Hey how do yo think the new album will sound?

Since 30 December 2009

Views: 1149

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A mixture of all three albums, (not pop though). I heard they are going to be using more beats, and an even more electronic music style. I want the same emotions we had in Hybrid Theory, Meteora and Minutes to Midnight. Maybe they'll sound a bit like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrWg75qIcvk
i have a feeling its gonna be very nine inch nails/electronic hard rock, and alice and chains meets raige against the machine. with another new divide/ what ive done type song as there first single.

i hope to hear more qwerty and one step closer and given up type songs on the new album. and especilly more then 13 songs.
Wat i have was that they will not ignore the past and back to the origins and put something new.
Gabriel Fingolo said:
Wat i have was that they will not ignore the past and back to the origins and put something new.

They never said that.
As long as it doesn't sound like Minutes to Midnight, it's fine with me.
like they did with minutes to midnight i think theyll try something new, and i think itll pay off cos if new divide is anything to go by the new album will be awesome,
I think it will be a bit more industrial...which is fine by me, I love industrial rock :)! It's just some kind of feeling and assumption, and maybe some wishful thinking...but I agree, whatever they make, it's gonna be good!
haha!!!no it will not(it cannot be)

Arno said:
Cillian said:
The band have commented on the new stuff being very different to anything they've done before.

Well we hope to not be something pop then. lol
Jacrid said:
LoL @ people who want HT- / Meteora - Style:
Just LISTEN TO HT & Meteora then!
They don't want to make the same things all the time... why can't you guys accept it?^^

I like every Album of them and whatever comes next, will be awesome too.

Yeah, I personally had no problems with MTM. It was different, but good.

I believe that the new album is going to be different "since they've hinted at it", and people seem to take a bit of time to get use to change.

But that's the reason I love LP. They have so many different styles they have and can do.
Linkin Park is known for always creating something new and being different. Hybrid Theory was really big because of those reasons. Meteora was an extension of that. Reanimation was a perfect representation of that and so was Collision Course and Minutes To Midnight. Linkin Park is always pushing the envelope. My favorite album so far is Minutes To Midnight because they crushed everyone's expectation of what the album was going to sound like and came out with many positive results. The songs were more specific and had more depth. If LP's new album were to sound like Hybrid Theory I would be disappointed because it defeats the purpose of trying to be different in the first place. Nu-metal is a chapter that closed many years ago. Also, many of the fans of Hybrid Theory have grown up, and like evolution, their way of thinking and their taste in art also evolved. When Mike Shinoda was on "Last Call with Carson Daly" and he mentioned the comparison that Dave made about popular music and junk food I could not help but smile. I just couldn't agree more!
Not to stray away but look at The Beatles for example. If they continued writing songs like " I Want To Hold Your Hand", they would not have been as influential and big as when they wrote "Let It Be" and "I Am the Walrus". The fact is they simply grew up and so did their fans. I am confident that Linkin Park will once again push the envelope with their new album. Rock on.
So agreed. I want to hear something so new, so insane, so out of the everyday sounds that i have honestly gotten so tired of listening to that it'll be literally as mike had said, a completely new genre. I want to hear something that's so revolutionary that it'll be sounds and emotions i've never had before. And that's what linkin park's always done. They as u have said...push the limits and beyond.

Kevin Munoz said:
Linkin Park is known for always creating something new and being different. Hybrid Theory was really big because of those reasons. Meteora was an extension of that. Reanimation was a perfect representation of that and so was Collision Course and Minutes To Midnight. Linkin Park is always pushing the envelope. My favorite album so far is Minutes To Midnight because they crushed everyone's expectation of what the album was going to sound like and came out with many positive results. The songs were more specific and had more depth. If LP's new album were to sound like Hybrid Theory I would be disappointed because it defeats the purpose of trying to be different in the first place. Nu-metal is a chapter that closed many years ago. Also, many of the fans of Hybrid Theory have grown up, and like evolution, their way of thinking and their taste in art also evolved. When Mike Shinoda was on "Last Call with Carson Daly" and he mentioned the comparison that Dave made about popular music and junk food I could not help but smile. I just couldn't agree more!
Not to stray away but look at The Beatles for example. If they continued writing songs like " I Want To Hold Your Hand", they would not have been as influential and big as when they wrote "Let It Be" and "I Am the Walrus". The fact is they simply grew up and so did their fans. I am confident that Linkin Park will once again push the envelope with their new album. Rock on.
yeah... i think they'll totally bang our ears with an explosive new sound. hope it's funky fresh, and yet... LP's still written all over their new material.

that's all i could say. LP 4 LIFE! B)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service