Living Things = A roller coaster of musical evolution.

I remember ATS came out, people were torn. A lot of people slammed the band for trying new stuff and growing lyrically and musically. I'm ready to hear just as much if not more this time around too. My first listen through had me shell shocked. I didn't know what was coming next, metal, old school rap, rock, folk, or any other genre under the sun. I love the way this album tosses you around and keeps you off balance. The lyrics on a number of songs touched me deeply. I cried the first time I heard Roads Untraveled and Castle of Glass just hit me like a ton of bricks. I love the new sounds they explored and that this band grows with leaps and bounds with each album. I can hear every album they've released in this one album. I loved ATS but I can feel this album had a different meaning and more confidence in doing whatever felt right going in. I love the album and hope everyone else has enjoyed it as well. Thanks Linkin Park, for all you do and for the amazing music you make that speaks to people on more levels than anyone will ever realize.

Views: 317

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree. Love the new album. I love the structuring of each song. I was worried for a while because I heard that there weren't any guitars on this album. Completely false. But at the time I didn't know. I think ATS is a great album but it isn't one I can just listen to. I have to be in the mood to hear the story they tell on that album. But this album I can listen too whenever. I love this album a lOt. Stand out tracks for me are castle of glass roads untraveled I'll be gone and lost in the echo. Lp have matured a lot in their lyrical content. While we sometimes get a f you type song we now also get a helping hand vibe of songs from lp. Keep making music lp. Ignore the haters!

Roads Untraveled = Stunning song.

Right on guys. I love the entire album, but Roads Untraveled just grabs me. Castle of Glass has easily become my second fav on the album.

Your text touched me alot, and yes ATS was a stunning record and i enjoy listening to it today and years to come. I didn't think they would be able to top ATS but they surely did.

Favorite songs: Lost in the echo - (tinfoil+) Powerless - Until it breaks. The rest of the album is extremely good also but these songs were extra good.

Since we are on the topic of castle of glass. Will someone end this debate in having with my friend. He says there isn't an electric guitar being played on that song. I say there is. Who is right?

Powerless has become a favorite of mine as well. Very powerful lyrics.

Andreas Henriksson said:

Your text touched me alot, and yes ATS was a stunning record and i enjoy listening to it today and years to come. I didn't think they would be able to top ATS but they surely did.

Favorite songs: Lost in the echo - (tinfoil+) Powerless - Until it breaks. The rest of the album is extremely good also but these songs were extra good.

It comes in at 2:14 from what I can hear. That's not to say it isn't playing under the keys and synth up to that point, but I for sure hear it starting at that point.

Michael Gee said:

Since we are on the topic of castle of glass. Will someone end this debate in having with my friend. He says there isn't an electric guitar being played on that song. I say there is. Who is right?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service