I didn't see a thread about the http://linkinpark.com/message page, so here ya go. This is the place to discuss all new messages and puzzles on that page. Enjoy.

Views: 6235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Take it easy, Egalemcedeux. There's quite a bit of research that was involved in getting to the Trinity Test from World War II from the cryptic message Mike posted (research even we couldn't imagine doing, but someone was crazy good in finding it)

Youcef Amarouche said:
OK loool please !! PLEASE !! ... please explain to me how !! HOW THE F*** CAN YOU RELAT ''TRINITY'' WHIT THAT PICTURE ? .... it make no sens.... all im saying is that you went tooooo faaaaaaaaar!
LucidoFelice said:
that may be true, but we still have something now. even if trinity isn't the answer, we have a lead. but wouldn't that be something if trinity was really the answer, and it was right under our noses the whole time? it's like that part from iron man 2 where they discover the new element. (i won't go too in depth for those who haven't seen it)
What is this? Is this what the new album is going to be like. I'm unawhere. Though is could be a trick. The band MCR released the fake name of the album before releasing the real name of the album.
P.S: I don't speak computer.
@Matthew Kocher

The Hybrid Theory EP is awesome. One of my favorite LP CDs to listen to! :]

@LucidoFelice

Reanimation was great, it added some new dimensions to Hybrid Theory that I wouldn't have imagined before. It is definitely inspirational. :D
I don't know about you guys, but I'm just gonna ignore the troll.

Anyway, if it doesn't have to do with the Trinity Test itself, it may just as well have something to do with the Bhagavad Gita, where Oppenheimer's quote is from. What do you guys think?
(...) Oppenheimer later recalled that, while witnessing the explosion, he thought of a verse from the Hindu holy book, the Bhagavad Gita:

“ If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the mighty one... "

So that's it! Finally! Thnx to whoever found it. ;)
So, to sum up:

Lots of 0s and 1s
=
Falls la luminosité de var to ontplof edastada sekaligus airean, that sería kuin de pracht come yang kuat. Lo sono mäktig, terra-zerstören tyd.
=
If brightness were to explode forward at once in the air, that would be as beautiful as strong. These are powerful, ground-breaking times.
=
“ If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the mighty one... "

Hey, but there is still the last sntence missing from that quote. The 'Lo sono mäktig, terra-zerstören tyd.'
@Wilton Lopez
i have to agree with you ten times on that
Wilton Lopez said:
@Matthew Kocher

The Hybrid Theory EP is awesome. One of my favorite LP CDs to listen to! :]

@LucidoFelice

Reanimation was great, it added some new dimensions to Hybrid Theory that I wouldn't have imagined before. It is definitely inspirational. :D
Alright, here's the full blown recap. Mike posted this picture to replace the old message:

http://static.ning.com/linkinparknetwork/img/image001.jpg

It's obviously a message encoded in binary, so when someone painstakingly transcribed all of the 1s and 0s into a binary translator, they came up with this:

"Falls la luminosité de var to ontplof edastada sekaligus airean, that sería kuin de pracht come yang kuat. Lo sono mä5´ig, terra-zerstören tyd."

It's a bunch of words which are written in several different languages, but seem to be trying to express something.

Rob Walker then translated each word individually through Google:

Google Translate each word....

Falls = Falls, If, or In Case
la = The, Her, A, or It
luminosité = Brightness, Luminosity, Radiance, Lucidity, or Radiancy
de = The or Ye
var = Was
to = To
ontplof = Explode
edastada = Forward
sekaligus = At once, All at once, At a time, At one blow, Outright, holus-bolus, En bloc
airean, = Air
that = That
sería = Would
kuin = As, Like, Than, or But
de = The or Ye
pracht = Splendor, Magnificence, Grandeur, Pomp, Brilliance, Wealth, Sheen, Brilliancy, or Eclat
Come = Come, As, Like, Such as, How, As well as, Whereby, What...Like, For, Both...and, Such, What, or Sorry
Yang = Yang
kuat. = Strong
Lo = It, Him, The or To it
sono = Sono
mä5´ig, = ???
terra-zerstören = Terra-Destroy
tyd. = Time

Then, someone from another LP site managed to link this big scramble of words to a quote by J. Robert Oppenheimer, father of the Atomic Bomb, and part of the Trinity Test where the bomb was tested in New Mexico in 1945:

"Oppenheimer famously recalled the Bhagavad Gita: 'If the radiance of a thousand suns were to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the mighty one.' and 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Robert_Oppenheimer

The words of the two quotes are almost a perfect fit for the words that came from the translation of the words from the original binary code message. This leads us to believe that Mike wants us to research the atomic bomb, World War II, and the Trinity Test, to find the answer to what the message means, and what it means for the upcoming album.

Just to keep everyone up to speed =]
Ohhh, ok maybe this:

Years later he would explain that another verse had also entered his head at that time: namely, the famous verse; "Kalo Asmi Loka-ksaya-krit Pravardho, Lokan Samartum iha Pravattah"[46] and was quoted by Oppenheimer after the successful detonation of the first nuclear weapon. He translated it as "Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."

(Wikipedia - again)
Tatiana Nahuz said:
(...) Oppenheimer later recalled that, while witnessing the explosion, he thought of a verse from the Hindu holy book, the Bhagavad Gita:

So, to sum up:

Lots of 0s and 1s
=
Falls la luminosité de var to ontplof edastada sekaligus airean, that sería kuin de pracht come yang kuat. Lo sono mäktig, terra-zerstören tyd.
=
If brightness were to explode forward at once in the air, that would be as beautiful as strong. These are powerful, ground-breaking times.
=

Hey, but there is still the last sntence missing from that quote. The 'Lo sono mäktig, terra-zerstören tyd.'
I happened to pass right over and miss that quote while i was on Wikiquote. Good spot there =]

Tatiana Nahuz said:
Ohhh, ok maybe this:
Oppenheimer later would be persuaded to quote again in 1965 for a television broadcast:
“ We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.'[47]

(Wikipedia - again)
Tatiana Nahuz said:

So, to sum up:

Lots of 0s and 1s
=
=
=

That's good. Especially the part where he said they "knew the world would not be the same" because of the work they did. Maybe the band is saying their album won't leave the world the same as before?
And that phrase terra-zerstoren could translate as "ground-breaking" and also related to the sound, or "sono," of the album. Hmm.

Tatiana Nahuz said:
Ohhh, ok maybe this:

Oppenheimer later would be persuaded to quote again in 1965 for a television broadcast:

“ We knew the world would not be the same. A few people laughed, a few people cried. Most people were silent. I remembered the line from the Hindu scripture, the Bhagavad-Gita; Vishnu is trying to persuade the Prince that he should do his duty, and to impress him, takes on his multi-armed form and says, 'Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.' I suppose we all thought that, one way or another.'[47]

(Wikipedia - again)
Tatiana Nahuz said:

So, to sum up:

Lots of 0s and 1s
=
=
=

@ Matthew Kocher

And Carousel was probably one of the best songs they ever did...in my opinion. I can't stop listening to it.

@Lucido

Thanks for the recap, hopefully people read that before they start leaving comments when they don't know what anyone's talking about... :]
ok so now we know what it says and who the quote is from, but what is mike's "message"?
it could mean anything, or be the theme of their next album, like the end of the world, or technology destroying society.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service