Why the heck I'm getting banned all the time from LPU chat? I'm not sending questions every second, not spamming...

How often I can send the question? What the heck are the rules?

Disappointed! 

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I guess, you didn't get my words right.

1. I understand that and I'm not saying he must answer my question. I'm hoping, but I'm not expecting that.

2. I'm not acting like I'm only one. Don't make things up. And nothing disrespectful was addressed in my messages to any of chat ops. I was proposing the solutions how to make it a little bit softer and not to piss people off. A little bit emotional? Yes. As I said, it's my 3rd time in chat in last 5 years, 1st time in new chat! I don't have time to follow every chat.

"Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning by a moderator, followed by a ban from the chat room." - that what I found on the chat room page. But there were NO wornings. Just ban. Warnings would help a lot and make less people pissed off. No need to warn each person. Just post the general warning in the chat.

But ban is just easier, isn't it?

3.I didn't do any of that. I already figured out, what I did wrong, and I will remember it for next chat. But, as I said, warning would help.

4. I understand it's not easy, nobody said it was. If it's so hard to manage all questions, well, let everybody to post 1 question and then a band member can go through and pick up the ones he likes. Something like they did in old chat room.

Elixir Rose (GL) said:

There are 4 things I see wrong with what you have said. I will list them and tell you how not be a part of the problem again.

1) It was a chat with Chester, you can not expect him to see every question, he is busy and does not have time.

2) You are acting like you are the only one. Pay attention, Rositsa has already stated you Were not the only one. The mods have a BIG responsibilty, Respect it. They can not always give warnings, this was not a normal chat scene.

3) Every chat has basically the same rules, NO spamming, NO cussing, NO trolling, NO bullying.

4) Reguardless of the time difference, the Rules Are The Same. Nothing about it was lame, only to someone who is not willing to understand the job of the mods.

You want to not be a problem, stop crying about it, and deal, dont spam Eminem every two seconds, as I said, he is a busy man, give him a break. if he doesn't answer, so be it, that's called life. You need to understand the hard work that goes into a chat like that, not only is it hard on Chester, it is hard on Adam, and the mods. Give them a break.

Honestly, I do not know why you keep on telling that the moderators should have warned that if someone doesn't follow the rules, he/she will directly get banned. Usually people come online 10-15 minutes (at least) before the official time for the chat. Not only the "usual" moderators, but also Adam warned and said what I already mentioned in my last post. I do not want to repeat it again. Maybe you should read it one more time. I gave you a link with the rues as well plus some of them are already written below the chat on lpu.linkinpark.com/chat . About this one-post-thing.. well people knew that they should not spam and post their questions more than once (even thought twice was tolerated as well) and it was OK for them. If you have any good ideas about how the next chat should work, I thing that you could share them with Adam or someone else. But you should have talked about this before the chat. Now it is a bit too late. Sorry.

I read your links, thank you. It helped to understand couple things.

Banning without warning it's like punishing your kid without explaining what he did wrong. Doesn't really help to understand, what you shouldn't do. Besides, it tells in their rules, that warning first, then ban. I posted the quote in my previous post.

Here it is again: "Failure to follow these rules will result in a warning by a moderator, followed by a ban from the chat room."

Talking about quality is never too late. Forums were made for people to share their opinion. That's what makes quality better. Hopefully, chatops will read this topic and think about things they can do better.

I already have posted my thoughts about it.

P.S. If so many people wouldn't "cry" about removing LPUX package and other LPU changes, we probably wouldn't see it till this moment. 

Did you even read this sentences: "There is no time to warn every single person, therefor the mods made it clear before the chat that everyone who spams or gives any other reason (for example swearing) will get banned without any warning. The mods have been patient as I already said." ???

And really?! Talking about quality?!... after you said that it was only the 3rd time you've been on chat?! I do not think that I have anything else to say.

I have nothing against you, but you are just repeating the same things over and over again... ( this is actually what spam is all about and the whole post became such) so you will find all my answers in this discussion.

I disagree that mods need to warn before banning during a band chat. The chat is too fast and that's not a reasonable thing to ask for. Same for explaining the reasoning for the ban. There's not enough time for that and most people who do things to get banned are typically people who don't listen anyway.

What's reasonable to ask for is a regular posing of chat rules before a band chat. People who get banned bring it upon themselves and it's their own fault.

To see quality, you don't need to be there all the time. Couple times is enough.

I'm not trying to change somebody's mind. I posted my position.

IMO, there should be warnings before ban, except really bad behaviour, like swearing, insult, really bad spamming, or getting into very personal things. And it sais in their own rules. 

No need to warn each person, they can stop chat and post warning for everybody (like they did before).

If somebody has the opinion to share, feel free. I'm done here.

I'd agree on that:

KATHYxx said:

What's reasonable to ask for is a regular posing of chat rules before a band chat. People who get banned bring it upon themselves and it's their own fault.

Is it hard to understand the meaning of: "There is no time to warn every single person, therefor the mods made it clear before the chat that everyone who spams or gives any other reason (for example swearing) will get banned without any warning. The mods have been patient as I already said."

The situation was an exception!

End of this discussion for me or at least stop repeating the same think 10 times -.-

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service