I've listened to "Burn It Down" a few times now and I faintly hear some Meteora and Hybrid Theory, but I feel as if the single is still missing something. This could possibly be the metal guitar tone that is all so prominent in the first two albums. Do you guys think that if Linkin Park adds this tone to their new album or material hereafter, the fan base as a whole will be more accepting? 

Views: 610

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is one song. You expect every song to sound exactly the same with exactly the same type of guitar/instruments? You've not even heard the whole album. How boring would music be if every song had similarities?

I was only saying that this first song was more along the lines of ATS and felt like it was missing something. I simply asked the opinion of others if they felt this way or if they also felt like Burn It Down was missing something. 

Carlos said:

This is one song. You expect every song to sound exactly the same with exactly the same type of guitar/instruments? You've not even heard the whole album. How boring would music be if every song had similarities?

I think this song would have benefited greatly with a heavier guitar riff. However, it has it's own character. Makes you wonder what the rest will sound like. I'm looking forward to hearing that song with the strings in it.

it needs alot of metal guitar in it because you can hardly hear it, i think that linkin park should make more songs like from what they did on hybrid theory i think that would be their best album

In my opinion, this song is great!
You may not hear exactly what Delson is playing. If you look at the clip from Rock am Ring 2012.
You'll hear better what he's playing.
I love LP, and nothing is going to change that. I can't wait for Living Things to be released here in Norway around June 22 - 25.
If you look up songs from the album, you'll find Castle of Glass an Lies Greed Misery.
you'll find them on youtube. and Lies Greed Misery in my opinion is reminding me of Wretches and Kings.

I agree to that. I think that if they added the nu-metal sound that you hear in Hybrid Theory and Meteora, as well as the techno feel like in A Thousand Suns to new material from now on, I, for one, will be more willing to listen to it. Figure that one out, Mike and Chester.

C-Strong (aka Chris Armstrong)

I understand why they shifted from the heavier, angrier sound of the Hybrid Theory/Meteora era. Bands progress as they play and they have to find the balance between staying true to their sound, maturing as a group, and staying fresh. By now the same style would sound extremely redundant. What I don't understand is why they would release a song like "lies greed misery" and use this newer, lighter style rather than the old one that would make it so much more meaningful. "Burn It Down" is a kick ass song and in my opinion it's on a completely different level because they dropped in hints of the older style, whereas they didn't do it in "lies greed misery" and it kind of throws off the balance. Either way, I look forward to buying the new album when it comes out and can't wait to hear what else is on there.

Yeah they had their nuts clipped. LP has lost their energy and Rick Rubin has them blind. Its been pretty bad music since MTM, all downhill and non-memorable music.

Don Gilmore needs to be brought back to inject some KICK ASS energy in LP and wake them up from Rick's lull spell.

Jake said:

I understand why they shifted from the heavier, angrier sound of the Hybrid Theory/Meteora era.

Haha sheittt, this guy got it 100% right.

z3r0 said:

Yeah they had their nuts clipped. LP has lost their energy and Rick Rubin has them blind. Its been pretty bad music since MTM, all downhill and non-memorable music.

Don Gilmore needs to be brought back to inject some KICK ASS energy in LP and wake them up from Rick's lull spell.

Jake said:

I understand why they shifted from the heavier, angrier sound of the Hybrid Theory/Meteora era.

Maybe they feel too lazy to play instruments so they have to use computers instead to make their music. Too sad.
I got the new album and all songs sound like burn it down, there's nothing new.

Burn it down and in my remains kinda has the same drum beat haha

Esteban said:

Maybe they feel too lazy to play instruments so they have to use computers instead to make their music. Too sad.
I got the new album and all songs sound like burn it down, there's nothing new.

well i liked the song .......but yes i still missed some unique outstanding song LP usually has like what ive done in MTM and Catalyst in ATS......only one outstanding single would be enough.....rest of the album is awesome....new piano melodies.....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service