Hey guys! Haven't been on here in a while so if this isn't new news, just discard it, but while driving home today I was listening to Sirius Radio and "One Step Closer" Live in Texas version came on. I was like ok, cool. But after the song, the host came on and started talking about LP and how they have started working on the 5th LP album and it would explore controversial issues. The host said that Chester said that the band had found new ways of writing, and some other things. Just thought I would share. :)

Views: 15

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

on my mail i got my Metal Hammer News and one of them was that Rick Rubin had talked about working on the new stuff of Metallica and LP...  check it

"Rick Rubin has been speaking about the progress and direction of the new albums from Metallica and Linkin Park, both of which will see him resurrecting his role as producer.

Rick Rubin has been speaking out on the progress on the upcoming record from two of the world’s biggest bands, Metallica and Linkin Park. Speaking about the Metallica record (the actual Metallica album, not the ‘Loutallica’ project with Lou Reed), Rubin has revealed that the band are: “about to start writing, and I had a meeting with Lars in San Francisco to explore what the focus was going to be this time around. I’m still sort of thinking about what that is going to be. I’ll ask a lot of questions and we’ll probably listen to some of the riffs that they’ve been writing. Usually I’ll hear something that will sort of indicate the direction and then we’ll talk about it from there.”

Being a busy man, Rubin has also been talking about the early stages of writing for the new Linkin Park album. “Typically we’ll have a once-a-week meeting to go listen to the songs that they’re coming up with and talk about them,” says Rubin. “For so early in the project, they are much further along than they have been on the last two albums we did. On (‘A Thousand Suns‘) there were still a lot of irons in the fire. We knew, ‘OK, we can’t do this forever. Let’s leave this batch and we’ll come back and address it when we start up again.’”

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service