Hey how do yo think the new album will sound?

Since 30 December 2009

Views: 1145

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Gregorius Gelino said:
hope LP new album will release soon :D

We'll probaly get about 2 months notice as to when it'll drop. So as it stands it won't be out before August, probably later though.
Funny Cillian.. You say that the new album will be very different from the others. But I've heard from Mike himself in a video that they have tried to make it very much the same as Hybrid Theory - and that's about 3 weeks ago I saw that video.
"Blackbirds" is, I think, an example what is their new album (and will probably be in) ; this song is quite M2M style but Mike's rap is HT-like. But I would like Chester more agressive.
A question:
What songs that we know will be in?
I thought about "New Divide", but it sounds too much as M2M. And I saw a message from Mike that it will not (not sure, I need to find this message...)
"Not Alone", I think NO. Was just made for Haiti.
I heard some persons (on Youtube -_-) saying "Lockjaw" will be in the new album. Maybe, by the way I love "Lockjaw".
"Across the Line" (YouTube again) is a demo from LPU9. Why not? It reminds me "Breaking the Habit".
Hope to see "Qwerty"!
What do you think?

About their new sound, I wait and will not be dissapointed. Even M2M, that many persons didn't like, is a good album. We can say it's not a good LP album, but it's a good rock album. M2M have great songs too!
metallica,rammstein,godsmack,scorpions,deep purple,nazareth,nightwish
Mathias Mikkelsen said:
Funny Cillian.. You say that the new album will be very different from the others. But I've heard from Mike himself in a video that they have tried to make it very much the same as Hybrid Theory - and that's about 3 weeks ago I saw that video.

No, Mike said the new album will be very different from the others. Whatever you think you're remembering is inaccurate.

Alexandre said:
"Blackbirds" is, I think, an example what is their new album. What songs that we know will be in? I thought about "New Divide", but it sounds too much as M2M. And I saw a message from Mike that it will not (not sure, I need to find this message...) "Not Alone", I think NO. Was just made for Haiti.
I heard some persons (on Youtube -_-) saying "Lockjaw" will be in the new album. Maybe, by the way I love "Lockjaw".
"Across the Line" (YouTube again) is a demo from LPU9. Why not? It reminds me "Breaking the Habit".
Hope to see "Qwerty"!
What do you think?

None of the songs you've mentioned will be on the new album, which will comprise of entirely new, never-heard-before material.
Blackbirds and Across The Line are from the MTM writing sessions, released exclusively for 8-Bit Rebellion and LPU9 respectively.
New Divide was written exclusively for Transformer 2.
Not Alone was a track they were working on that they finished for Haiti.
Lockjaw was something Mike made in a day to test out the lastest version of Pro-Tools.
QWERTY was written specifically for the Summer Sonic 2006 gigs.

Al3xxx mUDragON said:
metallica,rammstein,godsmack,scorpions,deep purple,nazareth,nightwish

I've never liked Ramstein or Godsmack and I'm unfamiliar with Nightwish so won't comment on them.

I don't think Scorpions have ever gone beyond 12 or 13 tracks.

Deep Purple have rarely gone beyond 12 tracks and even then it was for CD re-issues where the bonus material was mostly remixes, live tracks and instrumentals.

Metallica have never released a studio album with more than 14 tracks, "Load" and that album as well as "ReLoad" which has 13 tracks, have quite a lot of filler. Thier best albums tend to be no more than 8-10 tracks

Keeping the number of songs down maintains focus in the song writing. If you have too many songs your focus gets diluted and the quality of many songs can suffer.
They did say that, I can back him up.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1630126/20100120/linkin_park.jhtml

Cillian said:
Gabriel Fingolo said:
Wat i have was that they will not ignore the past and back to the origins and put something new.

They never said that.
Exactly what I'm talking about Michael Lazovich. The different is just that I heard it in a video, but it is almost the same.
They will not ignore the past and so they will make some music that sounds a lot like the old stuff..

I don't know how you can know what I have heard Cillian ?
Also this:

Cillian said:

Gabriel Fingolo said:

Wat i have was that they will not ignore the past and back to the origins and put something new.

They never said that.

How can you know what we have heard ?
And how can you talk like you know it all when you really don't ?
we all hope so not exactly like but sound alike,plus every artist reaches a point when develeps its sound so it descoves its self...so ye they are groing as potencial
Sorry, 'thought there would be songs we know on the album
hey i saw all your coments
and big news it seems like the new album is coming out september 24.
but it is going to be more progressive (lpa news).bsides mike wrote once "darkside of the moon" on his twitter or blog.
that's progressive,it's pink floyd.
but i think that they are going to use HT ,Meterora and m2m style.
i'm a lpu member so ...i got this news.
the messages.mike is posting messages and the messages said
that the new album is coming out september and it's gonna be HUGE.
but a single must go out august.
thanks
Alexandre said:
Sorry, 'thought there would be songs we know on the album

It's cool, don't worry about it.

Michael Lazovich said:

The only thing in there that refers to HT & Meteora is that LP are using the same Studio where they recorded those albums. Not that they are writing music that sounds like HT.
For some reason you completely ignore the parts where Mike says:
"I feel like it's an entirely different process and an entirely different style of music than anything we've done before. It's hard to place. People keep asking me, 'What does it sound like?' and it's hard to describe. When people hear it, they're going to have a tough time saying that it falls into a category"

Mathias Mikkelsen said:
Exactly what I'm talking about Michael Lazovich. The different is just that I heard it in a video, but it is almost the same.
They will not ignore the past and so they will make some music that sounds a lot like the old stuff.. How can you know what we have heard ?
And how can you talk like you know it all when you really don't ?

I'm not talking like I know everything, I'm simply repeating what Mike has said regarding the album, which contradicts what you say you've heard.
So, would you like to post a link to back youself up?
So let me get this streight,the album in coming out on september 24 this year,it better be worth waiting for....and is there a name?how is it called?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service