I didn't see a thread about the http://linkinpark.com/message page, so here ya go. This is the place to discuss all new messages and puzzles on that page. Enjoy.

Views: 6235

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, my two-disc rambling was just a passing figment of my imagination. I wouldn't want people chasing me with torches in the event I'm wrong! It's merely speculation lol but I'll be damned if it actually comes out that way.

Oh, and if the second disc is a bonus DVD, that doesn't count =P

Marques Duggans said:
so from the message we all think that it is talking about the new album as a TWO disc set that will shine ever so bright and change music as we know it
That would make a lot of fans happy for sure. A bonus DVD would only be satisfactory compared to a 2 disc album in my opinion lol

LucidoFelice said:
Well, my two-disc rambling was just a passing figment of my imagination. I wouldn't want people chasing me with torches in the event I'm wrong! It's merely speculation lol but I'll be damned if it actually comes out that way.

Marques Duggans said:
so from the message we all think that it is talking about the new album as a TWO disc set that will shine ever so bright and change music as we know it
it most likely won't be a cd and dvd, but a normal two disc collection. omg mike please just say if we're close!!! D:

LucidoFelice said:

Marques Duggans said:
*dancing like crazy..!!*
god this is getting interesting..~~

i'm so fringing excited..~~

*jumping..~~*

LucidoFelice said:
Well, the Trinity thing could be part of the storyline. They've said many times it was a concept album, meaning that they're going to tell a story using all of the songs in the order that they'll be in. Trinity could be part of the plotline, or they may even be writing a story for World War 3.

Marques Duggans said:
i agree with you that would be insane but what about the significance of the trinity thing?

LucidoFelice said:
Crazy thought came into my mind: What if there are two albums?

Well, not like two albums, but that this could be a two-disc album, much like Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. That'd be pretty sick, too.

Marques Duggans said:
i think that they could possibly release singles on both august 6th & 9th... thats just me, but keep posting. this is getting insane!!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atomic_bombings_of_Hiroshima_and_Nagasaki

r1cky said:
well i remember chester saying once that they wanted it to be bigger than "american idiot" which was a pretty political album itself.... so it could be somewhere along the same lines...
LucidoFelice said:
Well, we're trying to tie the loose ends together. LP's last album, "Minutes to Midnight", is a reference to the Doomsday Clock that talks about how close we are to global disaster. All of the references of the Trinity Test may be hinting at the name of the next album in a similar way as "Minutes to Midnight", some possible political influence or undertone in a single (like "Hands Held High" and the video for "Shadow of the Day"), or ever a coinciding release date to one of the historical dates tied to events of the atomic bomb in 1945.

Ricardo Aguilar said:
ok so now we know what it says and who the quote is from, but what is mike's "message"?
I do have to hold my tongue, though: Mike could even say this is all wrong! We can only hope that we're nearing the answer

Lyra Zhang said:
*dancing like crazy..!!*

*jumping..~~*

LucidoFelice said:
Well, the Trinity thing could be part of the storyline. They've said many times it was a concept album, meaning that they're going to tell a story using all of the songs in the order that they'll be in. Trinity could be part of the plotline, or they may even be writing a story for World War 3.

Marques Duggans said:
i agree with you that would be insane but what about the significance of the trinity thing?

LucidoFelice said:

Well, not like two albums, but that this could be a two-disc album, much like Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. That'd be pretty sick, too.

Marques Duggans said:
i think that they could possibly release singles on both august 6th & 9th... thats just me, but keep posting. this is getting insane!!!!

r1cky said:
well i remember chester saying once that they wanted it to be bigger than "american idiot" which was a pretty political album itself.... so it could be somewhere along the same lines...
LucidoFelice said:
Well, we're trying to tie the loose ends together. LP's last album, "Minutes to Midnight", is a reference to the Doomsday Clock that talks about how close we are to global disaster. All of the references of the Trinity Test may be hinting at the name of the next album in a similar way as "Minutes to Midnight", some possible political influence or undertone in a single (like "Hands Held High" and the video for "Shadow of the Day"), or ever a coinciding release date to one of the historical dates tied to events of the atomic bomb in 1945.

Ricardo Aguilar said:
ok so now we know what it says and who the quote is from, but what is mike's "message"?
you really think they're following MTM..?

it's kinda weird

they like the environment..

LucidoFelice said:
I do have to hold my tongue, though: Mike could even say this is all wrong! We can only hope that we're nearing the answer

Lyra Zhang said:
*dancing like crazy..!!*

*jumping..~~*

LucidoFelice said:

Marques Duggans said:

LucidoFelice said:

Marques Duggans said:

r1cky said:
LucidoFelice said:

Ricardo Aguilar said:
I just hope we get an answer to all this soon! Or at least another hint (even though Mike said he gave us his last one already).
I didn't see anyone else referring to this, but apologies if I'm on a point that's already been gone over.

The poem A Litany in the Time of Plague by Thomas Nashe includes the lines:

Beauty is but a flower
Which wrinkles will devour;
Brightness falls from the air;
Queens have died young and fair;
Dust hath closed Helen's eye.

Those same lines are referenced heavily in one of the short stories in the Mrs. Miniver Collection by Jan Struther, specifically the story referring to Guy Fawkes' Day. Make of it what you will.
Victoria, that's a very interesting find, and I do believe you're the first person to mention it! A couple of those lines do seem to fit the bill as well. I know we've exhausted our lifelines from Mike, but hopefully we can play Marco Polo with him on this to see where we stand.
An other idea, far from the usual..
Well if i had time I could try something simple to get a number :p
I would make 2 sums. Sum1 will be the sum of all 1s and Sum2 the sum of all 0s.
Then I would try to do Sum1-Sum2 or the opposite.. This way I would get some numbers..
For example if sum1-sum2= 214, i will check which day of the year 214 is..:p
ok, i know it's not much possible to be something like that, but if i could i would give a try, just for fun xD..:P
here's the creepy video LPA found of oppenheimer saying the words from the quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f94j9WIWPQQ&feature=player_embedded
a guy on facebook posted this. Eduardo Sarabia-Luna
“At the end of summer, they will explode forward once again, with a release that will be magnificent and strong. The sound is their most powerful and ground-breaking yet." it mean the new album is coming in before september the 21st wich is the end of the summer, and since LP have release his studio albums, remixes and live albums including the ... See More2010 download to donate on 'Tuesdays' except for Road to Revolution last year i asuume it will come on tuesday before the end of summer wich means on the 14 or 21, and between 3 to 4 weeks before the beginning of the tour, so the might release a new single in the next few weeks i believe!!!
LPrulez!!!

What this guy said makes sense. I am gonna take into consideration what he said. I also agree about the Trinity idea. That that could be the theme of the new album.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service