I've listened to "Burn It Down" a few times now and I faintly hear some Meteora and Hybrid Theory, but I feel as if the single is still missing something. This could possibly be the metal guitar tone that is all so prominent in the first two albums. Do you guys think that if Linkin Park adds this tone to their new album or material hereafter, the fan base as a whole will be more accepting? 

Views: 608

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In the whole album, theres a strange lack of the guitar that was so present in Meteora and Hybrid Theory, and even in Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns. This album definitely lacks something. To me it feels like they just didn't have anything to say like they did in the last two albums.

You are actually right. When I heard In My Remains, I was like: Is it just me or does the drum beat sound really simular to Burn It Down?

Rome said:

Burn it down and in my remains kinda has the same drum beat haha

Esteban said:

Maybe they feel too lazy to play instruments so they have to use computers instead to make their music. Too sad.
I got the new album and all songs sound like burn it down, there's nothing new.

If you listen really carefuly you can hear the guitars on the songs. For example I have listened to Burn It Down more than 600 times since it came out. And now I can hear the guitars in the song.

shinodafan011 said:

In the whole album, theres a strange lack of the guitar that was so present in Meteora and Hybrid Theory, and even in Minutes to Midnight and A Thousand Suns. This album definitely lacks something. To me it feels like they just didn't have anything to say like they did in the last two albums.

I think the full album living things is the best album of linkin park

Hybrid theory was definitely my favorite album,and the older stuff,in my opinion was the best. But the new album is also incredible. It has its own new unique sound and sets itself aside from other genres just like the other albums. After all,all bands change their sound slightly over time. And if this is what linkin park has come to,and they feel the most comfortable with producing this type of music now,than this is what everyone should respect. It's a great album, and the difference in it compared to the past makes it unique.

It's definitely missing the heavy guitar element. The first two tracks come out strong though.

Even "Victimized" supposedly the heaviest track on the album, misses it terribly. The intro and the screaming lyric parts sound like they just added loud drums. Huh? Totally could have used heavy guitar riffs in there.

P.S. Anyone else bothered with Skin to Bone? I feel like it doesn't flow well at all, and the lyrics don't go together well either.

And another thing, every song ends before you want it to. Every single one. I love this album though. It just leaves much to be desired, in a good way. You're like, what the hell why did they stop the song already it was just getting good.

Yes,some of the songs do end before you want them too. But just the same, the album is a different style that once again distinguishes linkin park from other bands. LP forever!

I have so many favorites from this album. I can hear very clearly the guitar in certain songs, like Burn It Down,Lost In The Echo, In My Remains, etc.
If you listen to one song or more, nearly 600 times or so, you'll soon get so open minded that you'll hear the instrument you think is missing. Trust me it works to listen to the songs more than 50 times or more to hear that sound that you think is missing.

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU. It felt kind of one-dimensional. I couldn't put my finger on it. Whether it felt redundant, or what. But I was definitely underwhelmed by the song. It was loud, and the melodies were pretty... but I felt like the music lacked.. depth. Idk **shrugs** but I feel you.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service