer.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service