Following the success of Hybrid Theory and Reanimation, Linkin Park spent a significant amount of time touring around the United States. The band members began to work on new material amidst its saturated schedule, spending a sliver of their free time in their tour bus' studio.

The band officially announced the production of a new studio album in December 2002, revealing its new work was inspired by the rocky region of Meteora in Greece, where numerous monasteries have been built on top of the rocks.

The Metéora (Greek: Μετέωρα, "suspended rocks", "suspended in the air" or "in the heavens above" - etymologically similar to "Meteorite") is one of the largest and most important complexes of Eastern Orthodox monasteries in Greece, second only to Mount Athos. The six monasteries are built on natural sandstone rock pillars, at the northwestern edge of the Plain of Thessaly near the Pineios river and Pindus Mountains, in central Greece. The nearest town is Kalambaka. The Metéora is included on the UNESCO World Heritage List under criteria I, II, IV, V and VII.

Literature, music and film inspired by Meteora

Ancient Monasteries Perch Among Meteora In Greece

What's your opinion, about the name and the inspiration?

Source: Wikipedia

(Linkin Park: Album Meteora)

(Meteora Greece)

Tags: Greece, Linkin, Meteora, Park

Views: 2177

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I am proud to be greek!!! =D

to my mind,linkin park were right to give their album the name of meteora,cause the songs of that album were so wonderful just as the view of this greek mountainous place ;)))
The only opinion I have is that Linkin park made a good choice in naming the album after an area so amazing and beautiful.
huge: WOW!!! It     is     amazing !!!

Ryan Voight said:
The only opinion I have is that Linkin park made a good choice in naming the album after an area so amazing and beautiful.
Yes, i totally agree.
i agree!! this is wonderful and as we know LP loves greece so yes they made the right choice, this place is very inspiringto all of us!!
Perfect album title for a masterpiece and this gives so much inspiration
gracias, Zuriel. Me gustó mucho.

A ti te gusto y a mi me encanto.

tienes razón!

Zuriel Perez said:

A ti te gusto y a mi me encanto.

One would assume that it was originally delivered on Saturday evenings but we all know what happens when one "assumes!" Interestingly, Wikipedia.org has nothing about the name's origin. Please provide your source if you have one.
LorDaVie

I read about Meteora in The Lost Throne by Chris Kuzneski, he described it very well!

I'd want to visit it once!

Well, i am Greek and i have visited Meteora so this place does exist in real. Also if you search on the internet there are so many sites - not only wikipedia - that write the same thing. Linkin Park fan networks say the same thing. Linkin Park by themselves have said it on an interview they did about Meteora.

So, i have many sources.

I am telling you all these things, friendly.

Georgia.

xiomara robbins said:

One would assume that it was originally delivered on Saturday evenings but we all know what happens when one "assumes!" Interestingly, Wikipedia.org has nothing about the name's origin. Please provide your source if you have one.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service