Now that LP Underground has been moved over here to linkinpark.com, I decided to start an LPU discussions forum.  Hope you enjoy it.

Views: 453

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is a hard fact but, I think it is worth saying.

All six members of Linkin Park knew the fanclub would be like this. Like everything else, the band has a large say in what happens to the fanclub. Linkin Park are partially to blame, as well as LPUHQ.

This club is no longer fun, and I refuse to be a part of it.

That $60 dollars is going toward something better, like, helping Haiti, for example. Why should we let you collect money that you do not need? It's insulting to people around the world who have been pennyless their entire lives!

Not to be insulting, but that's by far the worst argument ever. It's your right to be apart of the LPU or not, but to say something is insulting to poor people because of a cost is just stupid. I look at LPU as a "luxury" of life. It is not a needed thing. There are things that come before LPU, concerts, etc. I wish LPU could be free for everyone but it can't. For all the things LPU has done so far and what it will continue to do, it needs money. All because the money isn't going towards what you want doesn't make it wrong. This is Linkin Park's fan club, not yours.

Alexandra Nofi said:

All six members of Linkin Park knew the fanclub would be like this. Like everything else, the band has a large say in what happens to the fanclub. Linkin Park are partially to blame, as well as LPUHQ.

That $60 dollars is going toward something better, like, helping Haiti, for example. Why should we let you collect money that you do not need? It's insulting to people around the world who have been pennyless their entire lives!

The LPU HQ should have been far more direct with what their intentions were in changing how the LPU was to be run and administered.  To raise the price like they have, offer far less, and not say why is the problem here.  I think if the band wants a successful club after 10 years and they still don't have enough money then they should consider pumping some of their own investments into it.  Otherwise don't make me fork over the excess dollars when you did not require me to 10 years past.  The whole thing is a strong case in Business Ethics 101 and every last LPU HQ member should receive an "F". 

I have also submitted two compaints to "Topspin" which is apparently the group responsbile for running this website.  On both emails sent I have received an email back saying my original email was forwarded to LPU HQ.  I don't expect them to be answered.  On another note, I sure hope if one of you are going to the Chicago LPU Summit that one of you ask the question..."What's up with the LPU"?  You, me , and those who have been members deserve to know.

Hello LP Fans!

I'm new here and I can't find the chat !?
Pleas help me send me a msg our add me !

Bye

Ohana

http://lpu.linkinpark.com/chat/

Ohana said:

Hello LP Fans!

I'm new here and I can't find the chat !?
Pleas help me send me a msg our add me !

Bye

Ohana

It's not a bad argument at all, Derek, it's rather realistic and straight forward.

dereklp said:
Not to be insulting, but that's by far the worst argument ever. It's your right to be apart of the LPU or not, but to say something is insulting to poor people because of a cost is just stupid. I look at LPU as a "luxury" of life. It is not a needed thing. There are things that come before LPU, concerts, etc. I wish LPU could be free for everyone but it can't. For all the things LPU has done so far and what it will continue to do, it needs money. All because the money isn't going towards what you want doesn't make it wrong. This is Linkin Park's fan club, not yours.

Alexandra Nofi said:

So using all the poor people in the world in your argument, knowing that at least 99% of these poor people do not care or probably even know about LPU make it realistic? Maybe if you just said those less fortunate fans of LP who cannot afford to dish out the money, but the world? Also, when you look at all the other businesses and companies and how much they rake in, it really makes LPU look measly. I understand your point, I do. I just think your argument is a little overkill.

Alexandra Nofi said:

It's not a bad argument at all, Derek, it's rather realistic and straight forward.

dereklp said:

Alexandra Nofi said:

I said "around the world", not "all the poor people all over the planet".

Yes, I do still feel like it is a legitimate argument. There is no changing my mind there. Regardless of the amount LPUHQ make be trying to rake in, they are no better than other corrupt organization out there today.

dereklp said:

So using all the poor people in the world in your argument, knowing that at least 99% of these poor people do not care or probably even know about LPU make it realistic? Maybe if you just said those less fortunate fans of LP who cannot afford to dish out the money, but the world? Also, when you look at all the other businesses and companies and how much they rake in, it really makes LPU look measly. I understand your point, I do. I just think your argument is a little overkill.

Alexandra Nofi said:

dereklp said:

Alexandra Nofi said:

Well, for when you leave LPU:

Alexandra Nofi said:

I said "around the world", not "all the poor people all over the planet".

Yes, I do still feel like it is a legitimate argument. There is no changing my mind there. Regardless of the amount LPUHQ make be trying to rake in, they are no better than other corrupt organization out there today.

I was with the LPU for 1,2 6,7 and 8.  What we had before was better than this. I chose to do the monthly membership.  No package (T-shirt, LPU CD, Newsletter, etc), No LPU site, NO email address with @linkinpark.com?! RIP LPU :'(

linkinparkette said:
hey was any of u guys a member of lpunderground before it was changed?
if so can you, help spread the word of a chain going around to get the old website, chat and forums back. ty
well that really sux...this is my first time ever being able to buy a membership, and ive heard people sayin theyve gotten tshirts and stickers and all that fun stuff and plus the awesome website, and all this new one has is a couple songs they send you and the regular LP website...i feel jipped!

I just got LPUX a few months back. I only knew about LPU at all from a little postcard that came in the case of Meteora. It outlined all this stuff I was supposed to get... a t-shirt, a CD, tons of cool stuff. And it was, like, 25 bucks. I was in 6th grade at the time, so that was a lot of money to me.

This past year, I saw a SIGNIFICANT price increase in LPU membership, but I also had a job. Naive as I was, I decided to purchase LPUX membership, thinking that since it was almost three times the price, it would be almost three times the awesomeness.

You see, I was pretty wrong.

A chat room, Summits in cities I can't afford to travel to. Ticket presales were a plus, but any old member of LP.com got them two days later. I'm not getting NEARLY the benefits I expected. Not even CLOSE.

I had better get into the meet and greet at the Dallas show coming up, because I essentially spent 60 bucks on JUST THAT. >;/

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2014   Created by LINKIN PARK.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service