I come to this magnificent house of worship tonight,
Because my conscience leaves me no other choice.
A true revolution of values will lay hands on the world order and say of war:
This way of settling difference is not just.
This business of burning human beings with napalm,
Filling our nation's homes with orphans and widows,
Of injecting poisonous drugs of hate into veins of people normally humane.

Of sending men home from the dark and bloody battlefields physically handicapped and psychologically deranged,
Cannot be reconciled with wisdom, justice and love. (x6)

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Tags: And, Justice, Linkin, Love, Lyrics, Park:, Wisdom

Views: 505

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

thanks for that.
A truly sublime and profound piece of music and verse(?)
Dr. Kings' death left a chasm that has yet to be refilled.
Scott mezzina - Definnetly!. King's words have become slowly forgotten and distorted. Thats, imo, why the speach degrades slowly through that clip. Linkin park are truely authentic, meaningfull, and groundbreaking for bringing this to the new generation! I have the utmost respect for them. LONG LIVE LP!!
@Erik Paul Michael
This is a band who aren't content with towing the line.
As you quite rightly said,Martin Luther has almost been disregarded.
Almost been banished to the history books.
WTF!!!!
A finer wordsmith,I have yet to hear.
LP keep getting better.
LPTID
@Scott mezzina

OMG i just realized that your profile picture is an illustration from the Dark Tower Series! The best book series i have ever read.
Totally Epic!
I've read a few classics in my time,none better than sai Kings' magnum opus.lol
Apparently a film's being made.Not sure it should be.I guess I'm just fearful of some prick messing it up.

Erik Paul Michael said:
@Scott mezzina

OMG i just realized that your profile picture is an illustration from the Dark Tower Series! The best book series i have ever read.
Totally Epic!
ya i agree Scott, i think it should either be made by a epic director like Speilberg or Peter Jackson with a similar if not higher budget then LOTR, and likely be made into atleast a trilogy or perhaps a series. But im afraid like you that some prick might screw it up.

Btw last i heard that the director slated for it (Director of Lost...duno his name) droped out cause he had too many projects and said that DT was too steep of a project for him at that time.
you're right mate .jj abrams,as far as i know had actually purchased the rights to turn the books into films.
i'm not a big star trek fan but i thought the latest film was pretty good.probably the best film of 09.
followed lost but lost interest after two seasons.no slight on the series,probably my lack of patience.
that might've stood him in good stead when coming to direct such a pretty drawn out story.
thinking of it,that's probably why he pulled out.
pressure from the execs to deliver it in 3 installments,rather than the 7 treatment it surely deserves
by the way,thanks so much to Prince Of Persia.
nice one mate.
thanks for taking out the time to post the lyrics for the latest LP masterpiece.
muito obrigado mi hermano
I have never been known to be at a loss for words- but after hearing this song- I WAS- it entranced me- Dr.Kings powerful words hit me like a batting ram- a hollow pain on my stomach- of the cruelity, and pain we can so easliy inflict on each other- not for survival- but for power and greed. The distortion towards the end- removes the humanity from his voice- no soul, no conscience- the very qualities that make us human- leaving us only with robotic emptiness- it made me sad- and scared- is the last line really true- CAN WE NOT CHANGE, CAN WE BE FORGIVEN FOR SINS OF OUR PAST, CAN WE NOT LEARN, CAN WE NOT BE FAIR, CAN WE NOT TOLERATE OUR DIFFERENCES, AND LOVE ALL THAT WE HAVE IN COMMON- REGARDLESS OF COLOR, GENDER OR RACE. I WAS RAISED TO BELIEVE WE CAN- AND I WILL NEVER STOP BELIEVING IN THAT.
AMEN
Tara,just listen to Iridescent.
there's always hope

Tara Whelan said:
I have never been known to be at a loss for words- but after hearing this song- I WAS- it entranced me- Dr.Kings powerful words hit me like a batting ram- a hollow pain on my stomach- of the cruelity, and pain we can so easliy inflict on each other- not for survival- but for power and greed. The distortion towards the end- removes the humanity from his voice- no soul, no conscience- the very qualities that make us human- leaving us only with robotic emptiness- it made me sad- and scared- is the last line really true- CAN WE NOT CHANGE, CAN WE BE FORGIVEN FOR SINS OF OUR PAST, CAN WE NOT LEARN, CAN WE NOT BE FAIR, CAN WE NOT TOLERATE OUR DIFFERENCES, AND LOVE ALL THAT WE HAVE IN COMMON- REGARDLESS OF COLOR, GENDER OR RACE. I WAS RAISED TO BELIEVE WE CAN- AND I WILL NEVER STOP BELIEVING IN THAT.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service